🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

They are slightly, but the school is pretty diverse which is why the football numbers not only stay high, but continue to grow.

Yes, no doubt the Hispanic growth has been massive over the last 20 years, but both black and white numbers remain on an upward trend. In my lifetime I anticipate seeing LISD become closer to a 30-30-30 percentage split. That's where we're trending. 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, ANTI said:

I believe on top of the teams AKA said, whenever we have dropped down classes, PT has been on their schedule. We'll play several of the Tyler schools yearly, not just 3 lakes. Usually the 3 middle schools will play a different tyler school or two each. This past year, Judson played 3 lakes, Foster played Moore...I forget who Forest Park played.

Also, LISD middle schools have played against TISD middle schools for at least 2 decades for sure. I know when I was at Judson in 2000s we played Dogan (at JT) and Hubbard (at Lee).

yea.  I think there should be no excuse why Pine Tree doesn't play you guys...unless LISD doesn't bother with putting them on the schedule.  

On 4/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, AKA said:

Yes, no doubt the Hispanic growth has been massive over the last 20 years, but both black and white numbers remain on an upward trend. In my lifetime I anticipate seeing LISD become closer to a 30-30-30 percentage split. That's where we're trending. 

hmmm...I think you should take a look at the TEA enrollment reports from past yrs and currently.  It's not trending at all to a 30-30-30 split. The black and white population at Longview High and the ISD are trending down slowly, and the HIspanic population is trending upward very quickly.   Most of LISD schools are now majority Hispanic.  Also, the white population at Longview high has been less than 30 percent since 2005.  And In 10 yrs, Longview High will probably be more like 50/35/15 split Hispanic/Black/White.

Its happening in the Pine Tree district too.  The Hispanic population has become the majority for the school district too (the black population has also went up alot recently too).

But none of this matters.  Longview is big enough where its room for everyone and you guys should still have a good team.  To be honest, the Hispanic population is booming everywhere in Texas, so most high schools will have a majority Hispanic population

• Angry 1

On 2/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, ANTI said:

Defense actually has a chance to be better this year.

I think Robert Pierce #48 is in for a fantastic SR year. Was one of the best DB's in 6A last year. Tyshawn Taylor at LB is a problem and could've easily been defensive MVP in that state game. Laqualon Hale next to him at the other LB spot is no joke...Beltran and Goram-Welch anchoring the defensive line....Buchanan and his long and physical 6'1 180 frame will return at CB. 

But the one who I think will "come out of nowhere" is 2021 #3 SS/LB Kybo Jackson-Jamerson  (6'2 190). He played alot in 2018 as a sophomore. Not just in blowout games either, he was apart of the rotation/gameplan most weeks. Former WR and PR too so don't underestimate his speed and athleticism either.

I wasn't kidding with this post.

• Like 3

I'm not the type to determine talent by size...but when you have someone with both talent and size you better watch out. 

The D-Line this year is going to be the largest that we've had in a long time. Just look at a few of these dudes that are in rotation:

2020 Sawyer Goram-Welch (6'4 275)

2020 Andrew Beltran (6'1 250)

2021 Tavion Sterling (6'1 275)

2021 Joe Jones (6'2 263)

2020 AJ Jones (6'1 210)

And I'm loving this 3-4/3-2-6 look we have going. This defense is special.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Beltran's one that I'm real excited to see. He's had a solid offseason. The kid is a solid 250 and change. 

With his size and film, Sawyer's gonna draw plenty of double teams, which gives Beltran an opportunity to blow some plays up. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

I'm not the type to determine talent by size...but when you have someone with both talent and size you better watch out. 

The D-Line this year is going to be the largest that we've had in a long time. Just look at a few of these dudes that are in rotation:

2020 Sawyer Goram-Welch (6'4 275)

2021 Tavion Sterling (6'1 275)

2021 Joe Jones (6'2 263)

2020 AJ Jones (6'1 210)

And I'm loving this 3-4/3-2-6 look we have going. This defense is special.

tenor (2).gif

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Dude has 26 offers now.

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

35 by the end of the summer is my guess.

