#1 Shelbyville vs #5 Grapeland - 2A Region III Finals Sat. 1pm

Crawford

Am I the only one who wonders why the UIL continues to schedule the Region 3 tournament for somewhere in central Texas when there’s almost nothing but East Texas teams playing in it? For two years it was at Leon. Now it’s in Bryan. They obviously don’t look at what would be convenient for parents and fans of these teams. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Am I the only one who wonders why the UIL continues to schedule the Region 3 tournament for somewhere in central Texas when there’s almost nothing but East Texas teams playing in it? For two years it was at Leon. Now it’s in Bryan. They obviously don’t look at what would be convenient for parents and fans of these teams. 

Don’t the regional host bid on tournament?

For many years it was held at SFA, nice venue, large enough, plenty of parking and reasonable amount of hotel rooms and places to eat. Make no sense to hold it at a small venue, far away from hotel rooms and food service.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, action10 said:

For many years it was held at SFA, nice venue, large enough, plenty of parking and reasonable amount of hotel rooms and places to eat. Make no sense to hold it at a small venue, far away from hotel rooms and food service.

There’s no shortage of hotel rooms in Bryan/ College Station, but that’s on the western edge of Region 3. Geographically, it would make as much sense to hold it at Joaquin. Maybe none of the schools in the Lufkin/ Nacogdoches area have bid on it recently, and the places out west have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

There’s no shortage of hotel rooms in Bryan/ College Station, but that’s on the western edge of Region 3. Geographically, it would make as much sense to hold it at Joaquin. Maybe none of the schools in the Lufkin/ Nacogdoches area have bid on it recently, and the places out west have. 

Alot more hotels and restaurants in bryan/college station... Population in nac is 34,000 population in bryan/college station is 259,000. But i agree that is should be held some where in east texas

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Alot more hotels and restaurants in bryan/college station... Population in nac is 34,000 population in bryan/college station is 259,000. But i agree that is should be held some where in east texas

I like Nacogdoches because it’s close, having said that I am rather indifferent as to location as long as it’s located in a reasonable location with a venue seating of near or over 10k and a approximate number of Hotel rooms and food service.

Sounds like Grapeland found some offense in the fourth quarter. Either way, congrats Shelbyville on another berth and great job Sandies on another stellar season.

Maybe we can get together again next year. Same time, same place?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crawford said:

Like I had mentioned earlier. Shelbyville better come into this game hells blazing, or they will be saying adios to their season. 

They came to play full 4 quarters. Much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, action10 said:

I like Nacogdoches because it’s close, having said that I am rather indifferent as to location as long as it’s located in a reasonable location with a venue seating of near or over 10k and a approximate number of Hotel rooms and food service.

It doesn’t make much sense lovelady is on the far west of region 3. And have to drive a hour west of us. I’d say nac  or lufkin would be better for everyone. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, topher805 said:

Sounds like Grapeland found some offense in the fourth quarter. Either way, congrats Shelbyville on another berth and great job Sandies on another stellar season.

Maybe we can get together again next year. Same time, same place?

Hope Dragons can make it back they have 3 returning starters all out front. Will be losing 2 in the middle. Still should be in the mix.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...