šŸ§• Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Somalia)

RETIREDFAN1

22 minutes ago, btex said:

Ā Funny you want me to say what you are thinking, so you can then just choose the other side, that is what is called a trap question.Ā 

No, it isn't. You're the one that made the presumption you knew that I was thinking. I just wanted you to put it in writing. That's not a trap question at all.

If courts can ascribe an intent to the citizenship question on the census, then I can ascribe an intent to yours. And I ascribed an intent of "trap question" to your question.

You would ascribe the same intent to the citizenship question on the census even if they re-worded it, would you not? Same thing.

I have an answer, and a belief on that question. AndĀ I believeĀ it may not be as simple as you may think it is. That's all you need to know.

10 minutes ago, btex said:

As I said many people love to play both sides of the road.

Never said I was playing both sides of the road. You're making assumptions again.Ā Call me a cynic, butĀ I'm simply choosing not to play your "trap question" game.

As I said, I actuallyĀ doĀ have a belief and an answer to the "trap question" you're trying to ask. I also said thatĀ I believe it may not be as simple as you may think it is. And that's all you're getting right now.

Why not criticize Israel. Ā  Letā€™s look at the what has gone on over there. Ā In 1967, in the Six Day War, troops from 6 different Muslim countries attacked Israel. Ā  From 67 to 70, there was the War of Attrition, when Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and the PLO attacked Israel. Ā Then in 1973, a coalition of Muslim Countries, led by Egypt andĀ Syria, once again attacked Israel in the Yom Kippur War. Ā 

Yesterday, we had to shoot down an Iranian drone that was a danger to our warships. Ā  Today, Iran captured two British Oil Tankers. Ā  Now, if you want to criticize someone in the Middle East, why would it be Israel? Ā  Why not the Muslim countries? Ā  Oh, right, because Omar is a bloodsucking Muslim, so she hates Israel with a passion. Ā  And you folks want to defend her? Ā  The logic of the liberal mind is so FUBARā€™ed up, itā€™s scary. Ā 

5A7B4A51-16E5-4E82-914F-CE31AA1AD584.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btex said:

I believe you dont like the discussion because it hurts the narrative the right likes to play

That's the beauty of America. You have a right to believe that, to make assumptions, and to be wrong. And you're doing all three.

Fear, and "hurting the narrative" have nothing to do with it. Maybe I'm assuming things, too, but I have a feeling about your question. That's why I refer to it as a trap question. Is it possible that you want a "black and white" answer when there might not be one?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btex said:

What I feel is what I said. I believe a person can be critical of an Israeli policy and NOT be anti. I believe a person can look at the policy and say it is wrong. That doesnt mean ALL their policies are wrong but I have witnessed people on here who believe all their policies are right. I believe a person can be critical of Muslims and not hate them. But with BOTH we see people who take it over the line. Yes I do think you are assuming things but then again that is human nature

So then can you truthfully and unequivocally say (because I will hold you to this) that your questionĀ was notĀ intended to be a trap question?

Careful with your answer. I'm gauging how much I can trust you.

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

So then can you truthfully and unequivocally say (because I will hold you to this) that your questionĀ was notĀ intended to be a trap question?

Careful with your answer. I'm gauging how much I can trust you.

Trust me, you Canā€™t trust him...

A couple of things going on here, in my opinion...

First, why bother responding to the latest overheated attack on a minority female by the GOP minions out there then on here, because the hostility and irrational response is going to be over the top, and while sometimes hilarious, can be exhausting?Ā 

Second, I know that as school draws closer, I am working more, something you retired old #### may not remember, so time is precious.Ā 

Third, why does Trump seem to endlessly call names and publicly try to humiliate female journalists who are minorities? Is it pleasing and plays well to his base? Gets them fired up.

Fourth, and more on topic, I donā€™t know much about Ilhan Omar, as she is one of 435 members of Congress, not from Texas, but evidently her district liked her enough to elect her, and then if she doesnā€™t get re-elected, they will make that choice. Trying to broad brush a party by one member is kind of silly to me. I mean, thank goodness I donā€™t hold Louie Gohmert against the GOP!Ā 

18 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

First, why bother responding to the latest overheated attack on a minority female by the GOP minions out there then on here, because the hostility and irrational response is going to be over the top, and while sometimes hilarious, can be exhausting?Ā 

Second, I know that as school draws closer, I am working more, something you retired old #### may not remember, so time is precious.Ā 

Third, why does Trump seem to endlessly call names and publicly try to humiliate female journalists who are minorities? Is it pleasing and plays well to his base? Gets them fired up.

Fourth, and more on topic, I donā€™t know much about Ilhan Omar, as she is one of 435 members of Congress, not from Texas, but evidently her district liked her enough to elect her, and then if she doesnā€™t get re-elected, they will make that choice. Trying to broad brush a party by one member is kind of silly to me. I mean, thank goodness I donā€™t hold Louie Gohmert against the GOP!Ā 

Iā€™m Quite SURE all ā€œusĀ Old Retired####ā€ Ā have Forgotten more about work than you punks will ever know, son.

705E65A0-882D-4650-AFC2-69AC57A39458.jpeg

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Her party is DEFENDING HER!!! Ā Her behavior!!! Ā Ā 

Ā 

Its not a ā€œbroad brush.ā€ Ā Itā€™s the PARTY

2 hours ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Her party is DEFENDING HER!!! Ā Her behavior!!! Ā Ā 

Ā 

Its not a ā€œbroad brush.ā€ Ā Itā€™s the PARTY

A recent poll of Democrats showed that a full 32% of them say that criticizing the performance of ANY POC in Congress is racism.

12 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That my friend is a scary stat. We are witnessing the birth of fascism in this country. As Ronald Reagan predicted, fascism would enter this country shrouded in liberalism.Ā 

And there was another Congressperson recently who went a step further and suggested anyone whoĀ made fun of a Congressperson should be charged.