🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

On 6/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, cujo2016 said:

I have Lobos up there with the Mustang. They are definitely ahead of Allen and give their offense more big plays ahead of Duncanville.

I may be wrong but, as a Libra I seem to smell a strong aura of sarcasm.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Quick said:

I may be wrong but, as a Libra I seem to smell a strong aura of sarcasm.

No! not at all Quick, I pick the Lobos to have a chance to win two state titles in the big school in this era about three years ago. May be in LoboFan07 post.  

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 6:20 PM, TheFootballFan said:

Lobos

Hey TFF, I was wondering if you'd like me to set-up an avatar to show up whenever you post? Perhaps a Lobo mascot logo or a Rockin' L or something else. 

It would show up by your name every where you post, like this for example: 
nPEtW02.jpg

30 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

81 days to go.

Which game are y’all looking forward to the most this season (regular season)?

No particular order....

1. Marshall - to see what the coach with his pedigree, hype he has created, and returning players can dial up against us....will it be another blow out???

2. West Monroe - has great defensive players returning although d-line graduated...should be no1 at that point...hope we stick it to them

3. Rockwall...see if the talent can push them on top...this will be district championship...hope we win going away....

cant wait 

48 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

3. Rockwall...see if the talent can push them on top...this will be district championship...hope we win going away....

cant wait 

This will be an interesting one for me. They lost a ton, and I know it doesn’t matter much but our JV squad ripped them apart. I don’t think they’ll be anywhere near as solid as they were last year, and they’re coming to Lobo....we’ll see what happens. 

I’m also intrigued to see how Horn is. Givens is gone but with a new coach, they’ll be a bit of a question mark. Least they play JT this year in non district so we’ll get a sense of how they are early.

10 hours ago, AKA said:

Hey TFF, I was wondering if you'd like me to set-up an avatar to show up whenever you post? Perhaps a Lobo mascot logo or a Rockin' L or something else. 

It would show up by your name every where you post, like this for example: 
nPEtW02.jpg

2 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Sure

Done! 👍

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Which game are y’all looking forward to the most this season (regular season)?

Top 5..

1. Lufkin - 1st game of the season and I'm sure we all can't wait for the season to start. Sort of the #1 rivalry in the state too.

2. Rockwall - Pretty much for the district title. They arguably have the #1 WR in the state who killed everyones secondary, should be another good year offensively for them. 

3. Mesquite - I'm probably the only one with this game in the top 3, but Mesquite should be better this year than they were last. Remember, that Mesquite-Rockwall game last year was closer than the score indicated. Longview-Mesquite could also be for district championship. 

4. WM - defending 6A D2 state champs vs the best of Louisiana. Definitely an upgrade from Ruston.

5. Mesquite Horn - I'm straight up not expecting them to be better than Mesquite or Rockwall. Heck NM-Horn is a toss up to me this year...especially after Horn, who already played zero defense, loss their best defensive player to Duncanville. But am interested to see how far they either fall, or rise under the new HC.

Lastly, cannot wait to see what the freshmen have to offer this year. 6'0 Jalen Hale coming out of Foster will be sensational. The typical talent will come out of Judson, Foster and Forest Park. Also don't be surprised if we get some from an SHMS 8th grade squad that went undefeated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

4. WM - defending 6A D2 state champs vs the best of Louisiana. Definitely an upgrade from Ruston.

I have no doubt West Monroe is a solid program, and will be a much upgraded opponent than Ruston would've been, but why do we keep saying they're the best in Louisiana? Zachary is the two team defending 5A champions over there, having defeated West Monroe for their 2nd straight title this past December. Should the Rebs probably have won that game? Sure. But it was their defense that nearly won it for them, not the offense. And they were absolutely dominated in the first half of that game by Zachary. They also lost to Zachary in 2017 at that. 

They're a great team, but they're not the best right now. And haven't been since 2011.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

but why do we keep saying they're the best in Louisiana?

Anticipation.

And I guess it's similar to how everyone has  a '1A and 1B' deal going on with NS and DVille (despite them losing) right now. DVille and WM loss in similar fashion. DVille down by 9 at half and made a comeback, only to lose at the end of the game. WM down by 10 at half and made a comeback, only to lose at end of game. But peeps still have DVille as that 1B because of the squad they have returning. 

Same deal with WM, they have 15-16 starters back (including 3 year starter at QB with FBS offers) from a squad that loss the SC on a last min 80 yard screen. WM also spent most if not all of 2018 ranked #1 in LA up until that SC loss.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Top 5..

1. Lufkin - 1st game of the season and I'm sure we all can't wait for the season to start. Sort of the #1 rivalry in the state too.

2. Rockwall - Pretty much for the district title. They arguably have the #1 WR in the state who killed everyones secondary, should be another good year offensively for them. 

3. Mesquite - I'm probably the only one with this game in the top 3, but Mesquite should be better this year than they were last. Remember, that Mesquite-Rockwall game last year was closer than the score indicated. Longview-Mesquite could also be for district championship. 

5. Mesquite Horn - I'm straight up not expecting them to be better than Mesquite or Rockwall. Heck NM-Horn is a toss up to me this year...especially after Horn, who already played zero defense, loss their best defensive player to Duncanville. But am interested to see how far they either fall, or rise under the new HC.

Lastly, cannot wait to see what the freshmen have to offer this year. 6'0 Jalen Hale coming out of Foster will be sensational. The typical talent will come out of Judson, Foster and Forest Park. Also don't be surprised if we get some from an SHMS 8th grade squad that went undefeated.

Really? Spring Hill Middle School!? No, Naw and Hell Naw!!! No more of these miscellaneous 6-man (I'm exaggerating of course) "transfers"!!! Jesus Christ!!! That's like adding 3/4ths gallon of water to a concentrated gallon of Kool-Aid With ICE might I add. STAY WHERE Y'ALL ARE AT...... Unless you're Jaxson Smith from Rockwall. Then Hurry up and get here like yesterday.

• LOL! 1