I'm totally not begrudging Haynes his offers (they are 100 percent deserved!) but I wish the recruiters would stick around and take a closer look at some of the other guys with the same kind of talent/potential. There are legit D-I talents walking the halls of Longview High right now that aren't getting the attention they deserve. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I'm totally not begrudging Haynes his offers (they are 100 percent deserved!) but I wish the recruiters would stick around and take a closer look at some of the other guys with the same kind of talent/potential. There are legit D-I talents walking the halls of Longview High right now that aren't getting the attention they deserve. 

This is what I tell peeps all the time. 247 or none of those recruiting sites may not want to acknowledge it, but there is plenty of FBS talent here. If there wasn't, Longview doesn't go 16-0 last season and we also don't show the consistency we've shown since 2004. There were many schools that we played in 2018 who had more players on their roster with D1 offers, including Marshall.

Not to pick on Marshall, but they had 3 WRs with major offers. And not one of them was in the same stratosphere as Kamden Perry. As a matter of fact, the only WR that I saw last year in this entire state that could give Perry a run for his money was Jaxon Smith at Rockwall. Recruiting has nothing to do with on the field production and everything to do with "6'8 300" and "4.1s at a camp".

Marcus Williams (who was dang good) was the only Lobo OL with FBS offers. But he may not have been top 3 on our OL. BUT those scouts loved that 6'7 295 pound frame.

We look for all types of reasons to berudge a player in football...and alot of great players never get to go to college because of it. "he isn't big enough" is one of the biggest ones. Pretty much the Kyler Murray treatment. One thing I learned growing up in Longview and following the program afterwards is its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. 

Yall remember Corey Bartley? Dude was like 5'7 160...you can't tell me he wasnt one of the best safeties to come through LV. Jephaniah Lister caught the same treatment and he may just be the very best. Stats sure says he is.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, JTFAN99 said:

yea.  I think there should be no excuse why Pine Tree doesn't play you guys...unless LISD doesn't bother with putting them on the schedule.  

🤣🤣 That game haven't been interesting since the 80s? 

Kamden Perry was truly amazing. Dude had the 13th highest single season receiving yardage in txhsfb history and the highest state championship game receiving yards in txhsfb history. He's the goat...

But please don't think this passing game is about to fall off. Haynes is looking the best that I've seen him yet this spring. He is dropping some dimes to these WRs and TEs. And they are well defended too.

Kearbey is about to have a big year. JD Williams is a terrific wideout and good luck to the DB that has to cover Kyas Moore on deep routes. Tough task. Not to mention CJ Hopkins. Then the two big TE's Braden and Pencheon...lord.

• Like 2

For those that don't have ESPN plus

Dynamic athleticism, speed and arm talent define both of these players. Martinez was on pace to have a huge true freshman season and showed real flashes when healthy in Lincoln last fall. King might be the fastest player in the 2020 quarterback class and also happens to be one of the finest passers. Every team in college football employing a spread offense clamors for athletes like this under center. Haynes is a nightmare to defend when things break down and also as a designated runner

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 8:58 AM, AKA said:

Kamden Perry, is a Prime example of this. I have NO idea why he chose UIW. He must have seen one of those fine senoritas in San Antonio, Texas on his visit is my only guess. 

I wonder if they ever bother to look at Haynes King stats and then look at WHOM the recipient is with the lion's share of his touchdown passes and completions. As Joe Madison The Black Eagle always says, "It's SINCERE IGNORANCE & CONSCIENTIOUS STUPIDITY."

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:49 AM, ANTI said:

Kamden Perry was truly amazing. Dude had the 13th highest single season receiving yardage in txhsfb history and the highest state championship game receiving yards in txhsfb history. He's the goat...

But please don't think this passing game is about to fall off. Haynes is looking the best that I've seen him yet this spring. He is dropping some dimes to these WRs and TEs. And they are well defended too.

Kearbey is about to have a big year. JD Williams is a terrific wideout and good luck to the DB that has to cover Kyas Moore on deep routes. Tough task. Not to mention CJ Hopkins. Then the two big TE's Braden and Pencheon...lord.

• Like 1