2A - Region 3 Softball

LLIONPRIDE

On 4/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, Hayseed said:

Grapeland Lady Sandiettes took out Joaquin at Nac. High last night by a 8-6 score. They'll face the Woden lady Eagles next week.

Congrats to Grapeland. I knew when I saw the draw that we had our hands full. 

A little late but Lovelady over Cushing 10-0 in 5 innings. Scored all their runs in the first 3 innings and coasted to the win. Freshman pitcher was lights out on the mound. 5 inning no hitter.

13 K's. only 2 balls put in play. a weak grounder to 3B and a pop up to 1B. She was 1 hit batter away from a perfect game. 

Area round...... Lovelady vs Big Sandy  double header tonight 4/30 at Hudson HS. 1st game starts at 6:00pm. Game 3 TBD

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Next weekend will be a fun one regardless who wins...

No doubt about it topher!!!!! Time to see if Lovelady is a contender or a pretender. Only thing that worries me a little is Woden and Grapeland are experienced and battle tested in these situations. This is uncharted waters for these Lovelady girls. Hope we have prepared them well and they rise up!!!!!

3 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

No doubt about it topher!!!!! Time to see if Lovelady is a contender or a pretender. Only thing that worries me a little is Woden and Grapeland are experienced and battle tested in these situations. This is uncharted waters for these Lovelady girls. Hope we have prepared them well and they rise up!!!!!

I was talking to someone before the season and they talked about how talented lovelady was, but inexperience would hurt them in the playoffs. I think they would fare better against Grapeland than Woden just because familiarity. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

I was talking to someone before the season and they talked about how talented lovelady was, but inexperience would hurt them in the playoffs. I think they would fare better against Grapeland than Woden just because familiarity. 

Those Woden girls definitely know how to flip the switch when the pressure is on. 

On 5/3/2019 at 9:00 AM, LLIONPRIDE said:

Yes, her family moved here last summer. Why do you ask?

Just wondering.  Yall had a catcher move in also. I believe they play on the bombers together if I correct. Lovelady must be growing.

10 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Just wondering.  Yall had a catcher move in also. I believe they play on the bombers together if I correct. Lovelady must be growing.

Catcher doesn’t play for the Bombers. I see what you’re trying to do here. If you want to get the facts, you can private message me. Been down this road before and a public message board is not the place for it. It will only make both of us look stupid. Just keep in mind, Lovelady hasn’t been past the 2nd round since 2010 and 2 years ago Lovelady lost 19-0 in the first round and last year, we only won 4 games all season. Not too enticing!!! But I will say that the reason I moved my family here in 2010 is because it’s a great community with an excellent academic school district. 

11 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Catcher doesn’t play for the Bombers. I see what you’re trying to do here. If you want to get the facts, you can private message me. Been down this road before and a public message board is not the place for it. It will only make both of us look stupid. Just keep in mind, Lovelady hasn’t been past the 2nd round since 2010 and 2 years ago Lovelady lost 19-0 in the first round and last year, we only won 4 games all season. Not too enticing!!! But I will say that the reason I moved my family here in 2010 is because it’s a great community with an excellent academic school district. 

Man I dont care if you have 25 players move in. I dont need facts or waste your time explaining anything to me. People can play where they want and live.where they want.   I have just seen your pitcher during the summer and thought the catcher played there also.  Nothing brewing here lion. All teams have move ins and some are better than others. Good luck.. 

12 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Man I dont care if you have 25 players move in. I dont need facts or waste your time explaining anything to me. People can play where they want and live.where they want.   I have just seen your pitcher during the summer and thought the catcher played there also.  Nothing brewing here lion. All teams have move ins and some are better than others. Good luck.. 

Good deal. Sorry about the accusations. 

I won’t believe that unless we are headed to Austin in a few weeks. Every team left in it is tough. Wish I knew something about Beckville. Hate they played 2 last night. I would have been there today to watch. Congrats to Beckville. Guess we will see y’all next Wednesday in Rusk. 

Regional Semi- Finals

Lovelady vs Rusk... 3 game series

Game 1 - Wednesday 5/15 at 6:00pm

Game 2 -  Thursday  5/16 at 6:00pm

Game 3 if necessary Saturday 5/18 at 12:00

All games will be played at Rusk High School

Rusk has a new turf field and covered bleachers. Very nice facilities!

GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!! After a tireless search to find out some info on Beckville, all i can say is Lovelady has their hands full and then some. Mentally, I think our girls are ready. I just hope we have the players to get this done!!!!! They keep showing up every week, and I hope this week isn't any different.