⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

Texas’ young pitchers aren’t road ready yet. In their 2 series against top teams on the road the young pitching has been rough. 

But the Horns have played one of the toughest schedules so far and have done very well. Vs LSU, Stanford, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and TCU, the Horns went 8-7. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M last 3 starters this weekend vs Mizzou. Two should return soonish, but the 1B will be out for a while. 

It ####, but I hope we sit them out Tuesday vs Texas. The LSU series is much more important than a Tuesday game. 

Yes I think so too. As much as I want bragging rights over the head to head this year, being as healthy as possible for LSU is more important long term. The injury bug hit A&M hard this weekend. 

21 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yes I think so too. As much as I want bragging rights over the head to head this year, being as healthy as possible for LSU is more important long term. The injury bug hit A&M hard this weekend. 

Missing a 3rd of your starting lineup is tough. Still, I just hope for decent pitching and some good ABs to get ready for LSU. And for Blaum and Hoener to get healthy. H Coleman is out for 4-6 weeks. 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Missing a 3rd of your starting lineup is tough. Still, I just hope for decent pitching and some good ABs to get ready for LSU. And for Blaum and Hoener to get healthy. H Coleman is out for 4-6 weeks. 

This is almost a given against the Texas lineup

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You guys don't understand. We are missing a third of our starting lineup. Two of those guys were in our top 3 batting. We had trouble scoring against Mizzou all weekend once we lost those guys. 

Always hate to see injuries

There’s nothing more stressful in sports to me, than watching baseball when your team is letting a big lead slip by. I thought for sure A&M would find a way to give that one away. But they didn’t....  Nice mid week win and hope to see them finish the week strong with a series win vs LSU. 

From Danny Davis

Catcher Turner Gauntt has rejoined the UT roster and is eligible to play tonight. Gauntt was cut ahead of this season, but he plugs the roster spot opened by Alec Carr's preseason transfer. A redshirt freshman, Gauntt is the son of ex-Longhorn Robert Gauntt.  #HookEm

Texas lost freshman catcher Caston Peter vs Xavier. He had surgery on a finger and will miss 3-5 weeks. 

• Like 1

I forgot the game last night was on FS1 and not LHN, I was hoping to watch on the ESPN app. From tweets it sounded like Texas’ young guys keep making mistakes. 

Meaney has 2 starts this year, 5 innings of scoreless ball vs Arkansas and last night just 2 innings, 6 hits 4 runs. Pierce has thrown the young man to the wolves early. 

The bigger concern for me is Kam Fields, he’s was lights out to begin the season but has really struggled with command his last 3-4 appearances. 

Texaa goes to Waco this weekend but luckily Friday and Saturday games are on tv. 

Anyone see the craziness out of Huntsville this weekend? Doubleheader on Saturday with first pitch of game 2 coming at 10:47 pm. If that wasn't bad enough, game went into a lightning delay at 12:58 am. Game completed at 2:19 am.

Game 1 of the doubleheader was originally scheduled for 3 pm, but was pushed back to 7 pm because of the weather. 

8 hours ago, topher805 said:

Anyone see the craziness out of Huntsville this weekend? Doubleheader on Saturday with first pitch of game 2 coming at 10:47 pm. If that wasn't bad enough, game went into a lightning delay at 12:58 am. Game completed at 2:19 am.

Game 1 of the doubleheader was originally scheduled for 3 pm, but was pushed back to 7 pm because of the weather. 

Yes it was weird. With the unpredictability of storms for Sunday, tried to get them all in. Also, in the decision making probably, the Kats have missed like 5 games already this season due to weather. 

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93013&SPID=11355&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211798708&DB_OEM_ID=19900

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93013&SPID=11355&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211798824&DB_OEM_ID=19900

50 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yes it was weird. With the unpredictability of storms for Sunday, tried to get them all in. Also, in the decision making probably, the Kats have missed like 5 games already this season due to weather. 

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93013&SPID=11355&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211798708&DB_OEM_ID=19900

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93013&SPID=11355&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211798824&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Was wild. The videos of fans doing karaoke at 1 am was great.

Big series with you guys coming to the park this weekend 

LSU baseball has been on a tear since being whooped by Texas.  They have lost a total of 4 games (1 Tuesday game, 1 to A&M and 2 to UGA) since that series.  They appear to be playing some good baseball right now