New Jersey HS Football new rule

MrBuddyGarrity

14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

High school football players in New Jersey will be limited to 15 minutes of full-contact practice each week under new rules that state officials called the toughest in the country. https://t.co/nXPgU2Wa83

This is comical. 

Maybe 15 mins..like 8-10 seconds a play or drill work. 112 reps at 8 seconds and 90 reps at 10 seconds.. hopefully it not time fully padded that would be stuiped

13 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Maybe 15 mins..like 8-10 seconds a play or drill work. 112 reps at 8 seconds and 90 reps at 10 seconds.. hopefully it not time fully padded that would be stuiped

from the article....."The new rules, which the association said were the most restrictive in the country, limits the time that teams can engage in full-contact drills in practice to 15 minutes a week, down from the 90 allowed under the old rules. Preseason full-contact drills, previously unlimited, will be reduced to six total hours, including scrimmages."

On 2/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, BEASTeastTX said:

This is how you get kids hurt in games. they arent going to be in good enough playing shape and when it's time for those lights to come on, its not gonna be fun.

Agree, and to go a step further, repetition is what makes you react to certain situations with instinct or reflexes rather than having to think about it.  Now back when I played they probably went too far the other way, at times, with endless taking people to the ground, etc.  However, there has to be a certain amount of repetition to get the kids where they'll position themselves properly for a block/hit/etc.  If it's not instinct, they're going to be out of position/bad form/no leverage/etc.  This is why we see such sloppy tackling these days.  I would venture to say that 15 min of contact a week may ultimately do more damage than good in the long run, for the reasons I have stated above.  Or there are going to be a lot of guys breaking tackles left & right and getting abnormally huge chunks of yardage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

(This is a joke) to many people worry about getting there child hurt.If you don't want them

playing a contact sport put them in nitting class,My point is that there is several sports

with way more contact than football and they don't get this much attention.BOXING,

FULL CONTACT KICK BOXING,HOCKEY ect,get my point.