Stephenville HFC is now open

CENTEXFAN

On 2/6/2019 at 2:46 AM, randomuser said:

Curious as to when in your career that you have crossed paths with Art at Stephenvi

le. Haven’t you always been in small schools?

No and Art's former players are now coaching all over the state as are former coaches at Stephenville.  And Stephenville is hardly what I would call a big school anyway.   Maybe there is a reason why a former Stephenville coach did not got the Stephenville job a few years ago when it was announced that he would?

And even if I am totally wrong.  Baylor says "Hold my dang beer"

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

No and Art's former players are now coaching all over the state as are former coaches at Stephenville.  And Stephenville is hardly what I would call a big school anyway.   Maybe there is a reason why a former Stephenville coach did not got the Stephenville job a few years ago when it was announced that he would?

And even if I am totally wrong.  Baylor says "Hold my dang beer"

Just checking as a lot of people post things “they’ve heard”. So, to my point....

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, randomuser said:

As Matt said, ain’t what it used to be in the old days. There’s a lot of dairy workers sons playing football. The o-line that used to be 6’3 260 lb corn fed white boys is being replaced by 5’8 230 lb dairy workers sons. 

And Ol Art had a “special” way to put some weight on those corn fed kids as well.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 8:22 PM, MattStepp said:

This may not be quite the done deal originally thought...Stephenville's AD was making calls Saturday...could be a $$ issue for the guy that they originally targeted....also...Stephenville aint the job it once was...some lean years ahead

Guess they got everything worked out. Congrats coach