🐺 2019 Defending 6A (D-II) State Champion Longview Lobos

LoboFan07

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

And Haynes gets Elite 11 invite! Along with Hudson Card of LT and Chandler Morris of Highland Park.

Like there was any doubt! Loooobo up! Man what another fun year we are in for! 

29 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Is the Meredith kid better than the Williams kid that played RB last yr? 

They kinda seem like the same player but Meredith is taller and bigger. Which is probably why he will see more offers.

Calling either of them "better" or "worse" than the other is purely subjective at this point. They're completely different kind of backs. It's like comparing Emmitt Smith to Adrian Peterson. They're different types of backs who can do different things well. 

That said...  Meredith has the potential to be one of the best RBs to wear a Lobo uniform. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Is the Meredith kid better than the Williams kid that played RB last yr? 

They kinda seem like the same player but Meredith is taller and bigger. Which is probably why he will see more offers.

Two different styles. 

Williams game was almost solely on being shifty and at alot of times, making something out of nothing. He was very tough for his size too.

Meredith can be shifty, but is more of a one cut back. 

But to answer your question more directly, Meredith will be the best back we've had in a while. He's a home run threat every touch. Fast, fast player. Judson MS product.

Shannon Jackson II, also in that 2021 class, is a little more like Williams but a bit bigger. He's good too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Calling either of them "better" or "worse" than the other is purely subjective at this point. They're completely different kind of backs. It's like comparing Emmitt Smith to Adrian Peterson. They're different types of backs who can do different things well. 

That said...  Meredith has the potential to be one of the best RBs to wear a Lobo uniform. 

my apology, I didn't mean to say "better".  I guess I just thought that the Williams kid was very good too, but Meredith is probably going to get more offers.  Just wanted you guys thoughts on both backs.

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Two different styles. 

Williams game was almost solely on being shifty and at alot of times, making something out of nothing. He was very tough for his size too.

Meredith can be shifty, but is more of a one cut back. 

But to answer your question more directly, Meredith will be the best back we've had in a while. He's a home run threat every touch. Fast, fast player. Judson MS product.

Shannon Jackson II, also in that 2021 class, is a little more like Williams but a bit bigger. He's good too.

good deal.  Will the Jackson kid be on varsity this season?

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

good deal.  Will the Jackson kid be on varsity this season?

Without question. Him and Meredith at the RB position.

He actually got moved up later in the year this past season...had some carries in the playoffs. Off the top of my head, remember him having a TD vs Cove.

• Like 1