⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday game is sold out

I would love to go, but I can't leave my wife with the 5 kids... I am looking at maybe catching UT at TCU just for the entertainment value.

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M is anemic at the plate. Not many strikeouts, but not many strong hits either. 

If Shewmake and Foster get it going the way they did last year and the year before, we'll be just fine. But until then, we're going to struggle to score runs. With our pitching, that's not THAT much of an issue, though. But UIC beat us 7-2 and their SUNDAY pitcher kept us in check. 

Should get a good test this weekend with TCU, Baylor, and Houston.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I would love to go, but I can't leave my wife with the 5 kids... I am looking at maybe catching UT at TCU just for the entertainment value.

Understandable. I'll be at the TCU series for sure. Just right around the corner from us. Should be a really good series.

15 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas beat SHSU last night 10-3. That's a good win over a very good team. Strong start to a long week with UTA tomorrow and LSU this weekend.

the best part of tonight's scary win...we were down 3-0 in the bottom of the 5th (the Horns had only 1 hit)...then exploded for the 10 while holding them from from scoring when they had guys in scoring position a couple more times with 1 or no outs.

Texas hasn’t replaced Kody Clemens HR power yet but they are getting a lot of extra -basehits. 

The loss of Hamilton at SS shows up about once a game. While the freshman Reagen is a solid fielder he’s not on the level of Hamilton. 

Hibbeler is struggling mightily at the plate right now. Maybe Pierce will get him some ABs tonight against some lesser pitching to see if he can get going before LSU comes to town. 

The pitching has been good just need to keep tinkering until everyone settles into a role. 

I don’t know if this is CWS team yet but I enjoy watching them play. 

18 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

the best part of tonight's scary win...we were down 3-0 in the bottom of the 5th (the Horns had only 1 hit)...then exploded for the 10 while holding them from from scoring when they had guys in scoring position a couple more times with 1 or no outs.

Yeah they are still working out some wrinkles. I think the bullpen is good, they just gotta polish a couple of spots.There isn't that big bat in the lineup like last year, so this team will need to play some Augie ball.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas beat SHSU last night 10-3. That's a good win over a very good team. Strong start to a long week with UTA tomorrow and LSU this weekend.

Yea, the 5th & 6th innings KILLED the Kats. Otherwise, a good game. 

I'm a Sam alum, but also a Horns fan. So this doesn't sting as much, lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

LSU is good, but you can tell they’re untested and overrated

Remember, these rankings were based on preseason expectations.  We still have several months before we start calling teams under and over rated... you are also only talking about 1 game....

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Remember, these rankings were based on preseason expectations.  We still have several months before we start calling teams under and over rated... you are also only talking about 1 game....

Understood.  They are a good team as I said.  I just think this weekend is their first real test.  I’d say they’re prolly a top10 team.  They may take the next two in Austin for all we know.   Preseason rankings are silly in all sports

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Understood.  They are a good team as I said.  I just think this weekend is their first real test.  I’d say they’re prolly a top10 team.  They may take the next two in Austin for all we know.   Preseason rankings are silly in all sports