๐Ÿˆ Alliance of American Football

Quality of play is better than I expected. Agree with Lion that the pace of the game is better. Dont really like not having kickoffs but that is probably coming to every level of football. Big hit on the SD QB would be a highlightย  film play in any league.

• Like 1

^ Shaan Washington will be on some radars after that hit.ย 

The passing attack is definitely ahead of the rushing attack.ย 

San Antonioโ€™s helmets are slick. Has the Alamo on the back of it.ย 

These spring leagues are great for QBs. Reps. Give these young QBs reps and you can find a Kurt Warner. A Trent Green.ย 

• Like 1

The highlights looked good to me, but where can you find a box score ??? ย I can see some of these players getting a shot in the NFL especially a couple of the receivers for San Antonio. ย I see Gavin Escobar found a job, and heard on the radio that Trent Richardson is playing fairly well for Birmingham. ย  It does look better than the USFL and the XFL were. ย Who knows. ย 

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿˆ Alliance of American football
28 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

the problem now is that its moving to CBS Sports Net and TNT/TBS...ย  ratings will tank.

The app is kinda neat but I ainโ€™t watching it for 3 hours. Thatโ€™s gonna hurt them.

38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The app is kinda neat but I ainโ€™t watching it for 3 hours. Thatโ€™s gonna hurt them.

I chromecasted it from my phone to my TV. It was going in the background while I was puttering around the house doing chores.

Confused my kids...ย ย ย because the only football that's been on our TV for the last couple years has been OU/college or Lobo replays.

"Dad? What is this?"ย  ย :Dย 

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

That happens with many start up leagues so it's not a true indicator yet. ย I was able to see the box scores on the AAF website today finally, and it seems to be a passing league, but that's how football is moving in the 21st Century. ย I thought Trent Richardson had a good day by what I heard on the radio, but he only had a 2.5 yards per carry average. ย I think he needs to hang up his cleats. ย I watched the highlights of the games, and I'll definitely be watching them every week. ย 

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿˆ Alliance of American Football
1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

This could've been really bad.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

How The AAF Was Allegedly Already Going Broke & Players Werenโ€™t Paid, But Were Saved By a $250 Million Bailout https://t.co/TC7uY9gw7I https://t.co/LiSVM2HIw3

ย 

ย 

This could be huge for the league. Dundon owns the NHLโ€™s Hurricanes, Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas and is the backing behind TopGolf.ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I"m actually enjoying the AAF.ย  No.... it's not NFL caliber...but does it have to be in order to be entertaining?ย  Most of us would admit to liking HS football over NFL football.ย  So the level of talent clearly isn't what drives people's love of the game.

They have a good model if they can make it work.ย  If different soccer leagues can thrive in Europe with their favorite sport (Soccer)... there is absolutely no reason a pro football league NOTย in direct competition of the NFL can'tย flourish.ย ย 

I question some of the franchise placements.ย  The Weather is a little tough in Salt Lake City and Memphis in February.

EIther playing indoors....or mostly inย  warm weather cities will be their mojo for attendance.ย  But the TV ratings seem to be doing well enough for a start up.

It's going to be interesting to see how the XFL will fit in with this next season.

Rumors are already flying about a championship game between the AAF and the XFL in the future.ย  Even rumors of a merger down the road.ย  Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Greezychef said:

ย 

ย 

Garrett Gilbert is the man.

ย 

They should play all games on Saturday for SLC home games. ย Most LDS won't attend a sporting event on a Sunday, because they want to keep the Sabbath Day holy. ย They would have a lot more people in the seats if they did. ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I actually DVR'd the Memphis/Birmingham game last night so I could watch it and would have control of FFW'ing, etc. I have to admit I was disappointed that the Express didn't play Johnny more...actually everything after about the third drive or at least the end of the 1st quarter. Silvers had no touch, simply threw the ball to hard and high to his receivers most of the time and couldn't make a play with his feet if something broke down. After that first series Johnny was in, I felt like they told him to stop taking off with the ball...which his breakout ability is what makes him so lethally dangerous. A play breaks down and he starts to take off...he either goes or the defense comes towards him too quick and WR's are left wide open for big plays.