PG FOOTBALL 2019

powerlifter

15 hours ago, powerlifter said:

say that agan # 1 did not play along with #3#4 mvp 2017 # not trying to start no #### only  say what I have read 

?

15 hours ago, powerlifter said:

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MAX PREP LIED 

lol Max Preps

6 hours ago, MattStepp said:

These guys are back

Offense

QB: District offense MVP

RB: 1st Team All-District and 2nd Team All-District

OL: 3 1st Team All-District Players

Defense

DL: 2 1st team all-district, 2 2nd team all-district

OLB: 1 2nd Team All-District

DB: 1 District newcomer of the year, 1 2nd Team All-District

I think there were a couple of transfers who weren't eligible last year that may also help as well....PG like I've said is the likely #1 team in 4A D2 next yr in most pre-season polls

Sounds right.

57 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

MaxPreps is good site,  but you can't take it 100 accurate.  at the same time,  its up to the coaches or athletic directors to update the info on that site, so it's not always Maxpreps fault.

MaxPreps is clickbait.

PG will be fine next year. don't quote me on this but I think they bring back almost all of their offense. can't keep up with their linemen so not sure who they lost. lose a couple backs but 2 is back and theyve got better backs than the ones they lose.

40 will be back and well he's getting bigger. they lose some talent in the secondary and a couple others on defense but they should be alright.

the kicker is a senior and he may be the toughest to replace.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, txk85 said:

PG will be fine next year. don't quote me on this but I think they bring back almost all of their offense. can't keep up with their linemen so not sure who they lost. lose a couple backs but 2 is back and theyve got better backs than the ones they lose.

40 will be back and well he's getting bigger. they lose some talent in the secondary and a couple others on defense but they should be alright.

Left guard is the only lineman that's a senior, all the other starters are back on the O line. All three tight ends are back, they will probably rotate because all three play defense #40 Landon Jackson, #44 Burris, & #23 Hopkins. We should be deep at RB, a lot of speed and all the RB's can catch the ball. 

Secondary should be good and very fast. We'll have three guys back there that run sub 11.5....100 meters. and few others that have played a lot of snaps.

D Line everybody's back (top 6 players, they rotate a lot at NG), both OLB back.  We lose both ILB so that's the toughest to replace IMO. We have an OLB that's recovering from an injury and missed the second half of the season, he's a big strong kid, I think they'll move him to the inside. 

17 hours ago, Nonothing said:

?

lol Max Preps

Sounds right.

MaxPreps is clickbait.

MaxPreps is Coach or Football Administrator driven.

If the team administrator does not keep the information current then it is worthless. 

Now, with that being said, I have no idea why a coach would intentionally not keep information current on MaxPreps.

With today's technology, roster information can be found. It is not like you are hiding anything by intentionally having inaccurate info on the site.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

MaxPreps is Coach or Football Administrator driven.

If the team administrator does not keep the information current then it is worthless. 

Now, with that being said, I have no idea why a coach would intentionally not keep information current on MaxPreps.

With today's technology, roster information can be found. It is not like you are hiding anything by intentionally having inaccurate info on the site.

exactly.  Its basically a athletic website for every high school team in the nation. The fact they are attempting to do this is amazing. Maxpreps has flaws, but like you said, if the info is wrong, its more than likely the fault of the coaches or athletics admin team of the high school

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:40 PM, txk85 said:

PG will be fine next year. don't quote me on this but I think they bring back almost all of their offense. can't keep up with their linemen so not sure who they lost. lose a couple backs but 2 is back and they've got better backs than the ones they lose.

Dillon Williams is going to be difficult to match, leaving with the Kicker scoring record for season And Career. 
Replacing Kickers has never been an issue for PG, for the last 12-15 years, I can't remember when we have had to worry about the placekicking game. Kickoff has changed, and the new rules make it a different game with fair catch. Np longer do you need that guy who can get you five Touchbacks in a game.

Punting has been good, but has lacked the polish of a real skill player, punting as an art form has become less important, and the guy who can kick it hard usually is good enough. punting as a Craft has changed, with the new styles introduced by Rugby players, and some team's poor instruction in that new form makes it's usage less effective. Give me a guy who can hang it up, and drop it in a five yard square when needed, rather than just kick it hard all the time, and not know where it is going.

