UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Jonny Louvier

dillonpanthers

1 hour ago, ETxFB299 said:

Spring Hill has looked good the past couple of years. They had some good looking kids on the basketball team when we played them last year.  They seem to be killing it on the court this year. 

32-2 District Champs. 10 good players.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 6:40 PM, TheFootballFan said:

Please,... the only reason you were 5-5 was a transfer from John Tyler.... tell me why you really think ???

Wasn't a transfer. His family moved into the district; however, you are correct about the 5-5 record.

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Does the basketball coach at SH have to coach anything in football?

I don't believe so.

Spring Hill could compete for district...  hell, they could compete for State. I don't care about demographics or tax base. It's totally do-able...   but it won't be easy. It's gonna require some folks swallowing a whole lotta pride, some folks turning lose of "their turf," and it's gonna require a serious investment from the leadership. 

Step 1: find a talented coordinator from a 5A-6A Central Texas program and make him the second-highest paid AD/HC in the Longview area. 

Step 2: have some local business donate the funds and/or pass a bond issue for a serious facilities upgrade (focusing on football). The new scoreboard was a step in the right direction.  

Step 3: the admin and the community have to be all-in. That means everyone goes out for football, everyone goes out for basketball, everyone runs track, etc. All the daddy-coaches and mommy-coaches have to buy in as well. How many kids has Spring Hill sent to the MLB? NBA? Yeah, I thought so...

Basically it's gonna require Spring Hill borrowing the playbook from some of the suburban programs around Austin/DFW, especially the lily-white ones that have grown from 2A to 4A+ in recent years. I've seen a few talented coaches come to Spring Hill, make some progress with one or two of the above, but unable to get all three. 

Impossible? Not at all. But it won;t be easy. You're gonna have to take a different tack than you have.

Or just be happy with being a basketball/baseball school. 

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Spring Hill could compete for district...  hell, they could compete for State. I don't care about demographics or tax base. It's totally do-able...   but it won't be easy. It's gonna require some folks swallowing a whole lotta pride, some folks turning lose of "their turf," and it's gonna require a serious investment from the leadership. 

Step 1: find a talented coordinator from a 5A-6A Central Texas program and make him the second-highest paid AD/HC in the Longview area. 

Step 2: have some local business donate the funds and/or pass a bond issue for a serious facilities upgrade (focusing on football). The new scoreboard was a step in the right direction.  

Step 3: the admin and the community have to be all-in. That means everyone goes out for football, everyone goes out for basketball, everyone runs track, etc. All the daddy-coaches and mommy-coaches have to buy in as well. How many kids has Spring Hill sent to the MLB? NBA? Yeah, I thought so...

Basically it's gonna require Spring Hill borrowing the playbook from some of the suburban programs around Austin/DFW, especially the lily-white ones that have grown from 2A to 4A+ in recent years. I've seen a few talented coaches come to Spring Hill, make some progress with one or two of the above, but unable to get all three. 

Impossible? Not at all. But it won;t be easy. You're gonna have to take a different tack than you have.

Or just be happy with being a basketball/baseball school. 

Billy Brewer.....LHP KC Royals in mid 80's.......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OakRidgeMav said:

Billy Brewer.....LHP KC Royals in mid 80's.......

10 minutes ago, Jamalious said:

charlie Roster was bout go to nba until he tored his knee up

Lol, I stand corrected.  h5kLmZi.gif

Keep doing what you're doing. 

Go Panthers.  

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, Acewell said:

I guess no one on this thread has seen Spring Hill play the past 2 years.  Or know what is coming up.

I’ve seen them play the last 2 years. As I said earlier the cupboard is far from bare. But I disagree about a Central Texas assistant taking over. As someone who has been in this area from a long time, I have seen tons of those guys come to East Texas and fall on their face. I think a young East Texas guy is what SH needs. Traylor, Surrett, Russell, all ET boys who know how to coach ET boys. I’ve heard through the grapevine a couple of those types have thrown in their hats. I think that would be the wise way to go. My 2 cents. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acewell said:

I guess no one on this thread has seen Spring Hill play the past 2 years.  Or know what is coming up.

Guilty on both counts.

How did the Panther JV look this year? What about the junior high teams, good records?

I think the JV was 6-4 or 5-5. The 8th grade was undefeated. The 7th grade was 5-2. The JV would have been a lot better but they played 7 sophomores and freshman on the Varsity. I know 3 sophomores started on the offensive line. One sophomore started at receiver and at corner. The freshman started some at corner and rotated at receiver. Another Sophomore started at DT. Another Sophomore played RB and LB. if all those guys had played JV they would have really tough. But they got a lot of experience on Varsity and it should really help them in the future. 

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Jonny Louvier