2019 Marshall Maverick Thread

Mavchamp

THIS is what a coach invested in his community looks like. 

And this is just the field house weight room.  This doesn’t even show the new weight room at the gym.  

Upgrades to the Jumbotron scoreboard.  

Now working on that covered facility.  

• Like 1

Yeah.  People are losing their minds on ESPN over this.  

Athletics over academics, waste of tax dollars, blah blah blah.  

Then you tell them it was all done by private donations and not tax money and they proceed to tell you that donors should be giving money to the library instead of a weight room. 

Cant win with internet trolls and keyboard warriors. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Then you tell them it was all done by private donations and not tax money and they proceed to tell you that donors should be giving money to the library instead of a weight room. 

I’ve been reading the replies. Apparently I’m one of the few that can read. Smh

It's so sad that people have noting better to do than to put down anything positive that a community does. I guess no one got the memo that they need to check with these sad little people on how they should donate their money. I wonder how much they have donated to their high school academics. They must have a very miserable life that all they have to do is put down positive things they can find on line. They should really get a life and learn to rejoice in the good things in life! God knows there is enough bad stuff. 

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ve been reading the replies. Apparently I’m one of the few that can read. Smh

One person said "let me see the textbooks"  One guy replied "Guns and Bibles."  Made me laugh a little bit... I am shocked they didn't put "Trump's Manifesto" somewhere in there.

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Mavchamp - I followed a lot of your posts through this process.  Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you post that around $300k of private funds were raised to help with the improvements?  Some people are just don’t have anything better to do with their time.

You can’t win I’m telling you. 

You spend tax dollars on anything athletic and the conservatives stroke out.  Wasteful use of monies that has nothing to do with education.  

You spend private donations on anything athletic and liberals stroke out about kids starving in the hallways and teachers buying their own supplies.  It’s a waste of money. 

Yet if schools talk about defunding athletics or fine arts they all stroke out. 

Where exactly is this money suppose to come from?????

idiots. 

Probably a lot of jealousy that we have a staff that has hustled to raise that money AND do a lot of the work themselves to finish a project this amazing. 

Now.... on to the practice facility. 

Lets make their head spins.  Let them hate. 

• Like 3

It only gets worse as you get more attention. If you’re wanting to get to the level you’re wanting to, it’s only going to get worse. There’s no reason to feed into it and take the bait every single time someone says something negative about your program. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AKA said:

Wow, that's really cool...  is this the main helmet or an alternate? When's the last time Marshall had red lids? 

We had some VERY retro red helmets last season. I think we only wore them once (Vs Tyler Lee).  

They were all the talk.

I think consensus was that it was the first time since the late 60s since we had worn red helmets. 

I know they were purposely retro.  But I didn’t love them. 

I’m not sure these are the main ones. I’ve heard we will have a black helmet again this season... but by UA this time. 

We had the 3rd one with the 903 that came out for the playoffs.  Which I REALLY liked. Which is impressive because I’m usually a traditionalist. 

D324B3E3-6A77-4E2B-8C9F-77F8A56A6376.jpeg

584F789C-D24A-45AD-84F4-7F862E8B69AF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

We had some VERY retro red helmets last season. I think we only wore them once (Vs Tyler Lee).  

They were all the talk.

I think consensus was that it was the first time since the late 60s since we had worn red helmets. 

I know they were purposely retro.  But I didn’t love them. 

I’m not sure these are the main ones. I’ve heard we will have a black helmet again this season... but by UA this time. 

We had the 3rd one with the 903 that came out for the playoffs.  Which I REALLY liked. Which is impressive because I’m usually a traditionalist. 

Good stuff Mav, thanks! 

I'm kind of a traditionalist myself. I really want Longview to dust off the old circle Rockin' L on a white lid look, at least once: mzrOVJ7.jpg

But yeah, I'm really digging the leadership your new guy is showing. I would love for Marshall's profile to continue to rise.  👍

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Good stuff Mav, thanks! 

I'm kind of a traditionalist myself. I really want Longview to dust off the old circle Rockin' L on a white lid look, at least once: mzrOVJ7.jpg

But yeah, I'm really digging the leadership your new guy is showing. I would love for Marshall's profile to continue to rise.  👍

Most invested coach we’ve had since Bill Harper.... and apparently Harper is high on him too. 

Everyone else seemed like a stepping stone to another job.   Not the case it seems now. 

Charisma for days. Had busted his tail on the legacy program. 

now it’s  time for it to translate on the field. 

And yeah. The retro L is sharp! 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, Mavchamp said:

You can’t win I’m telling you. 

You spend tax dollars on anything athletic and the conservatives stroke out.  Wasteful use of monies that has nothing to do with education.  

You spend private donations on anything athletic and liberals stroke out about kids starving in the hallways and teachers buying their own supplies.  It’s a waste of money. 

Yet if schools talk about defunding athletics or fine arts they all stroke out. 

Where exactly is this money suppose to come from?????

idiots. 

Probably a lot of jealousy that we have a staff that has hustled to raise that money AND do a lot of the work themselves to finish a project this amazing. 

Now.... on to the practice facility. 

Lets make their head spins.  Let them hate. 

I'd like to also point out that not only did we raise private funds for the athletics improvements, we also, as a community, raised funds for all school supplies for K-5 at MISD. Some folks only want to believe what they want to. The Mavs are starting to rise out of the broke step child role and certain groups don't like that.

Like I said.....

If that weight room made them mad....then the covered facility will make some of their heads spin.  And I love it. 

It's about time.

In spite of several of our winning programs (football, basketball, baseball, softball)....we've been made fun of for years for being 2nd rate in our facilities.  Some of it deserved....some not. 

But thanks to this staff and the MISD school board we will be amongst the best in East Texas within a few years.

So many things in the works.

Like I said...it's about time. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1