UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Jonny Louvier

dillonpanthers

3 hours ago, PapaBear1 said:

Wish him the best, but I thought he would’ve waited for a better situation. Different folks over there, not sure they wanna do what it takes to be good at football. LE or Tatum would’ve of been a lot better place.

I disagree. This hire was about the ENTIRE sports program, not just football. 

47 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I disagree. This hire was about the ENTIRE sports program, not just football. 

He’s right in saying there are”different folks over there”. Football is important but it only involved about 90 kiddos.   Give or take. Spring Hill “folks” want all their kids that are involved in sports to have great coaching. 

Although football is the most popular sport In east Texas it isn’t the only one. Success is important to all athletes. No matter what sport they choose. Hopefully coach Jonny will see that is important at SH. He seems like a nice man. 

21 hours ago, 3lamp said:

He’s right in saying there are”different folks over there”. Football is important but it only involved about 90 kiddos.   Give or take. Spring Hill “folks” want all their kids that are involved in sports to have great coaching. 

Although football is the most popular sport In east Texas it isn’t the only one. Success is important to all athletes. No matter what sport they choose. Hopefully coach Jonny will see that is important at SH. He seems like a nice man. 

I would have assumed he was brought over to improve the Football program. The other Sports have done fine over the years. The football program has been terrible at Spring Hill. "90 kiddos" out of 450 or so that haven't had any success has got to be tough for the kiddos and fans.

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

I would have assumed he was brought over to improve the Football program. The other Sports have done fine over the years. The football program has been terrible at Spring Hill. "90 kiddos" out of 450 or so that haven't had any success has got to be tough for the kiddos and fans.

He was brought in to not only try and get football to the next level, but improve the entire sports program, girls included. There needs, and WILL be a major overhaul starting soon for girls athletics. I think Coach Louvier will be successful here, and we don’t measure success by football wins, we measure it by overall program successes and the kids growth. Football will be in the district mix this year. The parents, and certainly the kids do not run anything up here. Louvier will certainly see to that, and I have four words for any parent or student athlete that thinks different. You better leave now!

✌️

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Why would you assume that the kids that don’t participate in football have never had success?  Our basketball ball program went far into playoffs, our track team is back to back district champs, our soccer team, boys and girls won district, our baseball program is always good, our tennis and golf teams both won district, volleyball is typically at the top of the heap. So our kids enjoy plenty of successes..  not to mention we have the top rated band in the district and more academic success than most schools in our district.. well round.  And proud.. BETTER IN BLUE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

He was brought in to not only try and get football to the next level, but improve the entire sports program, girls included. There needs, and WILL be a major overhaul starting soon for girls athletics. I think Coach Louvier will be successful here, and we don’t measure success by football wins, we measure it by overall program successes and the kids growth. Football will be in the district mix this year. The parents, and certainly the kids do not run anything up here. Louvier will certainly see to that, and I have four words for any parent or student athlete that thinks different. You better leave now!

✌️

I would hope football is in the district mix. They literally have to win like one district game to make the playoffs. 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:04 AM, 3lamp said:

90 kids is better than the 40 a few years ago. Hopefully it will continue to improve 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

If he’s to good to be at SH they don’t need him. Not like they have had any more success with him

We actually did very well. Gave quite a few district team a big battle. Might not have claimed the win but a call or play going a different way and the outcome might have been different. We believe in our kids and coaches. If we took transfers like most other schools..... who knows? Personally I’m glad we don’t  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acewell said:

90 kids is better than the 40 a few years ago. Hopefully it will continue to improve 

The ex-head coach said he expected 90 kids in football this last year.  He barely had half of that number show up and play.  He did not have any idea or relationship with the players.  Their numbers were embarrassing.  Only two teams in high school this year at SH.  The new coach has to get the numbers up and have a real read on his team.

6 hours ago, 3lamp said:

Why would you assume that the kids that don’t participate in football have never had success?  Our basketball ball program went far into playoffs, our track team is back to back district champs, our soccer team, boys and girls won district, our baseball program is always good, our tennis and golf teams both won district, volleyball is typically at the top of the heap. So our kids enjoy plenty of successes..  not to mention we have the top rated band in the district and more academic success than most schools in our district.. well round.  And proud.. BETTER IN BLUE

Neither soccer team won district

4 hours ago, WObanker said:

The ex-head coach said he expected 90 kids in football this last year.  He barely had half of that number show up and play.  He did not have any idea or relationship with the players.  Their numbers were embarrassing.  Only two teams in high school this year at SH.  The new coach has to get the numbers up and have a real read on his team.

That’s not true. Although they may have not had 90 kids, they played a freshmen and JV schedule just about every week. And what sport is going on right now where 3lamo is saying the girls just won the 3rd round?

We had enough to get peoples attention. I was just using a figure I thought was close for the entire football program..not that it is important. It's all good.

But give our soccer program their kudos. Both boys and girls had a great season.  Girls still in the hunt.  Go ladies!!!! They go into the fourth round with a win over Plesant Grove 3-1.  Regional Tournament coming up. BETTER IN BLUE

Looks Like the above poster might be from White Oak. I think our number of FB boys were ample for them.😉

8 hours ago, 3lamp said:

Yes, as I stated the other programs have done well. I was referring specifically to the football program. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3lamp said:

We actually did very well. Gave quite a few district team a big battle. Might not have claimed the win but a call or play going a different way and the outcome might have been different. We believe in our kids and coaches. If we took transfers like most other schools..... who knows? Personally I’m glad we don’t  

Hahaha so Spring Hill don’t take transfers?