Petition for Galena Park North Shore vs. Longview Football Game for upcoming 2019 season

Quick

26 minutes ago, Quick said:

Just for those who really want to know without doing your due diligence.

ENROLLMENT NUMBERS:

Galena Park North Shore: 4,833

Longview High: 2,139

That's a difference of 2,694 students and Galena Park North Shore enrollment is a little over 125% LARGER than Longview if my math is correct.

You’re only allowed to put 11 on the field at one time.

Yes, I am completely aware at some point enrollment does make a difference; it’ll mainly give you better depth. Larger enrollment can give you better top end talent, but does not guarantee it.

This is part of why I’m always for smaller schools challenging themselves by player larger classification schools in non-district games to push themselves against what could be a superior opponent for their own improvement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Quick said:

ENROLLMENT NUMBERS:

That's a difference of 2,694 students and Galena Park North Shore enrollment is a little over 125% LARGER than Longview if my math is correct.

When I was in HS, we beat Allen once and played them really close the other two times. Heck as easily as we went 1-2 against em, we could've went 3-0.

Longview had 2,005 enrollment at that time while Allen had over 5K.

Playing bigger schools may effect some, but wouldn't effect LV much because the football participation is high here. And as I pointed out before...the LV program is just full of competitors yearly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re only allowed to put 11 on the field at one time.

Yes, I am completely aware at some point enrollment does make a difference; it’ll mainly give you better depth. Larger enrollment can give you better top end talent, but does not guarantee it.

This is part of why I’m always for smaller schools challenging themselves by player larger classification schools in non-district games to push themselves against what could be a superior opponent for their own improvement.

One person decided to laugh at the above post. A portion of the post I’d like to add some detail to is “Larger enrollment can give you better top end talent, but it does not guarantee it.” Below are some players and their high school’s current estimated enrollments (should be higher now than when they were in school):

Randy Moss 1,135

Roger Staubach 326

Joe Montana 1,106

Mike Ditka 462

Bob Lily 814

Leonard Fournette 650

Tom Brady 880

Patrick Mahomes 1,387

Leighton Vander Esch 125

Billy Sims 302

Adrian Peterson 965

A lot of nonsense in this post starting with a petition to get a game. If this petition were to ever come to fruition for next year I will stand naked at the Longview mall for a whole day!! Just let me throw in my nonsense. Contrary to popular belief, fans can’t control the schedule.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

Seriously?

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Please ............... Just stop the nonsense for once. 

Not so far fetched that we could beat a team or two in their district.  We beat a distict mate last season in Lee. 

Maybe North Mesquite.  Maybe Heath.  Not sure about the others.   It’s irrelevant  

Tbh......They are 2 classes above us. We won’t be playing them.  So it’s doesnt matter who can beat who.

We got our own district to worry about. And some teams like Manvel, Aledo, A&M Consolidated, and Huntsville who we actually SHOULD be thinking about.  Not discussing teams that don’t matter to us when December comes around.  

Shouldnt even be on this thread.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, randomuser said:

A lot of nonsense in this post starting with a petition to get a game. If this petition were to ever come to fruition for next year I will stand naked at the Longview mall for a whole day!! Just let me throw in my nonsense. Contrary to popular belief, fans can’t control the schedule.

Nobody wants to see your little Vienna Sausage. But, carry on....

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Not so far fetched that we could beat a team or two in their district.  We beat a distict mate last season in Lee. 

Maybe North Mesquite.  Maybe Heath.  Not sure about the others.   It’s irrelevant  

Tbh......They are 2 classes above us. We won’t be playing them.  So it’s doesnt matter who can beat who.

We got our own district to worry about. And some teams like Manvel, Aledo, A&M Consolidated, and Huntsville who we actually SHOULD be thinking about.  Not discussing teams that don’t matter to us when December comes around.  

Shouldnt even be on this thread.

Umm..... Not really. Last time I checked you guys are 5A not 4A. And, I know you are trying to include Division as a Classification but, we both know that isn't correct.

That's just like having one of those behemoth enrollment schools that are in the district with Allen making the postseason in Division II with us with over 4,000 students. That doesn't make them a classification above us.

26 minutes ago, Quick said:

Umm..... Not really. Last time I checked you guys are 5A not 4A. And, I know you are trying to include Division as a Classification but, we both know that isn't correct.

That's just like having one of those behemoth enrollment schools that are in the district with Allen making the postseason in Division II with us with over 4,000 students. That doesn't make them a classification above us.

Because of pre-split, Marshall is indeed two classes below.

5A D2 is legit it's own separate class from 5A D1.

That isn't the case in 6A because the class isn't pre split yet. Still post split which makes it all 1 classification.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Because of pre-split, Marshall is indeed two classes below.

5A D2 is legit it's own separate class from 5A D1.

That isn't the case in 6A because the class isn't pre split yet. Still post split which makes it all 1 classification.

Yeah, I know of all the U.I.L. jargon but, C'mon man...... 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, Quick said:

ENROLLMENT NUMBERS:

North Shore is like Skyline....5000 students but 70% of them are Hispanic and Hispanics don't come out for football.  The football demographics are probably closer than you would think.  

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

And yes..... I think we would have gone (3-4) in the district. 

That’s nothing to brag about at all. But I don’t think we would have been winless.  

Jmho. 

This is exactly what would have happened...we didn’t get credit for thumping a very strong team

On 2/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Doesn’t matter, just because they’re on a different level should not deter Longview from aspiring to play and beat them.

It’d be a huge challenge for Longview, show them where they stand with maybe the very best team in Texas and the nation.

Worst that can happen is you go out there and get your butt whipped, so! At least you tried and held nothing back. It’s a nondistrict game that’d have no playoff qualification consequences.

Go for it!

Wait a minute!!!  I thought it was a foregone conclusion that teams can’t play up and compete strictly because the bigger team would just be better.  That’s the argument Longview fans have given for several years here on sdc.  Now they’re changing their minds!?!?  (Hint of sarcasm)

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 2

On 2/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, ANTI said:

When I was in HS, we beat Allen once and played them really close the other two times. Heck as easily as we went 1-2 against em, we could've went 3-0.

Longview had 2,005 enrollment at that time while Allen had over 5K.

Playing bigger schools may effect some, but wouldn't effect LV much because the football participation is high here. And as I pointed out before...the LV program is just full of competitors yearly.

So it would “affect” some but not Longview?  Lol 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:15 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

One person decided to laugh at the above post. A portion of the post I’d like to add some detail to is “Larger enrollment can give you better top end talent, but it does not guarantee it.” Below are some players and their high school’s current estimated enrollments (should be higher now than when they were in school):

Randy Moss 1,135

Roger Staubach 326

Joe Montana 1,106

Mike Ditka 462

Bob Lily 814

Leonard Fournette 650

Tom Brady 880

Patrick Mahomes 1,387

Leighton Vander Esch 125

Billy Sims 302

Adrian Peterson 965

Colt McCoy says hi.