My Way-To-Early 3A DI Top 25 Rankings

Yoe09

1. Grandview - 15 all-district players return from a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Team.

2. Malakoff - 10 all-district players return from a State Finalist Team.

3. Cameron Yoe - 14 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

4. Gladewater - 7 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

5. East Chambers - 8 all-district players return from a State Quarterfinalist Team.

6. Franklin - 11 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

7. Atlanta - 10 all-district players return from a State Quarterfinalist Team.

8. Brock - 5 all-district players return from a State Semifinalist Team.

9. Goliad - 11 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

10. Yoakum - 3 all-district players return from a State Semifinalist Team.

11. Edna - 13 all-district players return from a State Quarterfinalist Team.

12. Wall - 9 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

13. Diboll - 7 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

14. Troy - 16 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

15. Jim Ned - 12 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

16. Eastland - 8 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

17. Jefferson - 10 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

18. Rockdale - 5 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.

19. Shallowater - 2 all-district players return from a State Quarterfinalist Team.

20. Denver City - 13 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

21. Woodville - 9 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

22. Bushland - 7 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

23. Columbus - 9 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.

24. George West - 11 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.  

25. Marion - 17 all-district players return from a Area Finalist Team.

Others

Tatum - 5 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.  

Whitney - 8 starters return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.

Teague - 6 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team

West Rusk - 5 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.  

Whitesboro - 8 all-district players return from a Bi-District Finalist Team.

Mt. Vernon - 5 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

Altair Rice - 8 all-district players return from a Regional Semifinalist Team.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Someone in Franklin doesn't agree they should be ranked so high...

Quite possibly not.  But, they are as consistent as they come and arguably gave GV their toughest game en route to the championship.  They do lose good talent.  EC loses some of their non-skill people, but return some of their top performers from last year's team.  Troy should be better, as could Diboll and Rockdale (depending on line play).  I expect Cameron to be a more complete football team in 2019.  Region III in general should be stronger, while region I and IV could be a little down.  

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Quite possibly not.  But, they are as consistent as they come and arguably gave GV their toughest game en route to the championship.  They do lose good talent.  EC loses some of their non-skill people, but return some of their top performers from last year's team.  Troy should be better, as could Diboll and Rockdale (depending on line play).  I expect Cameron to be a more complete football team in 2019.  Region III in general should be stronger, while region I and IV could be a little down.  

It still all comes down to coaching in Cameron.  The East Chambers game was just another indicator of what's to come for 2019.   I just don't see a top five ranking for this team.  

09 can you elaborate a little more about your thoughts on this Yoemen team being more complete for 2019.   

• Like 1

Grandview will have its first string tailback

returning, Treymayne Gullatte, who was

out most of the year knee injury. Both he

and and Golden (his replacement) go

6ft 200 but Gullatte has much more speed.

New HC Ebner told me he would get both

in same backfield. Golden ended up

with around 1450 yds rushing for season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

It still all comes down to coaching in Cameron.  The East Chambers game was just another indicator of what's to come for 2019.   I just don't see a top five ranking for this team.  

09 can you elaborate a little more about your thoughts on this Yoemen team being more complete for 2019.   

With the pieces that are returning - including the starting QB/RB - and the talent  at the sub-varsity level, this leads me to believe we SHOULD see an improved product in 2019.  Will this be the Cameron of 2010 or 2012-2014....probably not.  There are some big losses, but almost all teams (besides Grandview) have to deal with that.  Since 2010, Cameron has deserved to lose games.  Daingerifled (2010, Tatum (2011) and  Malakoff (2016) are playoff games that Cameron played well enough to win but simply lost the game and deserved to lose.  This last one to East Chambers was a head-scratcher.  

To me, Cameron collectively has more talent in the 7th/8th grade classes right now, but there is enough there now to win.  To me, the difference is going to be line play on each side of the ball.  It starts and ends there and that is where Cameron is going to rely on some new faces.    That will probably be the difference in top 10-15 or top 5.  There will be a few teams here that will be a disappointment come December and there are going to be a few that really surprise.  Back before the start of the 2017 season, I was the only one that did not have Cameron preseason number one, and that team was not even top 40 by the end of the year.  

