Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

That is the smart move, especially if there is going to be a major overhaul in expectations and how things are done.

Depending on their move could be a complete clean house and having to hire a new staff. 

7 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Depending on their move could be a complete clean house and having to hire a new staff. 

Not sure an almost complete house cleaning is not needed. There are a couple of coaches on staff that can help going forward, but for the most part, the kids need to hear a new voice and a new message.

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not sure an almost complete house cleaning is not needed. There are a couple of coaches on staff that can help going forward, but for the most part, the kids need to hear a new voice and a new message.

Agree with you, but every coach has his own vision.

15 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

It’s not like it didn’t happen before we didn’t hire Harper till July after Caniford left and he left right before spring ball. Harper only retained one Varsity coach. That year we missed the playoffs by one game it all depends on who the coach is and the staff.

23 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

It’s not like it didn’t happen before we didn’t hire Harper till July after Caniford left and he left right before spring ball. Harper only retained one Varsity coach. That year we missed the playoffs by one game it all depends on who the coach is and the staff.

15 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

How quickly will this decision be made?

Would the Run Game Coordinator from Marshall (former NAC OC) qualify as a quality/appropriate hire?

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Would the Run Game Coordinator from Marshall (former NAC OC) qualify as a quality/appropriate hire?

Only time line I have heard is soon so they can have spring ball. 

I am not the one making the decision and the interview will have something to do with who gets it. I would say he is “appropriate” but who is the say what the decision makers are looking for.

6 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Only time line I have heard is soon so they can have spring ball. 

I am not the one making the decision and the interview will have something to do with who gets it. I would say he is “appropriate” but who is the say what the decision makers are looking for.

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Wait a min what year was he as OC ??? The only OC I know was Reyes son and then when he left the dad called plays.

The Marshall candidate  I believe ya'll to be talking about.......accepted the OC position from Coach Greidl fro what I hear.

Obviously he would make more money being the HC at Nac than he would being an OC at Marshall.

BUT..... other than more money....... is that enough to lure a person out of what could be something pretty special where he's at now?

A candidate has to look and see that Nac has had some outstanding hires through the years.....and the results have basically been the same across the board.  

Could be an interesting spring.

11 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Wait a min what year was he as OC ??? The only OC I know was Reyes son and then when he left the dad called plays.

He was the OC the year junior was at Justin Northwest.

Please keep up. It has been said on here before that he was brought in to diversify the Offense (along with another coach) and were not allowed to make those changes. 

I think, underutilized was the term that was used, and left after one season.

17 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Please keep up. It has been said on here before that he was brought in to diversify the Offense (along with another coach) and were not allowed to make those changes. 

Easy there it’s not my fault I don’t remember him    He went through a new staff like every year.

4 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Easy there it’s not my fault I don’t remember him    He went through a new staff like every year.

4 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Like I said I think they need someone who has no prior ties to Nacogdoches at all.

I think a little PRIOR KNOWLEDGE is paramount for success. NAC is a different place, and if you don't know all the pieced on the chess board then you can be led down the wrong path. 

I wasn't blasting you, I understand what you are saying about constant turnover.

35 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm.......I’m sensing a little something.  I’m thinking, one of the guys you are referring to, is YOU!  

4 minutes ago, HESALIVE said:

I’m not talking about him.  I’m talking about (along with another coach).   

I think the point is that the previous HFC had a tendency to bring in coaches under the premise that they would have input into the offense. When in fact, that was not the case. 

And yes, I know you know who I am and I also know who you are.

8 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think the point is that the previous HFC had a tendency to bring in coaches under the premise that they would have input into the offense. When in fact, that was not the case. 

And yes, I know you know who I am and I also know who you are.

Maybe we are the same person!  

49 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think a little PRIOR KNOWLEDGE is paramount for success. NAC is a different place, and if you don't know all the pieced on the chess board then you can be led down the wrong path. 

I wasn't blasting you, I understand what you are saying about constant turnover.

Ok sorry for that. If it were me I would stay in Marshall they are built to win now. While Nac made the playoffs last season it was a struggle now those Sophs should be a year older and a year wiser but still.