Petition for Galena Park North Shore vs. Longview Football Game for upcoming 2019 season

Quick

Okay, I definitely need some expertise in this area to make this game come to fruition. Of course, it's going to take a hell of a lot of people state and nationwide to even get the ball rolling. I know it wouldn't be fair to the original opposing team that signed the 2 year contract with Longview High but, this is a can't miss matchup that will NEVER happen later on due to the vast disparity in enrollment numbers. I would personally like to get Coach Kay on the phone with Coach King to see how we could make this happen. 

To Lobo Nation (Alumni, fans, etc.), this game would at a MINIMUM be televised on Fox Sports Southwest as game of the week and be a regional telecast. If, ESPNU gets enough steam this game definitely could be televised nationally.  LoboFan07, I need you to get the petition going on the 6A board but, I am unsure how many national signatures you could get with it still being a Texas board. MavChamp, what obstacles are we looking at on the forefront (besides the coaches saying, "No.")???

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 4

23 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Be careful what you wish for. 

Why? It's just a football game.

Even if GP pasted Longview by 50 points there would be plenty of things the Lobos would gain from the competition. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d love to see that game, and I don’t think Longview would get blown out. 

North Shore is going to be great next year, but so too will the Lobos.

That's what I'm saying...  

No, I wouldn't bet money on the Lobos winning that matchup, but I think it'd be closer game then some might expect.

Obviously GP would come in as a heavy favorite, and would easily one of the best teams Longview has played in recent memory. But at the end of the day we're talking about 16-18 year old kids. Anything could happen.

I think it would be a tremendous early test, and would give the Lobo coaching staff an excellent way of determining strengths and weaknesses right off the bat. It would be an eye-opener for the kids as well. I guarantee every team they'd play the rest of the season would seem like light duty compared to GP, which would give us a really good shot at repeating. 

There's literally no downside. Lose or win. 

• Like 1

Just now, Win1Soon said:

Might want to see how bad North Shore beat Westbrook- they are on a different level.

Doesn’t matter, just because they’re on a different level should not deter Longview from aspiring to play and beat them.

It’d be a huge challenge for Longview, show them where they stand with maybe the very best team in Texas and the nation.

Worst that can happen is you go out there and get your butt whipped, so! At least you tried and held nothing back. It’s a nondistrict game that’d have no playoff qualification consequences.

Go for it!

• Like 1

Exactly. This ain't college ball, with "style points" and arbitrary rankings. GP could beat Longview by 50 and it would not impact whether or not they get into the playoffs. 

Yeah but what about morale? Nothing like getting dusted by a bigger and stronger opponent to let you know where you rate. 

Or, just imagine the incredible surge of momentum it gives you if you hang with 'em or, dare I say, actually beat them? 

Again, there's no downside. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Exactly. This ain't college ball, with "style points" and arbitrary rankings. GP could beat Longview by 50 and it would not impact whether or not they get into the playoffs. 

Yeah but what about morale? Nothing like getting dusted by a bigger and stronger opponent to let you know where you rate. 

Or, just imagine the incredible surge of momentum it gives you if you hang with 'em or, dare I say, actually beat them? 

Again, there's no downside. 

I agree 100%. If you go out there and get thumped your team is now fully focused and aware they’re not the end all be all of Texas high school football just because you’re the defending champion in your division.

If you hang with them or win, holy cow!!!!

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Hazer said:

North Shore 56 - West Brook 7 

Longview 35 - West Brook 34

Different games, different results.

No game is going to decide another, and people that continue to use that as a reason for why another team would beat another have no idea how football works (especially when the football is being played by 16-18 year olds).

Look no further than West Brook themselves...
Lost 55-40 to Strake Jesuit in non-district only to follow it up with a 54-43 victory in the playoffs.

2018 wouldn't make one difference in what happens in 2019 anyways.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Different games, different results.

No game is going to decide another, and people that continue to use that as a reason for why another team would beat another have no idea how football works (especially when the football is being played by 16-18 year olds).

Look no further than West Brook themselves...
Lost 55-40 to Strake Jesuit in non-district only to follow it up with a 54-43 victory in the playoffs.

2018 wouldn't make one difference in what happens in 2019 anyways.

Is GP having a hard time finding pre-season games?

First off, this straight up ain't happening in 2019. May can get it to happen in 2020/2021 but knowing how loyal we are to Marshall and LP, doubt it.

2nd, GPNS MAY beat LV in 2019 if the matchup was to happen...but anyone who thinks that game would be a blowout because of what happened vs West Brook don't know football. Would be close just as their games vs Katy, Cy-Fair and even Duncanville were. Why were those games close? Because those teams could run the ball and control clock.

What a coincidence...Longview's bread and butter is lining up and running it right at you. And Kaden Meredith is one of the best RB's out there. Plus a HK led team ain't getting blowed out by anyone. We have some competitors in LV and that's what outsiders don't seem to understand.

Does NS beat LV? Maybe. Would it be a blowout if they do? Hell no.

Just for those who really want to know without doing your due diligence.

ENROLLMENT NUMBERS:

Galena Park North Shore: 4,833

Longview High: 2,139

That's a difference of 2,694 students and Galena Park North Shore enrollment is a little over 125% LARGER than Longview if my math is correct.