πŸ™„ Gay actor Jussie Smollett stages 'hate crime' attack

RETIREDFAN1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Jussie got fired.Β  His character was written out of the show. Β 

That has yet to be confirmed. Β He was only written out of the last two episodes. Β Fox has stated that they will stand behind him through his court hearings. Β Headlines help create the fake news of today. Β I saw five articles three days ago that stated he was fired, but in the articles it only says his character was removed from the final two episodes of Season 5. Β Β 

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That has yet to be confirmed. Β He was only written out of the last two episodes. Β Fox has stated that they will stand behind him through his court hearings. Β Headlines help create the fake news of today. Β I saw five articles three days ago that stated he was fired, but in the articles it only says his character was removed from the final two episodes of Season 5. Β Β 

Maybe ABC will want him on "The View" after he gets out of prison. He should fit right in with the other girls.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

He won’t do a day of prison time.Β 

I thought I heard he could doΒ 1-3 years if convicted of a class 4 felony. Some are even saying up to 10 years.

But if you're saying the Libs will find a way to keep him out of prison, I wouldn't be surprised.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:56 AM, Monte1076 said:

Based on what I've been reading, it's a Class 4 felony. Which, again, based on what I'm reading, could mean anything fromΒ probationΒ to 1.5 years in prison.

He is in custody, though:Β https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-in-custody-after-being-charged-with-disorderly-conduct/5148577/

Do you think he's gonna serve any time?

No... first offense he will not serve much if any time... but they will let the process play through and he will be found guilty for the mess he caused. Β 

I watched the show most of the 1st season. Β Smullet wasn’t really a great actor... Β but he had some pipes. Β The show had some good music... appearances from the likes of Alicia Keys who sang with Smullett etc. Β but the show got a little crazy and weird after a police brutality episode. Β That’s when I lost interest. Β It was too over the top in a way they were selling a false narrative to the American public.

57 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I thought I heard he could doΒ 1-3 years if convicted of a class 4 felony. Some are even saying up to 10 years.

But if you're saying the Libs will find a way to keep him out of prison, I wouldn't be surprised.

IF is a mighty big word. If anyone believes for a second that a gay, black liberal activist actor is gonna get treated with anything less than kid gloves in a liberal stronghold like Chicago, I would really like themΒ to consider buying this nice little ocean front cabin I’ve got in Nebraska. This will get pleaded down to some sort of misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge, and he will pay $25-30 thousand fine and spend a couple of Saturdays doing some BS community service. Write it down, and be sure to include that ol Trueblue called it.Β 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

IF is a mighty big word. If anyone believes for a second that a gay, black liberal activist actor is gonna get treated with anything less than kid gloves in a liberal stronghold like Chicago, I would really like themΒ to consider buying this nice little ocean front cabin I’ve got in Nebraska. This will get pleaded down to some sort of misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge, and he will pay $25-30 thousand fine and spend a couple of Saturdays doing some BS community service. Write it down, and be sure to include that ol Trueblue called it.Β 

Oh, & there will definitely be book deal for him; Jot that down as well.

21 hours ago, Crawford said:

Maybe ABC will want him on "The View" after he gets out of prison. He should fit right in with the other girls.

No doubt. Β I had a thought of a television show that I wish was revived, but it fits another thread. Β 

PUBLISHED:Β Β | UPDATED:Β 

Our social media has been awash with stories of harassment and bad behavior in the wake of the unlikely election of Donald Trump. Most recently, the Jussie Smollett assault hoax captivated the nation as the purported hate crime was embraced as hard news by many media outlets around the country.

Β 
ADVERTISING

The details in Smollett’s account brought suspicion to its veracity immediately for anybody willing to look at the story on its merits, but for too many, their confirmation bias nudged it into the β€œtrue” category prematurely. For a rather thin and flawed tale, the Smollett β€œassault” gained a lot of mileage in this country.

ALSO READ:Β Man, 19, accused of assaulting 81-year-old over MAGA hat

Rarely are the stories of assaults against Trump supporters reported on with such fervor. They may get cursory attention from local outlets and perhaps a nod from a national organization, but there is almost never a national media firestorm over such events.

In the last few weeks, two such cases have come to light.

First, a young man wearing a MAGA hat in Falmouth was allegedly assaulted by a woman in a Mexican restaurant. The incident was caught on video. In it, Rosiane Santos, 41, is seen pulling 23-year-old Bryton Turner’s hat over his face and taunting him. Turner told the Herald that Santos confronted him in the restaurant right away. Santos was arrested Feb. 15 for assault and battery and disorderly conduct.

The Herald’s Howie Carr later reported that Santos was taken into ICE custody because she was a citizen of Brazil and had overstayed her tourist visa in 1994.

This week, another man was assaulted in another blue state. Prosecutors in Franklin Township, N.J., say an 81-year-old man was assaulted inside a supermarket because he was wearing a β€œMake America Great Again” hat. He sustained minor injuries and authorities are looking for a suspect.

Neither of these stories became the focus of the national media, though both would surely be considered β€œnewsy” in any newsroom in any other era. But this is the era of Trump, and the narrative has been set by the activist media: President Trump has swept in a wave of violence.

No other narrative will be considered.

The truth is that Trump supporters have been the victims of violence since the campaign began.

On June 3, 2016, a Washington Post headline read, β€œUgly, bloody scenes in San Jose as protesters attack Trump supporters outside rally.” The article recounts that, β€œProtesters jumped on cars, pelted Trump supporters with eggs and water balloons, snatched signs and stole β€˜Make America Great’ hats off supporters’ heads before burning the hats and snapping selfies with the charred remains. Several people were caught on camera punching Trump supporters.”

Videos surfaced showing men and women being assaulted, trapped like rats by their assailants.

Had the victims been Hillary supporters we can imagine what the media coverage would have been like. Strangely, though, these events never seem to receive the wall-to-wall coverage or launch the β€œnational conversation” that the Smollett case did. Indeed, we would wager that few people remember the incident.

Attacks against Trump supporters are all over Twitter and Youtube and are just a Google search away. We understand the national media consider themselves this president’s opposition, but their lack of balanced coverage degrades their credibility and misinforms the public. Maybe instead of getting together to editorialize against President Trump, they could resolve to do better.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:54 PM, MavGrad99 said:

No... first offense he will not serve much if any time... but they will let the process play through and he will be found guilty for the mess he caused. Β 

That's for the state/local charges ... he is most likely also facing federal mail fraud and terrorism charges for mailing the letter with "whitepowder" to himself ... if he does any prison time it will be for that stupidityΒ  ...

1 hour ago, mellon said:

Jussie Smollett was indicted today and what better time to view this Youtube montage:

Β 

Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Ol’ Jussie suckered all of those gulla-bulls in, didn’t he???Β 

All of us β€œintelligent” folks saw right through this charade from jump street.....πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, Wild74 said:

Well worth the time to watch the video

The ending said it all when the red head from whatever talk show said : "Because we're so desperate to get Trump out of office". Β That's exactly what it is, even more probes into President Trump's banking were subpoenaed today by the State of New York. Β No other President including Nixon himself was not investigated this thoroughly, yet they can't find anything. Β Yet, they keep trying time and time again. Β I don't think it will ever stop, until he's out of office, and how many millions if not billions will be spent ? Β 

• Like 1