Art Briles’ Career Rehabilitation Begins

Stoney

1 hour ago, lion70 said:

Actually a good move by him in the right direction. Southern Miss isn't taking a big risk cause of time and its a Coordinator postion. Eventually he will become a D1 HC again.

Would you be okay with him if he was hired in College Station???  Doubtful

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Would you be okay with him if he was hired in College Station???  Doubtful

Not saying I'd want him at OU, but I don't have a problem with someone hiring him.  

As an assistant or a coordinator, sure, not in charge of a program. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lion70 said:

Not really but you know someone going to give him a chance especially after some time. A coordinator isn't as risky as a HC.

He has a direct effect over half your team...  you don’t think the assistant coaches are expected to oversee certain aspects of discipline and the players’ lives outside of football.  It was his assistants at Baylor a lot of the complaints were brought to.  

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yep, a couple years as a OC again and then someone is going to pull a trigger and give it a shot...they know the guy can coach and there are enough schools out there needing teams to win

Anybody and everybody can be rehired. Briles had he kept his mouth shut after the firing, would have been a OC working on becoming a HC by now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, DB2point0 said:

He has a direct effect over half your team...  you don’t think the assistant coaches are expected to oversee certain aspects of discipline and the players’ lives outside of football.  It was his assistants at Baylor a lot of the complaints were brought to.  

guys, the assistants handle ALL discipline...that's where and why the ball got dropped ----> that is why Ian McCaw has said before too long when the truth of the "Baylor reports" come out, Briles will pretty much be totally exonerated. 

many of the reports on "sex crimes - date rapes or anything of the sort on campus over the years - for all students" at Baylor (and a lot of college campuses private & public, Christian & secular) get downplayed or unreported so that the schools "safety numbers" look much better. it's hard to get parents to send their kiddos to a school when they think it may be a alcohol/wild sex/toga/rape fest constantly. many of the crimes on the Baylor campus were happening for years and were happening in general by "students"...there was/is a problem. it became more ESPN newsworthy because Baylor was doing great and there were football players involved/accused and prosecuted for horrible things. it put Baylor under a tighter microscope because of the crazy, basketball murder cover-up a decade or so ago. it was a bad beginning of making people put eyeballs on the Bears. they've had a couple TV shows about this -- the college rape epidemic...not at Baylor, but every school...I've worked at a couple Christian universities and then a large state school...all the same.

bad things were happening with "some athletes/football players" at Baylor...along with many other schools. overall, the idea that a head coach at a large D1 football program with over 100 athletes at all times plus the other plethora of crazy administrative/fundraising/recruiting/public relations/CEO-type duties that with 20 plus or so assistants it would thought that a random person would be coming in to voice complaints to Coach Briles themselves or that he would be the person handling the actual discipline issues. that would be like thinking that Donald Trump is the guy that who will be changing out the Dr. Pepper syrup box in the fountain in the Las Vegas Trump Tower concession stand when it runs out and going crazy and about him not changing it and that your also mad at him because you were shorted 25 cents from the stands' cashier as well. if there is a huge problem, yes hopefully he's aware, but that's where the chain of command has to be going upwards in that organization and those assistants can't hide things to try to hang onto that assistant coaches stud...if that is what happened?  

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

guys, the assistants handle ALL discipline...that's where and why the ball got dropped ----> that is why Ian McCaw has said before too long when the truth of the "Baylor reports" come out, Briles will pretty much be totally exonerated. 

many of the reports on "sex crimes - date rapes or anything of the sort on campus over the years - for all students" at Baylor (and a lot of college campuses private & public, Christian & secular) get downplayed or unreported so that the schools "safety numbers" look much better. it's hard to get parents to send their kiddos to a school when they think it may be a wild sex/toga/rape fest constantly. many of the crimes on the Baylor campus were happening for years and were happening in general by "students"...there was/is a problem. it became more ESPN newsworthy because Baylor was doing great and there were football players involved/accused and prosecuted for horrible things. it put Baylor under a tighter microscope because of the crazy, basketball murder cover-up a decade or so ago. it was a bad beginning of making people put eyeballs on the Bears. 

