2019 Marshall Maverick Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

How does this pavillion work in bad weather? Is it considered enclosed? Or if it's lightning, etc can you not use it?

Good questions. 

Not sure you’d want to be in it during high winds.... clearly. 

But rain and thunder and lightning shouldn’t matter.  It not being enclosed or not doesn’t really affect how either would affect the structure. Imho.  I’m definitely not an engineer lol

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Good questions. 

Not sure you’d want to be in it during high winds.... clearly. 

But rain and thunder and lightning shouldn’t matter.  It not being enclosed or not doesn’t really affect how either would affect the structure. Imho.  I’m definitely not an engineer lol

Yeah, wasn't sure what the "offical" word would be on that. To me it would be fine, but didn't know how it has to be handled by school officials. 

On 8/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, Mavchamp said:

THIS is what a coach invested in his community looks like. 

And this is just the field house weight room.  This doesn’t even show the new weight room at the gym.  

Upgrades to the Jumbotron scoreboard.  

Now working on that covered facility.  

ESPN and I think MaxPreps picked up the vid posted on twitter by Coach G..... and it went viral.  Over 4M views.

Lots of positive comments.  Lots of negatives.......

But either way.... it got some eyes on the program.  Hopefully all this good news over the winter/summer translates to some big things this fall. 

I'm rethinking things... and may go to the scrimmage in Dallas on Thursday.  Then may go spy on Pine Tree on Friday. when they play Tyler Lee... I need some football.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

If you go, let me know. Will be happy to join ya.

Sounds good.  I'm going to see if I can show up late for work Friday.  If I can....I'm there.  If not.... it would be hard to get up at 6 when I'm in Dallas as late as 10...lmao.

That's if I don't get shot at Forester Field.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Man that’s nice. Coming from a small town and school I couldn’t imagine our kids having facilities like that. 

We owe it all to the boosters and the community for donating.  MISD is concentrating on renovating MHS right now to complete all campuses K-12.

After that's done.... the athletic facilities will get a lot of attention I think.

K-8th are all in new schools.  But MHS Needs about 30M in renovations.  They've done 10M.  About 20M to go.

Get that done...and within 2 years or so.... I think we see big changes in our athletic facilities.  

The wait will be worth it.... because it'll mean every student K-12 will be in new or renovated schools... with top notch athletic facilities from top to bottom.  Not many school districts can say that.

I'm still hoping for another 30M or so bond to get it all done now.  But I no longer pay taxes in Marshall....I have no say anymore.  

But I'll own there again sometime in the future when I inherit an estate.  Then I can gripe again. lol

• Like 1

Outside of new restrooms.... (which is coming!!)... this is EXCELLENT news for Mav fans, players, and visitors.  

Add it to the list of big things for Mav Stadium.... other than our 4000 new coaches, of course. 

New Press Box, New video scoreboard, new turf, new track.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Outside of new restrooms.... (which is coming!!)... this is EXCELLENT news for Mav fans, players, and visitors.  

Add it to the list of big things for Mav Stadium.... other than our 4000 new coaches, of course. 

New Press Box, New video scoreboard, new turf, new track.......

That's all wonderful news but why are they not cleaning the stands? The concrete and seats are filthy. If they install new lights that should really make the dirty stands look nice. All the money spent on this stadium is like putting lipstick on a pig, it will still be a pig. How much can that possibly cost to do? It like how would the field house look if no paint was used.

I’d take better lighting, turf, etc etc over a power wash any day of the week.....

but since you asked.....(again) 

The stands are going to get power washed after the track installation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mavchamp I felt it had fallen on deaf ears is the reason I said something again. You will not find an improvement that will give you a bigger return for the buck. I'm not asking for me so no need to make it sound personal. I'm asking for the Pride of Mav Nation. Nothing else will be said do as you may.

Didn’t mean anything by it. Apologies if it came across that way. I agree with you 100%. 

It needed to be done.  And it makes a huge difference. 

Unfortunately..... I’m just a messenger.  Not a mover/shaker.  

Not on my salary 😂

I think there are 2 key factors that will decide what kind of season we will have. #1 the offensive line. You can have the best qb and skill players but without a good front it doesnt matter. #2 somebody fill the void left by Tahj Washington. He was mr do it all for the Mavs last year. DD Williams can be that guy. He showed flashes but will need to do it consistently. The defense has a chance to be special if they can put it all together. Michael Washington is going to be a beast! If that o-line can hold their own then JJ could have a record breaking season. Next Friday cant get here fast enough.

Going to be hard for anyone to beat Justin Hart's passing records unless they start 4 years like he did.... which is EXTREMELY rare... even though two of those seasons were pretty brutal.  But his numbers are impressive considering he had 2 losing seasons..... and didn't even make the playoffs as a freshman.

But producing QB's has never really been a problem for the Mavericks..... now... producing a running back annually is another issue.  Go figure.

JJ will join a pretty impressive fraternity of Maverick Lore if he has a good season.....

Just thinking about some of them..... fun times.... fun times.

Could be a fun list to compile.