⚾️ 2019 BASEBALL: District 22-2A | Region 3

StingEmALTO

District 22-2A Area Results:

W23 Shelbyville (18-4) VS R22 Alto (13-11)

• Game 1:  Shelbyville 2 - Alto 1
  • Game 2:  Shelbyville 2 - Alto 1
  • Shelbyville advances

F23 Gary (13-10) Vs T22 Cushing (11-8)

• Game 1:  Cushing 1 - Gary 0
  • Game 2:  Cushing 8 - Gary 2
  • Cushing advances

W22 Douglass (19-2) VS R23 Garrison (20-8)

• Game 1:  Garrison 12 - Douglass 1
  • Game 2:  Douglass 4 - Garrison 3
  • Game 3:  Garrison 7 - Douglass 5
  • Garrison advances 
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HulaKat said:

I thought I was seeing a typo when I looked online and seen that 2-1, 2-1 between Shelbyville and Alto.  Great pitching and defense.

Two very good games that we actually had a shot at winning. An error here and there (Shelbyville didn’t have an earned run in either game! 🙄), and some of our big sticks not producing was the difference in those games. But that’s baseball. Not taking anything away from the Dragons at all; they are a solid, talented team! Shelbyville’s last loss, ironically is vs. Alto back on Texas Independence Day! Lol We ended 13-13 which was indicative of our entire season. We had moments of great ball where we could play with anybody and then other times not so much. Just not very consistent. We have a lot to build on though with only one graduating senior and some strong kids from JV and the 8th grade that will contribute. 

All the best to Cushing. Y’all got hot at the right time and it’s a pretty dang good bracket that proved favorable for the Bearkats. Good luck vs. Shelbyville!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fergton said:

Shelbyville 15 Cushing 1 Final 5 innings 

It wasn’t pretty, for sure.  Cushing’s coach decided to go with bottom tier pitchers instead of one of the top three.   Should be a better game today.   

34 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

It wasn’t pretty, for sure.  Cushing’s coach decided to go with bottom tier pitchers instead of one of the top three.   Should be a better game today.   

I kinda could see what he had in mind by not pitching his ace but not his top 3 pitchers in a 3 game series. Didn't know that.

33 minutes ago, fergton said:

I kinda could see what he had in mind by not pitching his ace but not his top 3 pitchers in a 3 game series. Didn't know that.

Yea, the pitcher who started off is a freshman and probably has pitched about 5 innings the whole year.  The other three pitchers that came in has about the same pitching time on the mound.  The short stop,  Center-Field, catcher and first base have pitched most of the games, although the tall first baseman will not be pitching due to fluid on the elbow... hasn’t pitched any during the playoffs.

just wasn’t pitching, though.  Cushing had some mental lapses and several errors.

Bottom part of lineup hitting and the top half striking out.

Hope to see a better game today for this level of the playoffs, but these are young guys and it’s hard to judge what’s gonna happen.

only losing 2 seniors with a lot of JV coming up.  Should be good for a while.

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Lefty. Parker maybe. Only threw 70ish pitches according to the scoreboard. 

Yes I’m pretty sure that was Parker. I noticed Ferguson did not pitch in the Alto series. Is he still with the team, or did he enroll early at UH? 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Yes I’m pretty sure that was Parker. I noticed Ferguson did not pitch in the Alto series. Is he still with the team, or did he enroll early at UH? 

He was gonna laying short stop yesterday.  Looked good except for one errant throw to first.

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Parker did start and threw 75 pitches; another big white kid threw the 5th.

With 2 outs and count 1-2... man on 2nd and 3rd, Cushing hits a hot one to Short... where one hops and goes over shorts head...  man third comes in and man on 2nd rounds third... play at the plate was just in time but catcher can’t hang on to the ball.

3-2 Cushing and we are going to game 3