🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

20 hours ago, WolverBean said:

If I remember right haynes visted Arkansas already I remember him in Jersey so this is second visit? They only allowed 5? 🤷

Players can take as many "unofficial visits" as they wish to as many places as they wish.

They can also take up to 5 "Official visits" but may only use one per individual school.

HK has not taken any Official visits to date to my knowledge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

Players can take as many "unofficial visits" as they wish to as many places as they wish.

They can also take up to 5 "Official visits" but may only use one per individual school.

HK has not taken any Official visits to date to my knowledge.

Got ya they just have to pay out their pocket for the unofficial visits 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, JTFAN99 said:

Is the Meredith kid better than the Williams kid that played RB last yr? 

They kinda seem like the same player but Meredith is taller and bigger. Which is probably why he will see more offers.

IMO...Meredith looks like a bigger "speedy petey" Robertson

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

IMO...Meredith looks like a bigger "speedy petey" Robertson

You're talking about speedy Petey Peterson from a few years back?

I'd compare him more to a bigger Braylynn Anthony in the fact that Meredith can take it to the house literally any given play. 

Statistically speaking, there's never been a LV RB that has the YPC that Meredith has put up this far. He put up huge, I want to say record numbers, while at Judson and I know he put up record numbers as a freshmen. Then puts up 650 yards and 12 TD's as sophomore this past year while sharing carries with several others. Yall remember that KR he had in the semis vs Tascosa?

That's Meredith in a nutshell. He's about to explode. Judson has been producing some solid backs lately. Meredith..that Freshmen RB Taylor can play....then they have another one who'll be in 8th grade this year, last name Nelson. He's a beast. 

Meredith getting alot of attention right now and rightfully so. I just warn folks not to sleep on another RB in his grade Jackson II.

http://a.hudl.com/profile/11501053/SHANNON-JACKSON-II (he's bigger than the size listed btw)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

You're talking about speedy Petey Peterson from a few years back?

I'd compare him more to a bigger Braylynn Anthony in the fact that Meredith can take it to the house literally any given play. 

Statistically speaking, there's never been a LV RB that has the YPC that Meredith has put up this far. He put up huge, I want to say record numbers, while at Judson and I know he put up record numbers as a freshmen. Then puts up 650 yards and 12 TD's as sophomore this past year while sharing carries with several others. Yall remember that KR he had in the semis vs Tascosa?

That's Meredith in a nutshell. He's about to explode. Judson has been producing some solid backs lately. Meredith..that Freshmen RB Taylor can play....then they have another one who'll be in 8th grade this year, last name Nelson. He's a beast. 

Meredith getting alot of attention right now and rightfully so. I just warn folks not to sleep on another RB in his grade Jackson II.

http://a.hudl.com/profile/11501053/SHANNON-JACKSON-II (he's bigger than the size listed btw)

I never worry about RB at Longview high we are RB u now the question will be after after 2019 and Haynes era is over how long until the next QB will come thru 

32 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

I never worry about RB at Longview high we are RB u now the question will be after after 2019 and Haynes era is over how long until the next QB will come thru 

Well, for 2020 it'll probably be 2021 QB Jecoby Jackson. The next 'great' QB is currently at Judson playing next to that RB Nelson. I'm pretty sure Judson will be city champs in 2019, they have some players over there. But you know you can never count out Foster as usual. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well, for 2020 it'll probably be 2021 QB Jecoby Jackson. The next 'great' QB is currently at Judson playing next to that RB Nelson. I'm pretty sure Judson will be city champs in 2019, they have some players over there. But you know you can never count out Foster as usual. 

Sound like some more good years a head

44 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Sound like some more good years a head

When incoming 8th and 9th grade come up the ranks, expect another hot streak like 2017-2019. We're talking 2022 and 23 squads. 

2020 won't be a bad team either. Obviously Haynes will be missed but I'll compare that team to 2015 team but with better defense. Would not be shocked if this team ran the tables too, especially with a drop down in classification.

2021 team depends totally on how much chemistry is developed over the next few years. The freshmen contrary to belief has some good individual talent, but as a unit they were inconsistent. With chemistry build, I can see this team being alot like 2007 (peak), without it... 2014 (floor).

I think it really depends what class we’re in tbh the year after Haynes graduates. 

Rockwall has an extremely good squad coming up. I have no doubt our freshmen will improve, they always do. Heck we saw just during the season how much they did. But they’re clearly a step down from this current group. Which isn’t too shocking.

A big question too is will HC King still be here in 2020.

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Doesn't he have a daughter still that won't be graduated yet 

Same grade as Haynes. She's a killer in gymnastics too. 

But yeah, alot of what I said depends on if JK retires/go soley AD or not. Especially 2021 team.

But from talent perspective, believe I'll be pretty spot on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Same grade as Haynes. She's a killer in gymnastics too. 

But yeah, alot of what I said depends on if JK retires/go soley AD or not. Especially 2021 team.

But from talent perspective, believe I'll be pretty spot on.

Interesting so their twins?

Longview repeats in 2020. John King announces his retirement in postgame press conference. Downtown victory parade held the following Saturday. Longview ISD hires King as Superintendent-For-Life. Haynes signs letter-of-intent with OU. Browns cap undefeated season with 50-point Super Bowl blowout of Patriots. Matthias wins third-straight Smoaky.com Mod of the Year.  Trump elected to second term. Earth collides with Mars. Sun goes supernova. Solar System obliterated. Milky Way collapses into black hole. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Longview repeats in 2020. John King announces his retirement in postgame press conference. Downtown victory parade held the following Saturday. Longview ISD hires King as Superintendent-For-Life. Haynes signs letter-of-intent with OU. Browns cap undefeated season with 50-point Super Bowl blowout of Patriots. Matthias wins third-straight Smoaky.com Mod of the Year.  Trump elected to second term. Earth collides with Mars. Sun goes supernova. Solar System obliterated. Milky Way collapses into black hole. 

Could have thrown “Oklahoma wins the National Championship” in there too lol.

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I was fine with everything up until here.

Not to start any drama BUT... 

Don't you think Haynes is a better fit for OU than LSU? I mean really...  :woot:

26 minutes ago, AKA said:

Not to start any drama BUT... 

Don't you think Haynes is a better fit for OU than LSU? I mean really...  :woot:

I don’t like either, but at least I have some family that lives in Oklahoma so I could see him there 😂

As long as he doesn’t go to freakin Tennessee!! That’d be awful 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKA said:

Ou ftw! You Forgot to say  Haynes be the fourth in row QB from ou to win the Heisman 😎

• LOL! 1