🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Goram-Welch and Meredith also had good days. Really can't wait to see the Meredith era officially start in the fall....he's going to be the most exciting back we have had in a while (which says alot).

Broke dudes ankles 😀 looks like he will be used at slot some 

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

What are the major rule differences?

I ain't for sure but I believe might be kickoffs in end zone automatically downed. And if defense moves a finger b4 snap it's offsides. Prolly some more but that's all I remember.

5 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I ain't for sure but I believe might be kickoffs in end zone automatically downed. And if defense moves a finger b4 snap it's offsides. Prolly some more but that's all I remember.

no cut blocking in Louisiana. Also missed field goals are treated like punts

• Stinks 1

14 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Broke dudes ankles 😀 looks like he will be used at slot some 

I don't care where he lines up, just get him the ball in space.

Kid can take a routine dive play to the house, get him one-on-one in the secondary and it's an automatic six points. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AKA said:

Kid can take a routine dive play to the house, get him one-on-one in the secondary and it's an automatic six points. 

Scary thing is he's not alone.

Shannon Jackson II, Kevin Jones, Markevion Haynes...this backfield is going to be fun to watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKA said:

And we have the g.o.a.t. throwing to him and the other wrs man this offense  sounds scary again 

• Like 1

Just now, WolverBean said:

And we have the g.o.a.t. throwing to him and the other wrs man this offense  sounds scary again 

My only questions marks are on defense...  hey @ANTI, who do you think is gonna "come outta nowhere" next year and be a playmaker on D? 

5 hours ago, AKA said:

My only questions marks are on defense...  hey @ANTI, who do you think is gonna "come outta nowhere" next year and be a playmaker on D? 

Defense actually has a chance to be better this year.

I think Robert Pierce #48 is in for a fantastic SR year. Was one of the best DB's in 6A last year. Tyshawn Taylor at LB is a problem and could've easily been defensive MVP in that state game. Laqualon Hale next to him at the other LB spot is no joke...Beltran and Goram-Welch anchoring the defensive line....Buchanan and his long and physical 6'1 180 frame will return at CB. 

But the one who I think will "come out of nowhere" is 2021 #3 SS/LB Kybo Jackson-Jamerson  (6'2 190). He played alot in 2018 as a sophomore. Not just in blowout games either, he was apart of the rotation/gameplan most weeks. Former WR and PR too so don't underestimate his speed and athleticism either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos
1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview will be the visiting team this fall vs West Monroe.

Lang reporting Lobos will be the home team in 2020. Interesting that we agreed to a 2 year deal.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/01/west-monroe-meet-longview-joe-delaney-memorial-classic/3029514002/

Can't read it. I am not paying for a Louisiana newspaper!! LOL!

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Can't read it. I am not paying for a Louisiana newspaper!! LOL!

Lol 

Just said that both coaches flipped at Indy today. We lost and will be away team in 2019. We’ll play them and be the home team on Sept 18th, 2020. 

Also explained about the name they’re putting on this “Classic.”

• Thanks 1