Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Agree.  And it's different for different schools.  And it's usually a multifaceted problem.  But there is usually one GLARING problem.

IMHO......

Nac is in the shadow of SFA.... that probably hurts them more than anything.

PT is in the shadow of another team within their own city.

MP failed their changing demographics dating back to the late 90's and early 2000's.

Very much in SFA’s shadow. But even SFA’s football success has been very limited.who knows the word is that the OC which is Reyes son will inherit the Job. If that’s the case then most of the staff will likely remain in tact. That’s another thing that no one is bringing up the staff never stays the same for more then two or three years.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, playactionpass39 said:

Breaking News........

Let the speculation begin.

I'm going to say a recent former Offensive Coordinator has the inside track.

I’m going to say former Cushing bossman Mike Thomas takes the reigns in Nac. I mean this one is pretty much a no brainer fellas.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mavchamp said:

I’m not going to trash Nac.  

But there seems to be a systemic problem there. 

They’ve had big hires.  And they always seem to have the same results. 

IMHO.... the problem isn’t coaching or lack of talent.

Nac just isn’t a football community. They don’t support the program.....  they don’t attend games at home. And I’ve been to two of their playoff games (Texas high and Vs Marshall) and their crowd was embarrassingly small for both. 

District seems tight fisted with money for the program  

Sounds like a tough situation.  But if given the right person, enough patience, and some grassroots effort.... why not?

But history is definitely against them. 

Wish them the best.  Except that one week.... 😂

Muchos hombres muy chiquita estas bien para futbol, no futbol Americana

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Oh but you do have a Multi-School District, just not in name. When you lose as many kids that physically live in NAC to Central Heights and other surrounding small schools, then you in essence have a multi-school district. There is really very little civic pride in NAC where the High School is concerned. All of the Civic Pride is aimed at the College.

Winning will help, that is for sure, but I'm not a 100% sure that even winning will solve the apathy problem in NAC.

I do know that the best candidate is down the road in Marshall just waiting to hear his name called to come in and get the Culture Change started. 

I can see what you are saying about multi-school districts, but alot of schools have to deal with that like Lufkin, and all the schools in Tyler, Longview, and Texarkana. Besides, the kids they are losing to Central Heights ain't playing football anyway.

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Agree.  And it's different for different schools.  And it's usually a multifaceted problem.  But there is usually one GLARING problem.

IMHO......

PT is in the shadow of another team within their own city.

MP failed their changing demographics dating back to the late 90's and early 2000's.

in my opinion, being near SFA should help them. Huntsville had a good team, and both of the schools in College Station do well. If anything being near SFA should help them. It gives the kids better access to a college program and all the bonuses that come with that.  

Nac hasn't hired the right coach. Reyes wasn't terrible, but he basically only made Nac average...which was an improvement. He did leave the program in better shape than when he took over, which is a plus if they find the right guy for the job.

by the way, demographic changes are hitting everyone, but some schools still have enough to overcome it.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mavchamp said:

This is it exactly, it hurts the income for NISD because the university owns all the land in town.

It hurts booster support, all the sponsorship money that in most places goes to the High school goes to SFA here. Then you have the attendance, anything at SFA takes away the chance of bigger crowds.

White flight has hurt as well with people leaving NISD for CH, Woden, Martinsville,  Douglas. 

7 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

This is it exactly, it hurts the income for NISD because the university owns all the land in town.

It hurts booster support, all the sponsorship money that in most places goes to the High school goes to SFA here. Then you have the attendance, anything at SFA takes away the chance of bigger crowds.

White flight has hurt as well with people leaving NISD for CH, Woden, Martinsville,  Douglas. 

Surely those schools aren’t hurting Nac athletics.  Not many of those ‘White Flight’ children at CH, Woden, Martinsville, or Douglas could play 5A football or basketball....

11 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Surely those schools aren’t hurting Nac athletics.  Not many of those ‘White Flight’ children at CH, Woden, Martinsville, or Douglas could play 5A football or basketball....

I Absolutely believe they are effecting athletics. Those schools are taking athletes that have won state titles and been drafted into all sports. Those schools don’t have football but you can bet some of those kids would play football, basketball,  volleyball and baseball/softball if they stayed NISD. 

White flight was the easiest term but not just white kids leaving nisd for the smaller towns. 

48 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I Absolutely believe they are effecting athletics. Those schools are taking athletes that have won state titles and been drafted into all sports. Those schools don’t have football but you can bet some of those kids would play football, basketball,  volleyball and baseball/softball if they stayed NISD. 

