A question about Christianity and the physical body after death

Monte1076

Ok, here goes...

I know there are different denominations that look at this different ways, but what does the Bible say about cremation? I ask because I know there are numerous people who have chosen this option when they passed. My father (Vietnam Veteran, AMH3) passed away at the end of 2018, and he chose cremation. I would think that it would be consistent with "ashes to ashes, dust to dust".

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Nothing in the scriptures about cremation...we are told we will get new bodies and be like the angels, so cremation I irrelevant....you should stop listening to the false denominations and seek out God's Word on the matter.....😁

That's the conclusion I came to, but I've seen Christian denominations that don't believe in cremation. I don't think Eastern Orthodox Christians believe in cremation.

I don't like the idea of cremation or my body being filled with chemicals.  That's just me.  I forgot what movie it was, but it had a guy come back to life after being embalmed, and his veins were on fire or that's how he acted.  Then again I've read about safety coffins that they used to make with either flags or bells for you to raise or pull a rope to ring the bell in case you weren't dead.  That's why I donated my body to science to decompose in it's natural state.  It has been suggested that this might be the terms for some phrases that we've heard over the years, but this article states that it's not so :  https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dead-ringer.html  .  I honestly think it doesn't matter how you choose to be buried or disposed of.  All those that have come to earth will be resurrected in either the first or second resurrection depending on our worthiness.  As the scriptures state our bodies will fall asleep, and will not wake up until God calls us forth to a perfect body.  We will no longer suffer pain, hardship, sorrow, hunger or thirst, and the sun will not scorch us.  

As for cremation this is what I have been told in church, take it for what you will :  https://www.lds.org/study/new-era/1972/07/q-and-a-questions-and-answers/what-about-cremation?lang=eng