Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Stoney

Kyler Murray chooses Football

Recommended Posts

Murray announces he’s entering the NFL Draft and passing on a MLB career with the A’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0100CE34-6227-4931-8B48-10AAAE7020EF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Does he pay the signing bonus back?

Per Jeff Passan: Kyler Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus money the Oakland A’s gave him last year. He forfeits the remaining $3.16 million due March 1. The A’s will put him on the restricted list and retain Murray’s rights, but they don’t get a comp draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... where does he land?

As a long-suffering Dolphin fan, I hope Miami picks him up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AKA said:

So... where does he land?

As a long-suffering Dolphin fan, I hope Miami picks him up. 

I have a weird feeling Gruden is going to try his hardest to get Kyler and it will destroy Kyler's chance at staying in the NFL long-term. 

 

My personal take: I hope he goes to Jacksonville or New Orleans. Bortles needs to go asap and Brees would help Kyler tremendously before retiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

My personal take: I hope he goes to Jacksonville or New Orleans. Bortles needs to go asap and Brees would help Kyler tremendously before retiring. 

Yeah, I really wanted Baker to go to New Orleans. It'd be an optimal spot for Kyler as well. 

I also think it'd be hilarious if Jerrah torpedos his entire draft just to acquire Murray. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AKA said:

Yeah, I really wanted Baker to go to New Orleans. It'd be an optimal spot for Kyler as well. 

I also think it'd be hilarious if Jerrah torpedos his entire draft just to acquire Murray. 

I didn’t even think about that (Jerrah), and it's something he would definitely do too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I didn’t even think about that (Jerrah), and it's something he would definitely do too. 

Put it out there that he's willing to deal Dak, throw in a late-round pick. Boom. Kyler's a Cowboy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AKA said:

Put it out there that he's willing to deal Dak, throw in a late-round pick. Boom. Kyler's a Cowboy. 

And there's already the thought of Jerrah not wanting to backup the Brinks truck to Dak. That would be nuts if it happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

And there's already the thought of Jerrah not wanting to backup the Brinks truck to Dak. That would be nuts if it happened. 

You don’t extend Garrett after this season and hire Lincoln Riley as HC.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You don’t extend Garrett after this season and hire Lincoln Riley as HC.

You shut your whorish mouth, Stoney Kelly! Don't you put that voodoo on us! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AKA said:

You shut your whorish mouth, Stoney Kelly! Don't you put that voodoo on us! 

That’s Hedley, not Heddy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKA said:

So... where does he land?

As a long-suffering Dolphin fan, I hope Miami picks him up. 

I want Arizona to pick him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a smart decision. To give up that much money with a certainty of going to the Disabled List with his small frame self. 

If Tavon Austin can’t stay healthy playing WR he certainly ain’t staying healthy at QB. He must already be suffering from concussion 

  • Sad 1
  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's much to see here...

and for all that, I do think Arizona will take Kyler Murray with the #1 pick...Kliff Kingsbury has all but said as much before he even got there. I'm genuinely surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on a massive trade to sell off Josh Rosen for the highest #1 and #2 draft pick they can get for him or a 1 and a WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Murray is in a similar position to what Manziel was coming out of college .... except that Murray I believe is a lot smarter than Manziel and will maximize his opportunity to cash in $$$$$$ while the iron is hot.  He will make a fortune off endorsements alone.    All he has to do is keep his head on straight, something that Manziel wasn't able to do ..... That said, I don't see a long NFL career for him ... sooner or later, probably sooner, he will most likely sustain a leg injury of some sort and lose his speed advantage .... and without that speed advantage, he's not an NFL caliber quarterback ... the other scenario is that he plays 3 or 4 years and signs a MLB contract ... I just don't see Murray staying health enough to have a long NFL career ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Does he pay the signing bonus back?

According to this article he has to, unless he changes his mind again :  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/16/kyler-murray-mlb-nfl-oklahoma-draft-oakland-as .  He won't know until draft day where he is picked, but I hope he hasn't spent much of that signing bonus.  He could decide to play for the A's, and then he would be able to keep it, but I'm not sure how that would work out.  I'm not sure if he'll be a first rounder being only 5'10''.  It's possible he'll be a first rounder, but it is the NFL, and I've seen Heisman winners not even drafted coming out of college.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I want Arizona to pick him.

I read he has the same agent as Kliffy fwiw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I read he has the same agent as Kliffy fwiw. 

There is a conspiracy theory that the Cardinals have told Murray that if he committed to football then they would trade Rosen and pick him #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

There is a conspiracy theory that the Cardinals have told Murray that if he committed to football then they would trade Rosen and pick him #1.

See that's one thing I wondered about cause I've seen no leaks of Rosen being shopped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

See that's one thing I wondered about cause I've seen no leaks of Rosen being shopped. 

I'm seeing a lot of mentions of Belichick wanting Rosen as Brady's heir apparent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 8:40 AM, AKA said:

This is totally valid...  however, just to play Devil's Advocate...  let's say KK is still high on taking Kyler with the first pick, what's to say he doesn't use Rosen as trade bait? It's a seller's market for QBs right now in the NFL. I bet someone out there would be willing to drop some serious coin for Rosen. He had some impressive moments in his rookie year. 

Called it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AKA said:

Put it out there that he's willing to deal Dak, throw in a late-round pick. Boom. Kyler's a Cowboy. 

Hmm...  but what if Jerrah goes after Rosen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×