Kyler Murray chooses Football

Stoney

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Does he pay the signing bonus back?

Per Jeff Passan: Kyler Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus money the Oakland A’s gave him last year. He forfeits the remaining $3.16 million due March 1. The A’s will put him on the restricted list and retain Murray’s rights, but they don’t get a comp draft pick.

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

So... where does he land?

As a long-suffering Dolphin fan, I hope Miami picks him up. 

I have a weird feeling Gruden is going to try his hardest to get Kyler and it will destroy Kyler's chance at staying in the NFL long-term. 

My personal take: I hope he goes to Jacksonville or New Orleans. Bortles needs to go asap and Brees would help Kyler tremendously before retiring. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

My personal take: I hope he goes to Jacksonville or New Orleans. Bortles needs to go asap and Brees would help Kyler tremendously before retiring. 

Yeah, I really wanted Baker to go to New Orleans. It'd be an optimal spot for Kyler as well. 

I also think it'd be hilarious if Jerrah torpedos his entire draft just to acquire Murray. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKA said:

Yeah, I really wanted Baker to go to New Orleans. It'd be an optimal spot for Kyler as well. 

I also think it'd be hilarious if Jerrah torpedos his entire draft just to acquire Murray. 

I didn’t even think about that (Jerrah), and it's something he would definitely do too. 

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I didn’t even think about that (Jerrah), and it's something he would definitely do too. 

Put it out there that he's willing to deal Dak, throw in a late-round pick. Boom. Kyler's a Cowboy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

And there's already the thought of Jerrah not wanting to backup the Brinks truck to Dak. That would be nuts if it happened. 

You don’t extend Garrett after this season and hire Lincoln Riley as HC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think there's much to see here...

and for all that, I do think Arizona will take Kyler Murray with the #1 pick...Kliff Kingsbury has all but said as much before he even got there. I'm genuinely surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on a massive trade to sell off Josh Rosen for the highest #1 and #2 draft pick they can get for him or a 1 and a WR. 

I think Murray is in a similar position to what Manziel was coming out of college .... except that Murray I believe is a lot smarter than Manziel and will maximize his opportunity to cash in $$$$$$ while the iron is hot.  He will make a fortune off endorsements alone.    All he has to do is keep his head on straight, something that Manziel wasn't able to do ..... That said, I don't see a long NFL career for him ... sooner or later, probably sooner, he will most likely sustain a leg injury of some sort and lose his speed advantage .... and without that speed advantage, he's not an NFL caliber quarterback ... the other scenario is that he plays 3 or 4 years and signs a MLB contract ... I just don't see Murray staying health enough to have a long NFL career ...

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Does he pay the signing bonus back?

According to this article he has to, unless he changes his mind again :  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/16/kyler-murray-mlb-nfl-oklahoma-draft-oakland-as .  He won't know until draft day where he is picked, but I hope he hasn't spent much of that signing bonus.  He could decide to play for the A's, and then he would be able to keep it, but I'm not sure how that would work out.  I'm not sure if he'll be a first rounder being only 5'10''.  It's possible he'll be a first rounder, but it is the NFL, and I've seen Heisman winners not even drafted coming out of college.  

12 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

See that's one thing I wondered about cause I've seen no leaks of Rosen being shopped. 

I'm seeing a lot of mentions of Belichick wanting Rosen as Brady's heir apparent. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Kyler Murray chooses Football
On 1/10/2019 at 8:40 AM, AKA said:

This is totally valid...  however, just to play Devil's Advocate...  let's say KK is still high on taking Kyler with the first pick, what's to say he doesn't use Rosen as trade bait? It's a seller's market for QBs right now in the NFL. I bet someone out there would be willing to drop some serious coin for Rosen. He had some impressive moments in his rookie year. 

Called it? 

• Like 1