Mavericks Get Porzingis, Give Up DSJ

Stoney

Sources: Full players involved in Knicks/Mavericks deal:

Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Trey Burke to Dallas.

Dennis Smith Jr., Wes Matthews, DeAndre Jordan and likely first-round draft pick compensation to New York.

8 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Stupid for clearing cap space?  Lol. 

The knicks' front office is bad. They've had good talent, and honestly who wouldn't want to play in NY, but they have been very underwhelming with the talent they've had come through there

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

The knicks' front office is bad. They've had good talent, and honestly who wouldn't want to play in NY, but they have been very underwhelming with the talent they've had come through there

They're trying to get 2 max deal players to pair with whoever they get in the draft (they are hoping for Zion), I can see them getting one but not 2 but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I get the feeling Porzingis told the Knicks that when he gets back healthy, he wants out.

+1!

He's disgruntled and the Knicks are tired of him. Before the injury it wasn't a good environment between those two. All parties are probably more than happy this afternoon. 

Either way, a day or 2 after a disgruntled DSJ records a triple-double Mark Cuban cashes out above the value and gets a potential superstar...  sorry, as much as I hate Mark Cuban’s ego and politics, the man is a mad genius...  this team now has 2 key pieces that’s feels a lot like the glory days of Nash and Dirk....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They're trying to get 2 max deal players to pair with whoever they get in the draft (they are hoping for Zion), I can see them getting one but not 2 but who knows. 

+1!

He's disgruntled and the Knicks are tired of him. Before the injury it wasn't a good environment between those two. All parties are probably more than happy this afternoon. 

Zion would be great for NY. They may not get the two max players they want, but they should get something good. Of course, it's all about putting those players in the best position to win which the Knicks have failed to do with big names in the past. But with the right guys coming in, who knows. Maybe they can find a groove and change some things.