🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

On 4/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, TheFootballFan said:

By the way.... your opinion of field ideas isn’t the only one! Right?

My opinion is that I have no opinion (other than the awful end zones we currently have and the idea of gold making it better 🤭).

On 4/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, AKA said:

Y'all gonna give @LoboFan07 a migraine.  ;) 

But seriously...  I like the HUGE gold Rockin' L on the bottom one, and the large block-letter "LOBOS" on the top one. 

I like that Black one! That "sugar honey iced tea" is C-L-E-A-N!!!!! DAMN!!!! Hell, I know the Rockin' L is our trademark Logo but, IF ANYONE can get this message to John King PLEASE tell him to use the more intimidating WOLF HEAD as the center field logo! Jesus Christ.

I mean, I like our ugly L but, damn I am tired of looking at it too. I promise you, between lettermen jackets, car decals, t-shirts, caps, gloves, metal accessories and then our band performing the Rockin' L at every home and away game, I think it's past time to put that Wolf Head dead smack center of the field and I do mean make it LARGE and MEAN looking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nice, really well done. I haven't read too many articles where they try to do a deep dive on ol' King. He's kind of a closed book until you get to know him. 

On 4/22/2019 at 9:01 AM, AKA said:

I want to redesign the wolf head logo. Nothing too radical, just give it more of a vector graphic look instead of a '70s era clip art. 
NpcKiz8.jpg

That's one very red tongue...lol

Nice clean look though.

Call me "old school" and one of the older Lobos on here but I'm still partial to the 70's Lobo head.

R.J.

• Like 2

Just now, RandyJohnson said:

Call me "old school" and one of the older Lobos on here but I'm still partial to the 70's Lobo head.

Yeah, me too, I want a new logo that brings the classic logo up to date. 

The above is just a rough draft. I'm thinking any new wolf logo would have to bear a close resemblance to the old school logo. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's an outstanding article.

Furthermore, it puts to rest the thought or idea that Coach King will follow Haynes out the door in 2020...imo !

Coach King said. "Nobody puts more pressure on me than I put on myself ". Furthermore, he said. "I want to win another state championship. I'd like to do it every year. It's been great. Nothing has changed around here as far as our day-to-day plan go. I plan on coaching as long as I can and want to continue to do what's best for this High School."

Coach King turns 51 years old this summer and i think he has quite a few years left to be the Head Coach of the Lobos !

R.J.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Coach King turns 51 years old this summer and i think he has quite a few years left to be the Head Coach of the Lobos

I think we all know the job is his until he doesn't want it anymore.

The quote is encouraging for sure. We'll see what happens. He flirted with leaving in 2006, but ended up staying. I think something similar will happen next off season depending on where Haynes ends up in college tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think we all know the job is his until he doesn't want it anymore.

The quote is encouraging for sure. We'll see what happens. He flirted with leaving in 2006, but ended up staying. I think something similar will happen next off season depending on where Haynes ends up in college tbh.

I really believe he'll be around Longview for awhile because he has his retirement to consider. (Ie. Texas Teacher's Retirement)

No matter where Haynes matriculates (unless his dad gets a college assistant's gig wherever that is) then it makes sense for him to stay put for awhile....say 3-5 more years.

R.J.