• Like 1

With an undefeated JV loaded with talent and the kids Gladewater has returning it should be another fun year. Region 2 belongs to Malakoff right now but our young men gained some valuable experience this season and I expect them to make it difficult for any team they face. There were freshmen and sophomores scattered all over the varsity team and a few that didn’t make their debuts until the playoffs.  Looking forward to another fun season!

P.S. Tatum all of your cupcakes are a year older now. Gotta come up with a new nickname 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, Yoe09 said:

With the pieces that are returning - including the starting QB/RB - and the talent  at the sub-varsity level, this leads me to believe we SHOULD see an improved product in 2019.  Will this be the Cameron of 2010 or 2012-2014....probably not.  There are some big losses, but almost all teams (besides Grandview) have to deal with that.  Since 2010, Cameron has deserved to lose games.  Daingerifled (2010, Tatum (2011) and  Malakoff (2016) are playoff games that Cameron played well enough to win but simply lost the game and deserved to lose.  This last one to East Chambers was a head-scratcher.  

To me, Cameron collectively has more talent in the 7th/8th grade classes right now, but there is enough there now to win.  To me, the difference is going to be line play on each side of the ball.  It starts and ends there and that is where Cameron is going to rely on some new faces.    That will probably be the difference in top 10-15 or top 5.  There will be a few teams here that will be a disappointment come December and there are going to be a few that really surprise.  Back before the start of the 2017 season, I was the only one that did not have Cameron preseason number one, and that team was not even top 40 by the end of the year.  

Yeah, the subvarsity looked really good, so hopefully any of those who come up will at least maintain the level of achievement, if not improve it. Line play and kickoff coverage have to improve. Period.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:40 PM, yoenation79 said:

Hey 09 is probably right on the top five ranking. Cameron has one of the highest enrollments in high school within D1 AAA, probably be a D2 AAAA  enrollment by next fall. They will lose a non district contest fall in the rankings a bit, then  stomp their way through a weak district  and advance within the playoffs until they meet EC or Grandview then their trouble starts.

One question mark about Cameron next fall is will they play together as a team, they have a lot of big egos returning and will  one football be enough to go around and  can they all get the praise and glory they want. Plus they lost a stud WR and DL to graduation.  Also lost some decent linebackers and DB, on a already questionable defense.

With all that being said after all the smoke clears they are a top 10 team for sure. But if they slip up and let Miller and the R-Dale Tigers beat them, they could get crazy in Cameron. The home town  Sup is out and a new one will be in by this spring.

Grandview and Malakoff are the most sure thing for the top 2 as death and taxes are in life.  As far as the Yoemen go in 2019 they are not a top 3 team. Top 10 is a possibility.  There are too many question marks on both sides of the ball.

1. Offensive line 2. A dominate wide receiver 3. A reliable running back that can come in and relieve Vargas (possibility Vargas may not be playing for the Yoemen are even enrolled in Cameron for his senior year)

1. Linebackers (Vargas if he is enrolled will be needed here or some playing time somewhere on defense for the Yoemen to be successful) 2. Defensive backs(Secondary help period)

Let's hope the Yoemen keep the OC around because there was improvement in line play in 2018.   He was the bright spot on that coaching staff.  There needs to be better communications between the coaches up in the press box and the coaches on the field.  The East Chambers game is a prime example of the poorest communication between the coaches I and many fans have witnessed.  There are just too many errors made that should have never happened or plays that could have been advantageous for the Yoemen during the process of that game.  That game should have never got to overtime.

Hopefully the school board and their hiring commitee will bring in a superintendent that has no agenda and will be open minded about this atheletic department.

Guest Tiger03lb

Imo, the poll is good. I'd move around some teams for the order of rankings, I would've moved Tatum into it the mix. GV should be good but you never know how kids react with a different head coach. Yoe is a top ten team more of 9/10. I'd take Yoakum out of the top 10 and move in Edna. Franklin and Brock I'm not sure how they will be this up coming year. But I can't wait for week 4 for the rematch against GV. 

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, maxjean said:

not in my book if you dont have a power running attack it will be hard to beat crockett this year.

Did you guys get a new DC or someone take over? I know the offense can score but the Defense was lacking last year

3 hours ago, maxjean said:

not in my book if you dont have a power running attack it will be hard to beat crockett this year.

Unless Crockett starts playing more defense they are not going’ to be in the mix.

Grandview will have 2 big RBs next year that can pound the rock in Region 3