🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Anticipation.

And I guess it's similar to how everyone has  a '1A and 1B' deal going on with NS and DVille (despite them losing) right now. DVille and WM loss in similar fashion. DVille down by 9 at half and made a comeback, only to lose at the end of the game. WM down by 10 at half and made a comeback, only to lose at end of game. But peeps still have DVille as that 1B because of the squad they have returning. 

Same deal with WM, they have 15-16 starters back (including 3 year starter at QB with FBS offers) from a squad that loss the SC on a last min 80 yard screen. WM also spent most if not all of 2018 ranked #1 in LA up until that SC loss.

Makes sense. 👍🏻👏🏻

• Thanks 1

I brought up the freshmen, I'm also interested in seeing how JV bounces back this year after having an inconsistent year on the freshmen level in 2018.

Can't wait to see how the 8th grade squads perform, namely Judson. They're loaded and that class as a whole is one of those 'special' classes.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I have no doubt West Monroe is a solid program, and will be a much upgraded opponent than Ruston would've been, but why do we keep saying they're the best in Louisiana? Zachary is the two team defending 5A champions over there, having defeated West Monroe for their 2nd straight title this past December. Should the Rebs probably have won that game? Sure. But it was their defense that nearly won it for them, not the offense. And they were absolutely dominated in the first half of that game by Zachary. They also lost to Zachary in 2017 at that. 

They're a great team, but they're not the best right now. And haven't been since 2011.

Actually the best in Louisiana is Edna Karr...lol.   But you have a good point about Zachary, but despite the two straight titles by Zachary, WM is probably still a better overall program, considering the long history. 

Regardless, if Longview, or any of the big East TX schools (JT, LP, Lee) should play anyone from LA that gives you reasonable travel and match up based on enrollment, it should be West Monroe or Byrd. Secondary choices of Evangel and Neville.  

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Regardless, if Longview, or any of the big East TX schools (JT, LP, Lee) should play anyone from LA that gives you reasonable travel and match up based on enrollment, it should be West Monroe or Byrd. Secondary choices of Evangel and Neville.  

Oh no doubt.

Evangel though, meh. They’re not the same program from the 90s and 00s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Oh no doubt.

Evangel though, meh. They’re not the same program from the 90s and 00s.

you are right, Evangel is not the same, But they are better than anyone else in North Louisiana outside of WM and Neville, and honestly, they are still the best in Shreveport area.  I think Byrd beat them in 2015, but the last 3 yrs Evangel has beat them very badly.

11 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Man that one short pass meredith turned into td broke dudes ankles 😅https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/haynes-king-longview-7-on-7-league-highlights/ 

This offense is going to be fun to watch 

I know some of those highlights were against sabine. We dont have the athletes to match Longview. I’m not taking anything away from King and the Lobo offense though. They will be tough for any team to stop.  

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

24 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I know some of those highlights were against sabine. We dont have the athletes to match Longview. I’m not taking anything away from King and the Lobo offense though. They will be tough for any team to stop.  

I saw red so figured marshall 😅