1 minute ago, HawkEye said:

Dillon Williams is going to be difficult to match, leaving with the Kicker scoring record for season And Career. 
Replacing Kickers has never been an issue for PG, for the last 12-15 years, I can't remember when we have had to worry about the placekicking game. 

Punting has been good, but has lacked the polish of a real skill player, punting as an art form has become less important, and the guy who can kick it hard usually is good enough.

PG has been spoiled by the last 3 kickers.  Each of them set school records during their time as a starter.

This coming season will see a former player coming back to kick during his senior.  He is a very good soccer player.  Hope that translates well back to football.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, THSfanatic said:

Hawks are as loaded of a team as I've ever seen.   They will be the undisputed power in Texarkana next year for sure and no doubt will be ranked in the top 3 in the state to start next year.  That program is rolling !

No. 1 to start for sure

21 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

PG has been spoiled by the last 3 kickers.  Each of them set school records during their time as a starter.

This coming season will see a former player coming back to kick during his senior.  He is a very good soccer player.  Hope that translates well back to football.

Mejia?

Just now, futfan said:

I thought he was a Senior. He was my first thought a couple of years ago, but didn't think he was around still. Is it Angel or Anthony?

Angel graduated already.  it's Anthony he is currently a junior.  Will kick for his senior year.

• 1 month later...

BTW, a salute to the young man Kamren Woods who will graduate this spring.  Saw where he made first-team all-region on the Texas Basketball Coaches Association squad after also being named District Offensive MVP after leading PGHS to the basketball Sweet 16.  This after being named TSWA first team 4A football all-state on the 2018 state runner up team.  There were only two other 4A guys who made both this year's all-region TBCA teams and the 2018 TSWA football all-state teams (one from Waco Connally and one from Andrews).  Of the three, Woods was the highest-ranked in football and led both his teams to the best records combined.  The kid must be a stellar athlete, and he'll be joining 2017 state MVPs and fellow Hawks Cole and Porchia at Ouachita Baptist, which has really accelerated their recruiting since building a new stadium (with a new $800,000 turf coming this summer, from the people who put in Baylor's field).

On 2/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, HawkEye said:

Replacing Kickers has never been an issue for PG, for the last 12-15 years, I can't remember when we have had to worry about the placekicking game. Kickoff has changed, and the new rules make it a different game with fair catch. Np longer do you need that guy who can get you five Touchbacks in a game.

Punting has been good, but has lacked the polish of a real skill player, punting as an art form has become less important, and the guy who can kick it hard usually is good enough. punting as a Craft has changed, with the new styles introduced by Rugby players, and some team's poor instruction in that new form makes it's usage less effective. Give me a guy who can hang it up, and drop it in a five yard square when needed, rather than just kick it hard all the time, and not know where it is going.

A guy that can hang it up and drop it in a 5 yard square is NFL talent level, so that’s not a realistic find for most schools.  I know several coaches with different programs and they aren’t looking for a big leg necessarily, but if your only going to net 10 yards you might as well just go for it. A lot of coaches are willing to sacrifice a few yards on the net punt to be able to keep their offense on the field during 4th down.  That’s why you see a lot of QB quick kick/rugby kick.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 12:20 AM, OTamandua said:

BTW, a salute to the young man Kamren Woods who will graduate this spring.  Saw where he made first-team all-region on the Texas Basketball Coaches Association squad after also being named District Offensive MVP after leading PGHS to the basketball Sweet 16.  This after being named TSWA first team 4A football all-state on the 2018 state runner up team.  There were only two other 4A guys who made both this year's all-region TBCA teams and the 2018 TSWA football all-state teams (one from Waco Connally and one from Andrews).  Of the three, Woods was the highest-ranked in football and led both his teams to the best records combined.  The kid must be a stellar athlete, and he'll be joining 2017 state MVPs and fellow Hawks Cole and Porchia at Ouachita Baptist, which has really accelerated their recruiting since building a new stadium (with a new $800,000 turf coming this summer, from the people who put in Baylor's field).

Porchia isn't at OBU anymore.  Hes at Kilgore

57 minutes ago, texan1010 said:

PG will probably be Pre-Season #1 in 4A-2. Their roster is by far the deepest and most talented in the area for 4A-2. Really would be surprised if they didn't make another deep playoff run.

all of the pieces are in place for sure.  Still gotta have some good luck with injuries