🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

On 3/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, LoboFan07 said:

As long as he doesn’t go to freakin Tennessee!! That’d be awful 

All IMO, out of the schools that have offered this far, here are the ones that really seem to be in good standing:

TCU - he's been there twice, King fam are familiar with coaching staff, they're recruiting him very hard, Marcus Williams went there....and Malcolm Kelly now coaches there. Talk about connections.

LSU - I've been thinking for a while that he ultimately doesn't end up here after initially thinking he would (LSU already has 2 committed for 2020), but interest is there naturally. Plus he's visited. And 247 writer Brooks, who use to cover the Lobos years back, has him CB'd (crystal ball) to LSU.

Arkansas - The interest here is obvious. He's been here multiple times, probably more than any other school.....lead recruiter is Traylor who has known Haynes all his life. Razorbacks seem to be in good standing but it's no secret that they also love the HC's son out of Highland Park.

Baylor - With Hasty being there, all reports of HK enjoying his visit there and the fact that Baylor has legit made him #1 priority

Auburn - Another school that he has visited, and HK has been quoted in 247 articles naming Auburn as one of the schools going after him the most.

Miami - One of his newer offers and HK seemed pretty excited when they offered in this article. 

https://www.canesinsight.com/news/new-qb-offeree-king-speaks-on-um-enos.6185/

Tennessee - Just visited there Monday and Tuesday. Oh, and this:

That's just out of the 22 that have offered. Spring ball hasn't gotten here yet...you know more are coming. Expected to commit before season starts so we'll know for sure in a few months. It's Wiiiiiddde open and anyones guess.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, ANTI said:

All IMO, out of the schools that have offered this far, here are the ones that really seem to be in good standing:

TCU - he's been there twice, King fam are familiar with coaching staff, their recruiting him very hard, Marcus Williams went there....and Malcolm Kelly now coaches there. Talk about connections.

LSU - I've been thinking for a while that he ultimately doesn't end up here after initially thinking he would (LSU already has 2 committed for 2020), but interest is there naturally. Plus he's visited. And 247 writer Brooks, who use to cover the Lobos years back, has him CB'd (crystal ball) to LSU.

Arkansas - The interest here is obvious. He's been here multiple times, probably more than any other school.....lead recruiter is Traylor who has known Haynes all his life. Razorbacks seem to be in good standing but it's no secret that they also love the HC's son out of Highland Park.

Baylor - With Hasty being there, all reports of HK enjoying his visit there and the fact that Baylor has legit made him #1 priority

Auburn - Another school that he has visited, and HK has been quoted in 247 articles naming Auburn as one of the schools going after him the most.

Miami - One of his newer offers and HK seemed pretty excited when they offered in this article. 

Tennessee - Just visited there Monday and Tuesday. Oh, and this:

That's just out of the 22 that have offered. Spring ball hasn't gotten here yet...you know more are coming. Expected to commit before season starts so we'll know for sure in a few months. It's Wiiiiiddde open and anyones guess.

HK is currently at Auburn this weekend (3/15 & 3/16) on an unofficial visit.

Apparently he chose to go there instead of LSU's Jr. Day event held today.

That makes three SEC schools (that you've listed herein) he's visited this week that are not LSU.

Not totally sure what to read into this except like you (ANTI), I concur that HK may not ultimately be heading to LSU.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, ANTI said:

Call me crazy, but if I were Haynes, I'd be taking a long, hard look at the U.  All things considered, it could be a very advantageous situation for him. 

Obviously I understand the allure of LSU and other big name schools who have interest...  but I really think Haynes at Miami could be something special. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, AKA said:

Call me crazy, but if I were Haynes, I'd be taking a long, hard look at the U.  All things considered, it could be a very advantageous situation for him. 

Obviously I understand the allure of LSU and other big name schools who have interest...  but I really think Haynes at Miami could be something special. 

Where ever he ends up They build offense around him it will be special

41 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Heard that Miami  is recruiting Haynes  he is like oh snap I best get out.😃

sleeperathletes-20190319-0001.jpg

Lol, totally.  :D 

I'm hoping Kamden eventually enters the transfer portal and is teleported to wherever Haynes lands. 

• Like 1

The Lobos week 4 matchup with Ruston has been replaced with West Monroe at Independence Stadium. Longview will be the visiting team, meaning the game will be under LA rules. 

West Monroe went 14-1 last season, with their lone loss a 3 point loss in the 5A state championship.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

The Lobos week 4 matchup with Ruston has been replaced with West Monroe at Independence Stadium. Longview will be the visiting team, meaning the game will be under LA rules. 

West Monroe went 14-1 last season, with their lone loss a 3 point loss in the 5A state championship.

A great early test. Hopefully they expose any and every weak point we have in order to prepare for district and a deep playoff run.  

• Like 2

No doubt West Monroe will be a much better test than Ruston would've been. I like it a lot. Especially knowing it's a two year deal and we get them under Texas rules in 2020.

They're not the program they were under Shows, but they're still an elite program and definitely of, if not the, best programs in Louisiana. If we were going to face a team from LA, it should be them. I still don't think they scored that last minute touchdown against us in 2006 to win it, but oh well.

Other schedule note, the John Tyler game on the 13th at Rose will start at 7 PM, not 7:30.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Anybody confirm a recent transfer in? I hear the kid is either a DB or WR but has some good height and speed....also has a younger sibling????

Confirmed. And we've had several. 

It's crazy to me. It's been 3 months and a few days and I still get ecstatic when I think about our boys finally winning state, in the manner we did it in. 

From the windy game against Westfield and their stout defense to the gimmicky comeback put on by Tascosa.... To showing tons of grit to come back against West Brook. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's crazy to me. It's been 3 months and a few days and I still get ecstatic when I think about our boys finally winning state, in the manner we did it in. 

From the windy game against Westfield and their stout defense to the gimmicky comeback put on by Tascosa.... To showing tons of grit to come back against West Brook. 

2018 will be always remembered as the team that fused to lose.

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

One heck of a comeback, still have it on DVR. 

• Like 1

Starting to get prepared for the 2019 football season.

https://lobohistory.com/schedule.html

Full schedule with potential playoff updates updated. JV/Freshmen histories updated. Hoping the JV/Fish schedule will be out here soon. I'm expecting things to be the same as 2018, but there seems to always be a couple differences, especially when we're in a 7 team district.

https://lobohistory.com/misc/greenout.html
https://lobohistory.com/misc/homecoming.html

Both Green Out and Homecoming links have been updated as well. Marshall will be the opponent for both. 2nd appearance on Green Out for Marshall. They lost the first one in 2017. 6th appearance on Homecoming for the Mavs, but first since 1977. Lobos 3-2 in the first five games.

Also updated is the Out of State page... https://lobohistory.com/misc/outofstate/louisiana.html

Will be Longview's 44th game against an opponent from Louisiana when they meet West Monroe on September 20th, and 50th overall against an Out of State opponent.

• Like 3