2019 AL West Poll

Stoney

Make your predictions for the 2019 season.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Astros win?

2. 2. How many games do the Rangers win?

3. 3. Who wins the AL West?

• Athletics
    • Astros
    • Mariners
    • Rangers

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 6:39 PM, Wild74 said:

1. Astros

2. A's

3. Angels

4. Mariners

5. Rangers

Sorry Rangers I think ya'll will go through a little Astro rebuilding right now

It's way far out there, but if somehow the pitching staff can come back close to healthy, the Rangers are going to be better than just about everyone is giving them a chance to be. The offense was right around the midpoint in the AL. If they put up those same numbers, they'll atleast be competitive. 

• Like 2

Man I don't wish any fan base to go through what we did.   But on paper the Rangers may have even a tougher time. The minor league system doesn't look good and I really don't see the pitching staff having a lot of upside. The Astros were ahead of the curve in gutting and tanking. There is a lot of it going on now, so it looks like it will be a harder thing to do at this point.

Astros

Angels

A's

Mariners

Rangers

@Wild74 Rangers win 70 games I’ll let the Astros fans pick my SDC handle from the WS to Spring Training starts. Counting on arms coming back from Tommy John. Losing Beltre in the clubhouse and on the field. Guys who can pop 30 homers and strike out 200 times. I’m firmly in the 60ish win camp.*

*Plus or minus 10 wins in the case of any wager made.

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@Wild74 Rangers win 70 games I’ll let the Astros fans pick my SDC handle from the WS to Spring Training starts. Counting on arms coming back from Tommy John. Losing Beltre in the clubhouse and on the field. Guys who can pop 30 homers and strike out 200 times. I’m firmly in the 60ish win camp.

The so called experts are picking them to win 70 exactly 

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I could see us winding up more like Kansas City or Detroit.

The only way to rebuild quickly is to spend money going through the draft and filling the minor league teams up with good prospects is a long process. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Stoney said:

@Wild74 Rangers win 70 games I’ll let the Astros fans pick my SDC handle from the WS to Spring Training starts. Counting on arms coming back from Tommy John. Losing Beltre in the clubhouse and on the field. Guys who can pop 30 homers and strike out 200 times. I’m firmly in the 60ish win camp.

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

• LOL! 1

It looks like only me, KirtFalcon, Topher85, and Wild74 were correct on the Astros.  I didn't care about the Rangers and how many games they won.  I just knew they wouldn't make the playoffs.  I still think it's strange that with 7 games left the only American League Team that has clinched a playoff spot is the Astros with 100 wins so far.  My other favorite team is knocking on the door though.