White flight was the easiest term but not just white kids leaving nisd for the smaller towns. 

So y’all aren’t good because the kids that play baseball and basketball in surrounding towns are what’s hurting y’alls program?   

Not sure I get it. Nacogdoches basketball seems to be just fine.  

7 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

So y’all aren’t good because the kids that play baseball and basketball in surrounding towns are what’s hurting y’alls program?   

Not sure I get it. Nacogdoches basketball seems to be just fine.  

I didn’t say that’s the reason why we aren’t good. Losing top level atheletes to other programs hurts it doesn’t matter what sport they left for. Most of the athletes are leaving at an early age so they never make it to the football program. 

It’s all contributing factors, there isn’t just one reason for any of it. 

Nac’s basketball has been up and down the last 5 years or so.

Let’s say  Centers starting QB left to go to Gary to Play baseball because they have a good baseball program, that wouldn’t hurt your football program?? That’s a little over dramatic because these students aren’t leaving once they get to highschool they are leaving before they get there.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I don’t think you’re losing many football players to those schools. 

• LOL! 1

39 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

So a few rumors for AD/HC, won’t put names to it since most still work other places. 5 different people so far

-North East Texas Small school HC

-East Texas Oline Coach

-East Texas Small School HC

-Dallas Area DC

-Current Nac OC

42 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I didn’t say that’s the reason why we aren’t good. Losing top level atheletes to other programs hurts it doesn’t matter what sport they left for. Most of the athletes are leaving at an early age so they never make it to the football program. 

It’s all contributing factors, there isn’t just one reason for any of it. 

Nac’s basketball has been up and down the last 5 years or so.

Let’s say  Centers starting QB left to go to Gary to Play baseball because they have a good baseball program, that wouldn’t hurt your football program?? That’s a little over dramatic because these students aren’t leaving once they get to highschool they are leaving before they get there.

I heard X’s & O’s aren’t Nac’s issues.  Didn’t the superintendent or principal quit a few weeks before school began? 

42 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

So a few rumors for AD/HC, won’t put names to it since most still work other places. 5 different people so far

-North East Texas Small school HC

-East Texas Oline Coach

-East Texas Small School HC

-Dallas Area DC

-Current Nac OC

The guy you are calling an "East Texas Oline Coach" is much more than that. He has been either a Run Game Coordinator or an Offensive Coordinator at the  5A or 6A level for the past 5 years. He is probably the most knowledgeable and capable of all of these candidates. I know he is a heck of a lot better candidate than the current OC and he is much better prepared to handle intricate  details of being the leader of the NAC program than any small school head coach. He is a leader of men and will be a great leader of  the program. He is a total program guy.

18 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

I heard X’s & O’s aren’t Nac’s issues.  Didn’t the superintendent or principal quit a few weeks before school began? 

Yes but that was a good thing she wasn’t good!! Her and the principle left together and they needed to go.

We have a great interim super that has done good things 

Xs and Os are far from the problem.:)

11 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The guy you are calling an "East Texas Oline Coach" is much more than that. He has been either a Run Game Coordinator or an Offensive Coordinator at the  5A or 6A level for the past 5 years. He is probably the most knowledgeable and capable of all of these candidates. I know he is a heck of a lot better candidate than the current OC and he is much better prepared to handle intricate  details of being the leader of the NAC program than any small school head coach. He is a leader of men and will be a great leader of  the program. He is a total program guy.

Not taking sides and not disputing what he does. All of that would have been too Much  to type in his description.

dont have to sell me on the guy, he should have been allowed to be more involved his first time here.

11 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Not taking sides and not disputing what he does. All of that would have been too Much  to type in his description.

dont have to sell me on the guy, he should have been allowed to be more involved his first time here.

The OC in Marshall parlayed that offense into the HC/AD job and rightfully so.

But, if you watch them play, you see the "Run Game Coordinators" thumb print all over that offense. He is a dynamic leader and a brilliant offensive mind. He was woefully underutilized in NAC, but he was still able to show the kids and community his leadership skills and strong personality. He is a perfect fit. 

12 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The OC in Marshall parlayed that offense into the HC/AD job and rightfully so.

But, if you watch them play, you see the "Run Game Coordinators" thumb print all over that offense. He is a dynamic leader and a brilliant offensive mind. He was woefully underutilized in NAC, but he was still able to show the kids and community his leadership skills and strong personality. He is a perfect fit. 

If ur not his agent, you might need to be:)

• Like 1