bad things were happening with "some athletes/football players" at Baylor...along with many other schools. overall, the idea that a head coach at a large D1 football program with over 100 athletes at all times plus the other plethora of crazy administrative/fundraising/recruiting/public relations/CEO-type duties that with 20 plus or so assistants it would thought that a random person would be coming in to voice complaints to Coach Briles themselves or that he would be the person handling the actual discipline issues. that would be like thinking that Donald Trump is the guy that who will be changing out the Dr. Pepper syrup box in the fountain in the Las Vegas Trump Tower concession stand when it runs out and going crazy and about him not changing it and that your also mad at him because you were shorted 25 cents from the stands' cashier as well. if there is a huge problem, yes hopefully he's aware, but that's where the chain of command has to be going upwards in that organization and those assistants can't hide things to try to hang onto that assistant coaches stud...if that is what happened?  

I have in-laws that all went to Baylor.  They said this was never an issue while they were on campus.

the HC steers the ship.  If he can’t get his assistants to follow the rules and report stuff then this falls on him as well.  You can defend the trash all you want, just makes you look like what you’re defending...

1 hour ago, lion70 said:

Pot meet the kettle

You 2 are close to driving me mad... One of you troll A&M like there is no tomorrow... the other calls people a troll all of the time while trolling themselves...  I guess you do know your own people...  But freaking stop before I go Nuclear.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

You 2 are close to driving me mad... One of you troll A&M like there is no tomorrow... the other calls people a troll all of the time while trolling themselves...  I guess you do know your own people...  But freaking stop before I go Nuclear.

Ouch! Lion thumbs down you Mav.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

NEW @TheAthleticCFB: It’s not just Art Briles. 

Southern Miss coach Jay Hopson has a history of pursuing people (recruits, particularly) with ties to sexual assault cases. As recently as last month, in fact. Last month, Southern Miss head coach Jay Hopson signed and expected to add a JUCO recruit who had been accused of raping two women at knifepoint (in two different instances): https://t.co/UUhG5oKldG

11 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

NEW @TheAthleticCFB: It’s not just Art Briles. 

Southern Miss coach Jay Hopson has a history of pursuing people (recruits, particularly) with ties to sexual assault cases. As recently as last month, in fact. Last month, Southern Miss head coach Jay Hopson signed and expected to add a JUCO recruit who had been accused of raping two women at knifepoint (in two different instances): https://t.co/UUhG5oKldG

So was he actually found guilty? 

39 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Did you actually read the article? If it didn't come up try this: 

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article225963000.html

No, I had not taken the time yet. Everything on Twitter has just been saying "accused", and has not said whether he was actually proven guilty.

*The charges were downgraded to aggravated assault. 

I wonder how many players are on every D1 team, Arkansas, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Georgia...with charges or charges dropped...probation...fairly serious charges as a minor (sealed)...I'd say plenty

the point is, there is a lot that we all don't know...a lot gets pointed out when someone has an agenda

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I wonder how many players are on every D1 team, Arkansas, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Georgia...with charges or charges dropped...probation...fairly serious charges as a minor (sealed)...I'd say plenty

the point is, there is a lot that we all don't know...a lot gets pointed out when someone has an agenda

If Southern Miss doesn't interview Briles that story never gets out. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If Southern Miss doesn't interview Briles that story never gets out. 

I'm just trying to say that it was one school/coach pointed at and one coach and a microscopic look at his allowing transfer opportunities for those kids with "a past". I'm saying if a reporter got busy/industrious with digging into A&M or Texas or TCU or Ole Miss or Alabama or Washington or USC or Tyler Jr College or I could keep listing...then they could find boys with an ugly past. Some the coach knows about and has said, "hey, we're giving you a shot here because we want to give you a Christian shot (and we want to win with a better player probably) don't blow it"...some places the coach may not have asked too many questions and may not know squat.