⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

An area I thought Texas would struggle this season was scoring runs.  

Min this series Texas answered every time LSU scored. Very impressed with the bats this weekend 

However Texas needs to put in the work in the field. Too many errors to be an elite ball club. 

Great sweep over LSU. Wish it was warmer weather though. All games were sold out but there were a lot of empty seats due to people just not wanting to bear the cold and rain. I was freezing my you know whats off and was miserable. But if I'm going to be out there in the cold, the least they can do is win! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

SHSU walked Nebraska off on Saturday

Lost a 5-4 tough one to Mississippi State on Friday on some base running mistakes 

Weather cancels the game against Tech yesterday in Frisco

I've been pretty "satisfied" with the results over the last week. They need to clean-up the errors on the base path and also figure out what they've got in relief pitching. 

Two games called due to weather was not good. I wish they could've completed that TCU game. 

Coach Deggs is the man. He'll get the Kats to where they need to be. 

Sadly, "running yourself out of innings" has always been an achilles heal with Deggs. It kinda comes with the territory when you have an aggressive coach/style. 

A&M has picked it up, going 3-0 at the Shriner Classic, finally beating TCU, and also beating Baylor and Houston. Runs were still hard to come by, but the pitching saw us through. 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M has picked it up, going 3-0 at the Shriner Classic, finally beating TCU, and also beating Baylor and Houston. Runs were still hard to come by, but the pitching saw us through. 

JF, do you think the Aggies will have to lean on pitching all year?  Idk much about their lineup

Just now, DB2point0 said:

JF, do you think the Aggies will have to lean on pitching all year?  Idk much about their lineup

It's weird. The lineup hasn't produced runs... Partially due to players who produced last year not producing this year. Most people think, "If those guys get it going, which we know they can, our lineup will be fine." And a few of those players are looking better every day. We scored 12 yesterday, but it was against A&M-CC.  So yeah... If the guys who produced last year keep getting better each game, then our lineup will be fine. May not light up the scoreboard, but will get a few runs which is all Doxakis and Lacy need. 

Of course, A&M has had players who struggled hard against the patsies on the schedule but performed well against tougher pitchers in the SEC. Maybe that'll happen to a few of these guys? 

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas loses catcher/1st baseman DJ Petrinsky for the year to a torn labrum. He’s set to have surgery and will apply for a medical hardship. 

Reported by Chip Brown and Joe Cook

Damn. Always hate to hear that. 

A&M lost our Sunday pitcher to a torn UCL. He was doing extremely well. So our Tuesday guy has to fill that role and we'll have someone else take the spot on Tuesdays. 

Texas started a 4 game series with #6 Stanford this evening in Palo Alto.

In game 1, a pitchers duel broke out but the Horns broke through in the top of the 9th and plated 4 runs. Stanford got a ground rule double in the bottom half but that was all and Texas took game 1 4-0.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, oldschool32 said:

Any updates on tonight's games

I listened to it for a while but crashed before it was over. 

Stanford took game 2, 8-1. Texas had 2 errors early that lead to the game getting out of hand. Stanford took a 7-0 lead after 3 and never looked back. 

The worst news is Catcher Michael McCann was injured in the game. With DJ Petrinsky already done for the year that leaves Texas with only a walkon freshman behind the plate. No word yet on the extent of McCanns injury.