Chance Amie

• Mr. P changed the title to Chance Amie
  • 4 weeks later...

when I see kids going to Blinn, it's usually because they want to be at A&M and there is an issue and Blinn is the feeder school.

I would imagine most big D1 coaches have JUCO relationships "nearby" where they could send a stud that has an issue, whether grades or possibly something in his character that is getting thumbed down to start with (yes this happens, even when we want players -- lot's of times the AD will come tell us we can walk on out on the gangplank for a kid you "don't really know" but as I was reminded early in my coaching career...you have a family and responsibilities despite whatever trouble you step out into for a player - players will come and go...you will continue recruiting and building teams with "the right kind" of player.)

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

when I see kids going to Blinn, it's usually because they want to be at A&M and there is an issue and Blinn is the feeder school.

I would imagine most big D1 coaches have JUCO relationships "nearby" where they could send a stud that has an issue, whether grades or possibly something in his character that is getting thumbed down to start with (yes this happens, even when we want players -- lot's of times the AD will come tell us we can walk on out on the gangplank for a kid you "don't really know" but as I was reminded early in my coaching career...you have a family and responsibilities despite whatever trouble you step out into for a player - players will come and go...you will continue recruiting and building teams with "the right kind" of player.)

Remember this loophole also... you can transfer down without penalty, play JUCO, then move back up without penalty.