🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

For anyone questioning his physical ability: that’s a cross-body 50-yard throw on the run that drops over the wide receiver’s inside shoulder. You can count the number of 2020 quarterbacks who are capable of that play on one hand.

H1RksnQ5XzEPeIuxYJ.gif

Either this or the game winning toss vs Lufkin in 2017 is the greatest HK-Kamden pass connection. 

I remember sitting in Lobo and watching this play go down...it may not seem like it but the level of difficulty in this clip is crazy. From the throw to the catch.

• Like 1

Haynes King becomes the first Longview Lobo football player to commit to play at A&M in modern day history.

I've been following Lobo Football since the Clint Humphreys & Doug Cox era (circa 1970) and HK is the first Longview player in these past 50 years that will play there...to my memory. (LoboFan07 or ANTI please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Just an observation...

RJ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Haynes King becomes the first Longview Lobo football player to commit to play at A&M in modern day history.

I've been following Lobo Football since the Clint Humphreys & Doug Cox era (circa 1970) and HK is the first Longview player in these past 50 years that will play there...to my memory.

Just an observation...

RJ

Zay Henderson(2017)and Cody Williams(2006)both played at A&M

Cody didn't really play. He got his degree, though, which is great!

Henderson played a lot at A&M though. He originally committed to Texas but switched to A&M. Not really sure why, but thankful he did!

I'm really stoked for King to come to A&M. I know Coach Turner messed up in not recruiting him, but Coach Dickey got on the ball in a hurry. With Jimbo's development and Haynes' natural ability as a passer, I could see him starting and having a stellar career at A&M.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Is this a legit poll? I’ve never been a fan of LeRetard but are you serious? Just stay in Florida pimping boats and women with loose morals with ESPN money.

I've heard him called many things...  legit has never been one of them. 

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, AKA said:

NypmTTs.gif

Two questions: can horses eat it and/or Tommy Chong smoke it? 😂 We’ve been able to play there a couple times over the recent years. That’s a sharp looking field.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Two questions: can horses eat it and/or Tommy Chong smoke it? 😂 We’ve been able to play there a couple times over the recent years. That’s a sharp looking field.

Lol, no and no. It's as artificial as Pam Anderson's cleavage. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Big time! September 12  2019 Longview vs John Tyler live on ESPN #flushthatjohnliveonespn 😅 

Not sure why they picked this game over the two games after it I guess scheduling.

Ahh give us some slack we’ll make it a good one. 😎 were did you find where it would be on espn? 

27 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Haynes is great...but that O-line was awesome.  How many of those guys are coming back?

Parker Cox 3 year starter at C.

Tovar started at LG the final two games of the season, but suffered injury in spring ball.

So replacing 4. But we reload as usual.

Longview's 2022 class alone has 3 on the OL who will probably play FBS ball.

LT/C Connor Cox 6'1 245 (brother of Parker), G/T JaTavian Bush (6'0 290) and G Deqwaylan Reed (6'1 330).

But yeah, very elite OL Longview had in 2018. 3 of them were 3 year varsity vets, 2 year starters. Another was 2 year starter. Then you had Cox at C who was a returning starter from his sophomore year. Easily the most experienced JK era line ever.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

But yeah, very elite OL Longview had in 2018. 3 of them were 3 year varsity vets, 2 year starters. Another was 2 year starter. Then you had Cox at C who was a returning starter from his sophomore year. Easily the most experienced JK era line ever.

Not discounting the loss of experienced/talented linemen, they were solid... but, yeah, King is gonna King. Line play will be fine.

John King could start two-a-days with just five chubby 8th graders, and they'd still be some nasty hogs by district play. 

• Like 2