Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

Should be interesting!! Especially announcing this late.

To be clear he won’t officially be done until June 1st.

New interim super from Katy ISD, passed a bond and has spent money on the program should be fun to see what he does with this posting .

31 minutes ago, birddog7987 said:

I was hearing the son as well

Was curious if this was voluntary or if he was “asked” to resign

His son has been the speculation since he returned from Justin NW...I would assume this is on his terms since he is staying through June 1st. He was asked to come out of retirement to take this job in the first place.

• Like 1

I won’t pretend to know the situation in Nac. 

We haven’t been in a district with them since 2010 before last season.  And it was a rough night on Nac when we played.  

Seems like they would want to take a new direction.  Why hire within....when the program appears to be struggling under this staff?

Wipe the slate clean. Start anew. 

Maybe im missing something.  Enlighten me. 

25 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I won’t pretend to know the situation in Nac. 

We haven’t been in a district with them since 2010 before last season.  And it was a rough night on Nac when we played.  

Seems like they would want to take a new direction.  Why hire within....when the program appears to be struggling under this staff?

Wipe the slate clean. Start anew. 

Maybe im missing something.  Enlighten me. 

Not saying it would go that direction, just the speculation in town is that the son slides into the spot. 

Scenario is changed a bit because most here thought Big Reyes would resign from HC and stay AD. With him leaving both the AD will probably want his or her own coach. 

I wouldn’t mind a completely different group and system. We are fairly predictable on offense, but Reyes has had more success here than anyone else in the last 25 years. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Not saying it would go that direction, just the speculation in town is that the son slides into the spot. 

Scenario is changed a bit because most here thought Big Reyes would resign from HC and stay AD. With him leaving both the AD will probably want his or her own coach. 

I wouldn’t mind a completely different group and system. We are fairly predictable on offense, but Reyes has had more success here than anyone else in the last 25 years. 

Hope we start all the way over.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

A coach that could win in Nac would be a hot commodity.

I would think the right coach could do really well at Nac. Other than maybe Marshall (and who knows about them with another coaching change) there are no real powers in the district. Seems like 6-4 or 7-3 is not an unrealistic expectation. I always enjoyed the Nac-Hendo games. Hope they play again soon.

18 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

His son? Or is he still there?

The son will not be the next coach at NAC.

The big question is, do they split the jobs again? Will the AD and HFC be separate in NAC again? 

Will the Interim Superintendent make a "splash" with this hire?

IMO, this need to be a hire that knows the kids and situation in NAC, but is not so connected to the community that he can be controlled by a certain group.

This hire has to be an "ALL SPORT" guy if NAC is ever going to win in football for a sustained amount of time. You have to share athletes in NAC.

The best hire is the former Tyler Lee OC that came to NAC three years ago and stayed one season. He has the experience of knowing the kids in NAC, understanding the situation and he is a brilliant offensive mind.

31 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The son will not be the next coach at NAC.

The big question is, do they split the jobs again? Will the AD and HFC be separate in NAC again? 

Will the Interim Superintendent make a "splash" with this hire?

IMO, this need to be a hire that knows the kids and situation in NAC, but is not so connected to the community that he can be controlled by a certain group.

This hire has to be an "ALL SPORT" guy if NAC is ever going to win in football for a sustained amount of time. You have to share athletes in NAC.

The best hire is the former Tyler Lee OC that came to NAC three years ago and stayed one season. He has the experience of knowing the kids in NAC, understanding the situation and he is a brilliant offensive mind.

Cant place who that is.  Where is he now?

47 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Run Game Coordinator/ Offensive Line coach at Marshall.

He was a good hire that wasn’t allowed to do much here. I am not sure you could get him back after the way things went.

i will say if son doesn’t get the job I bet he leaves as well.

11 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

He was a good hire that wasn’t allowed to do much here. I am not sure you could get him back after the way things went.

i will say if son doesn’t get the job I bet he leaves as well.

Oh, I'm 100% sure he leaves if he does not get the job. That's a given.

I think you could lure him back from Marshall.

Do they split the AD/HFC jobs?

42 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Oh, I'm 100% sure he leaves if he does not get the job. That's a given.

I think you could lure him back from Marshall.

Do they split the AD/HFC jobs?

I think is hard to tell if they spilt it or not, only one possible internal candidate for AD. Current girls coordinator, that’s if they are interested. I think to attract a good candidate it needs to be AD/HC. I do think that if they were going to promote OC,Bobby stays on as AD at least long enough to give him the job.i am curious to hear names for HC as they start coming in.

4 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I think is hard to tell if they spilt it or not, only one possible internal candidate for AD. Current girls coordinator, that’s if they are interested. I think to attract a good candidate it needs to be AD/HC. I do think that if they were going to promote OC,Bobby stays on as AD at least long enough to give him the job.i am curious to hear names for HC as they start coming in.

The list of names will be interesting.

But, anybody who knows NAC, knows that outsiders are rarely received with open arms.

IMHO, if you are going to take real advantage of the talent that is there now and win now, then somebody that has been there recently would have a huge advantage.

7 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The list of names will be interesting.

But, anybody who knows NAC, knows that outsiders are rarely received with open arms.

IMHO, if you are going to take real advantage of the talent that is there now and win now, then somebody that has been there recently would have a huge advantage.

With the AD changes, Superindendant changing and the school board cycling maybe this could be a NEW Nac:) 

So much talent here not all of it comes out for athletics. I don’t think it has to be an insider, in fact it might be better to have a complete change at the top but retain as many assistants as possible for continuity that way.

Not an insider, just somebody that knows the lay of the land. I think the guy I am talking about brings the best of both worlds.

He has great character, leadership skills, and just enough experience in NAC to know how to navigate the minefield. He also has great connections and will bring in a quality staff and keep just enough of the current staff to make the transition smooth and easy.

Ask the Head Baseball Coach who he wants to hire.