Kyler Murray chooses Football

Stoney

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Kyler to the Raiduhhs at 4, sign Le’Veon and trade for Antonio Brown....Boom!!! The ghost of John Madden could win a Super Bowl with that team.

I actually like this... but it makes too much sense for da Raidahs

Now there's this:

WATCH: Dan Patrick says NFL scout told him he believes Kyler Murray’s height was ‘inflated’ at NFL Combine https://t.co/izFOtptVNT

Smh this is nothing but lame bs from scouts of teams wanting him to either slide to them in the draft or not get drafted by a rival cause their team wont be in position to do it. Get rid of the anonymous sources and make them put a name on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Now there's this:

WATCH: Dan Patrick says NFL scout told him he believes Kyler Murray’s height was ‘inflated’ at NFL Combine https://t.co/izFOtptVNT

Smh this is nothing but lame bs from scouts of teams wanting him to either slide to them in the draft or not get drafted by a rival cause their team wont be in position to do it. Get rid of the anonymous sources and make them put a name on it.

5'8" ...

Nick Saban weighs in:

“I think he’s a very dynamic player, probably the most difficult player to defend that we played against all year. And, you know, we played against some really good players. I think the Clemson quarterback [Trevor Lawrence] is a really, really a good player but when you are talking about a guy that is an effective passer and has the quickness and speed and versatility of Kyler Murray, I mean it is really, really hard on a defense. It takes you out of almost everything you want to do. We didn’t get a lot of pressure on the guy because we rushed three guys a lot because you have somebody spy the guy all the time, and then the spy can’t get him on the ground. So it’s like, ‘Why are we even doing this?’ But when you don’t do it he pulls it down and runs it for 25 yards. So it’s really, really difficult and this guy is a really dynamic player. A fine young man, too, really sharing some time with them in the playoff game and some of the things that we do, he’s a character-quality leader on his team as well.”

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Baron said:

I don't know what Arizona could have done differently, but they have definitely lost value on Rosen. Coach GQ better get it right, and quickly. He needs to draft some quality offensive linemen.

The first reach was Ferrell at 4 for the Raiders

Daniel Jones was a major reach at 6. 17 would have made more sense. I realize he is a pro style QB and may not have lasted past Miami.

With the way the draft has played out, there is plenty of safety and WR talent going into the 2nd round. Someone worth the pick should fall to the Cowboys.

Draft any position other than QB. Trade down. I mean he literally could have done anything other than draft Murray.

Josh Rosen was sacked 17 times last season within 2 secs of taking the snap. Kyler Murray isn't fixing that problem. 

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Draft any position other than QB. Trade down. I mean he literally could have done anything other than draft Murray.

Josh Rosen was sacked 17 times last season within 2 secs of taking the snap. Kyler Murray isn't fixing that problem. 

Unless Arizona drafts lineman the rest of the draft Murray won’t survive behind that line. 

• Like 3

I like Murray, I don't like him at 1, and I don't like him at Arizona.  What do you do with Rosen?  Sounds like they may move him today, but that 1st round value is basically gone.  Giants got a solid QB, but they took him too early...  Could have gotten several more picks and traded down and still got him... they should have talked to Washington...  Also worth noting is the fall of Ed Oliver... basically a consensus #1 overall pick starting the season and due to him sitting out and injuries falls to 9 (Buffalo), lets see how he handles those chilly games...  Noah Fant (TE) to Denver is a freaking steal.  Hate the RB pick for Oakland.  Not sure that I love the WR pick for the Patriots either, but they have proven that they can surprise you with anyone.

What is Kingsbury and Arizona doing? They haven’t drafted a single lineman. 3 WRs, a DE, FS and a corner. Anybody wanna make a bet on how many games Murray played before he gets hurt?

• 1 month later...

Cardinals teammate says Kyler "knows Arizona's offense better than anyone" 

It didn't take long for Arizona Cardinals rookie quarterback Kyler Murray to impress his teammates with the breadth of knowledge he has within Kliff Kingsbury's offense.

The No. 1 overall pick's familiarity with the terminology and Kingsbury's philosophical approach to his college-geared spread is limiting most of the obstacles first-year players face during the summer installation process.

“He knows the system better than we do,” Cardinals veteran wideout Larry Fitzgerald said last week. “He can get us into any play at any time and then he has the ultimate weapon in the exit button.”

Murray confirmed on Tuesday during Arizona's first mini-camp practice that he's comfortable with his new playbook, an offense Kingsbury has kept under wraps publicly. If it's anything close to the Air Raid he ran at Texas Tech, the similarities to Lincoln Riley's scheme at Oklahoma and Murray's previous playbook at Texas A&M are bountiful.

“Is it true? I’d say obviously I’m more familiar with it,” Murray said Tuesday, via AZCentral.com. “Coach Kingsbury obviously knows it the best. But yeah, obviously with [Fitzgerald] being a veteran and not having to come to every OTA and stuff like that and me being there every day, studying every day, yes, I do know it better.

"But that’s my job.”

• Like 1

• 2 months later...