⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU baseball has been on a tear since being whooped by Texas.  They have lost a total of 4 games (1 Tuesday game, 1 to A&M and 2 to UGA) since that series.  They appear to be playing some good baseball right now

Not gonna lie I’m a little salty about that series this weekend. A&M should have won that Friday game after the great game Doxakis pitched. #### to blow blow a lead late like that on errors. 

18 hours ago, topher805 said:

Was wild. The videos of fans doing karaoke at 1 am was great.

Big series with you guys coming to the park this weekend 

I missed that video. Was it on gobearkats.com? 

Yea, pretty good series this coming weekend. So far, the Kats have won every series in conference. Currenty sit at #1 in the conference at 12-3, and sfa is tied for 3rd at 8-4. 

Hopefully the good guys (Kats) take or sweep the series. Of course, I know you feel differently lol. 

25 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I missed that video. Was it on gobearkats.com? 

Yea, pretty good series this coming weekend. So far, the Kats have won every series in conference. Currenty sit at #1 in the conference at 12-3, and sfa is tied for 3rd at 8-4. 

Hopefully the good guys (Kats) take or sweep the series. Of course, I know you feel differently lol. 

It was on Twitter. Don't remember the original post, but the SID retweeted it. 

Our soft start to conference play has come back to bite us. I would love a sweep, but I don't see it happening. As long as we take the series, we are in good shape for a good seed going into Sugarland...

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

It was on Twitter. Don't remember the original post, but the SID retweeted it. 

Our soft start to conference play has come back to bite us. I would love a sweep, but I don't see it happening. As long as we take the series, we are in good shape for a good seed going into Sugarland...

Ah, ok. I'm not on Twitter. 

Yea...I'm hoping the fellow SLC members have luck in winning all out of conference games...especially against ranked opponents. Will help their RPI, and in turn help when Sam beats them lol. 

In case Sam doesn't fair well in Sugarland, they'll hopefully get an at-large bid with their RPI. (currently at 46)

I'm predicting Sam takes the series with the jacks, 2-1. 

22 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU baseball has been on a tear since being whooped by Texas.  They have lost a total of 4 games (1 Tuesday game, 1 to A&M and 2 to UGA) since that series.  They appear to be playing some good baseball right now

You jinxed them. 

Texas dropped their home series to Kansas St. Shut out today 2-0. 

I feel like this is a gut check time for Texas. The pitching has been doing a good job and defense has improved dramatically. Texas hasn’t been able to get hits with runners on base. 

15 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas has gone from hosting a regional to possibly not making one at this rate. I hope its just a mid season lull and they can get out of it quickly.

yep, they should make one...but they'll be in with another big boy and it's gonna be dang tough to get out!

On 4/14/2019 at 7:57 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Texas dropped their home series to Kansas St. Shut out today 2-0. 

I feel like this is a gut check time for Texas. The pitching has been doing a good job and defense has improved dramatically. Texas hasn’t been able to get hits with runners on base. 

Same thing for LSU... 2-3 nice series wins in a row then got beat down by Missouri this past weekend

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Same thing for LSU... 2-3 nice series wins in a row then got beat down by Missouri this past weekend

Missouri is playing good ball. They gave A&M fits as well. They aren’t near as talented as some of the upper sec teams, but they are a scrappy bunch. 

Per WholeHogSports: 

Last spring, @BaseballAmerica voted Baum-Walker Stadium the No. 1 college park. Arkansas' home field might be the toughest park on visitors, too.

The Razorbacks continued an impressive 100-game stretch at Baum with a sweep of No. 2 Mississippi State.

https://t.co/CpjrGKAGgE

Noland looked good today. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Per WholeHogSports: 

Last spring, @BaseballAmerica voted Baum-Walker Stadium the No. 1 college park. Arkansas' home field might be the toughest park on visitors, too.

The Razorbacks continued an impressive 100-game stretch at Baum with a sweep of No. 2 Mississippi State.

https://t.co/CpjrGKAGgE

Noland looked good today. 

The SEC is just scary good in baseball... we can argue strongest conference all day long in football... but top to bottom the SEC is untouchable in baseball

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 8:42 AM, MavGrad99 said:

The SEC is just scary good in baseball... we can argue strongest conference all day long in football... but top to bottom the SEC is untouchable in baseball

We are a few hours away from one of my most anticipated weekends of the year, Arkansas vs. LSU in baseball.

Even though the odds are usually stacked against my Razorbacks, I have faith this year.

I'm not predicting a sweep, but as long as we can avoid the black cats and the opossum's this year, I think we can win this series.

• 2 weeks later...

A&M just had the most dominate pitching performances in sec tournament history wasted...

A&Ms starting pitchers for the last two games took no hitters through 8, only to lose 2-0 and 1-0 because they can’t hit and Childress obsession with using the pen in a traditional manner. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team lose back to back games where the starters pitched 8 shutout/hitless innings and still lose both games. Madness.... 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, topher805 said:

#6 SFA beats #3 SLU 5-0 to open the Southland Conference Tournament. Will face the winner of the #7 Northwestern State/#2 Central Arkansas game tomorrow

Yep. Sam was upset by AMCC yesterday 2-1. Now in loser's bracket and have uphill battle to have any chance if winning the tourney. 

Maybe the Kats will get afew wins put together, and the Kats & jacks will play each other. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Yep. Sam was upset by AMCC yesterday 2-1. Now in loser's bracket and have uphill battle to have any chance if winning the tourney. 

Maybe the Kats will get afew wins put together, and the Kats & jacks will play each other. 

SFA went ace first yesterday with Palmer throwing a CG shutout. Tough matchup against UCA coming up...I was shocked Sam lost. I figured they were going to roll through the SLC tourney

40 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Just went to check the Southland website for some info about the SFA game and just saw where UIW has eliminated Sam from the tournament with a walk off single. Final score of 3-2

44 minutes ago, topher805 said:

SFA went ace first yesterday with Palmer throwing a CG shutout. Tough matchup against UCA coming up...I was shocked Sam lost. I figured they were going to roll through the SLC tourney

Yep, I just saw that. They have played like 💩 lately, and it followed them into the SLC Tournament. Very inconsistent. Hitting & pitching never seemed to click at the same time. These two tourney games they got great pitching performances, and the hitting let them down. 

Oh well...EAT 'EM UP KATS!! 

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

Yep, I just saw that. They have played like 💩 lately, and it followed them into the SLC Tournament. Very inconsistent. Hitting & pitching never seemed to click at the same time. These two tourney games they got great pitching performances, and the hitting let them down. 

Oh well...EAT 'EM UP KATS!! 

Hate to admit it, but this loss really #### for the Southland. Sam definitely the marquee team in baseball, and them not making the tournament hurts the conference perception a little bit. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, WETSU said:

A&M just had the most dominate pitching performances in sec tournament history wasted...

A&Ms starting pitchers for the last two games took no hitters through 8, only to lose 2-0 and 1-0 because they can’t hit and Childress obsession with using the pen in a traditional manner. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team lose back to back games where the starters pitched 8 shutout/hitless innings and still lose both games. Madness.... 

Do you think A&M will host?