Mount Enterprise

ericflair

3 hours ago, ericflair said:

Can they not compete with Cushing? 

Yes but I think they are expecting more. Making the playoffs shouldn't be the highlight of the season especially in this District.

I hope Mount gets a good coach . You can win there and expectations aren't very high. Competitive is the goal 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:44 AM, playactionpass39 said:

There is a current area Head Football Coach that wants this job BAD.

And he would be the best possible hire ME could make.

Why would somebody that is already a head coach want to leave to go to 2A division 2 Mount Enterprise???

2 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Why would somebody that is already a head coach want to leave to go to 2A division 2 Mount Enterprise???

I guess you would have to ask him. That will probably be one of the interview questions if they bring him in.

The only thing i know is he is a heck of a coach and has worked miracles where he is.  

9 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The board should not be making any hire in a district except for the superintendent....if they are its probably a dysfunctional district

In the real world if the Supt doesn’t hire the coach they want then the Supt can expect a rough relationship in the boardroom. It’s a delicate situation and the best programs are in unison from the Supt to the Board to the Athletic Director

On 1/29/2019 at 3:45 PM, MountCountry said:

Board hires.  Not the superintendent. My advice is dont buy a house if you get it.

Wow ... I though Board set policy and Sup made recommendations, especially concerning personnel issues ... if he's not, then why are they paying him a salary in the mid-90s?  The word dysfunctional is probably WAY too kind here.

Scenario #1.....Coach “A” applies for the job and has community ties or the majority  of the board want him. Coach “B” applies for the job and the Supt wants him but not many others agree. If Coach “B” gets hired then either the Supt will get run out of town or there will be a huge turnover on the next board election. This is typical snall town politics...... Supt has the ultimate power but the board can refuse any recommendation he brings to them and thus complicating the new hire and hurting the overall progress of the program...... Not a fun situation if all parties are not on the same page

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Scenario #1.....Coach “A” applies for the job and has community ties or the majority  of the board want him. Coach “B” applies for the job and the Supt wants him but not many others agree. If Coach “B” gets hired then either the Supt will get run out of town or there will be a huge turnover on the next board election. This is typical snall town politics...... Supt has the ultimate power but the board can refuse any recommendation he brings to them and thus complicating the new hire and hurting the overall progress of the program...... Not a fun situation if all parties are not on the same page

Just curious, what happened to "doing what is best for kids?"