Girls #1 MARTIN'S MILL vs #12 GRAPELAND for CLASS 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Longhorn Fan

The Martin's Mill Lady Mustangs are ranked #1 and are the defending Class 2A State Champions. Tomorrow, make their 14th trip to the UIL State Championships as they defend their crown against another East Texas team....The # 12 ranked Grapeland Sandiettes. The Lady Mustangs have defeated the Sandiettes twice this season in a home and home series. The first game in Martin's Mill was 61 - 37 and the second game in Grapeland was 65 - 42. It will be interesting to see how round 3 goes in the Alamodome for all the marbles. Tip off is at 1:30 PM. The game will be broadcast on 95.9 KCKL.

Last year, the Lady Mustangs defeated the Lapoynor Lady Flyers 58 - 51 to win the Class 2A State Championship! 

God I hope Grapeland wins. This year is the 30th anniversary of the Sandiettes first championship. Would be nice to get one. Very young team too. Mason didnt scare them off and Martins Mill wont be bringing any surprises. Put the ball in the hoop and make it happen Sandiettes!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

God I hope Grapeland wins. This year is the 30th anniversary of the Sandiettes first championship. Would be nice to get one. Very young team too. Mason didnt scare them off and Martins Mill wont be bringing any surprises. Put the ball in the hoop and make it happen Sandiettes!

Beating MM is a tall order. They generally have at least one young lady that can get hot from 3-point range and take the game over. And they play outstanding defense. 

10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Beating MM is a tall order. They generally have at least one young lady that can get hot from 3-point range and take the game over. And they play outstanding defense. 

Always a tall order. Lovelady had some outstanding teams about 10 years ago. Teams that could have won a title, but Martins Mill was there with a big post, deadly shooter, and suffocating defense. Nothing has changed except the challenger. I hope Grapeland gets the win. I want them to get the title and bring something special back home, but I know this will be their toughest task of the season. Whatever happens, i hope they learn from it, win or lose and take what they learned into next season come back even stronger. Hopefully gunning for a second straight title...