2A - Region 3 Softball

LLIONPRIDE

With district starting, think its time to start some chat about district predictions and region  teams to watch, in particular region 3. Let's here if from of you guys that follow softball closely. 

District 21-2A i think these 4 teams make it. Not sure what order but Grapeland has to be the favorite until proven otherwise.

GRAPELAND,  LEON,  CENTERVILLE,  LOVELADY

11 minutes ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

With district starting, think its time to start some chat about district predictions and region  teams to watch, in particular region 3. Let's here if from of you guys that follow softball closely. 

District 21-2A i think these 4 teams make it. Not sure what order but Grapeland has to be the favorite until proven otherwise.

GRAPELAND,  LEON,  CENTERVILLE,  LOVELADY

The Grapeland/Lovelady race for the title will be fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Leon knocks off Grapeland 3-1 to take sole possession of 1st place

Leon is solid. Not overpowering pitching but as a team, they do alot of things solid. Going to be interesting down the stretch. They did what they needed to do the first round through district.

16 hours ago, topher805 said:

Grapeland avenges that loss by picking up a 7-3 win tonight. This district is going to have a wild finish...

No doubt. And it won't be decided until the last district game between Leon and Grapeland. That's if Lovelady can knock off Leon next Tuesday.  District 22 is in the same boat with Garrison, Cushing, Joaquin, and Douglass all beating up on each other.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, LLIONPRIDE said:

No doubt. And it won't be decided until the last district game between Leon and Grapeland. That's if Lovelady can knock off Leon next Tuesday.  District 22 is in the same boat with Garrison, Cushing, Joaquin, and Douglass all beating up on each other.

Joaquin smoked Cushing 8-1 behind a 12 K performance by Chloe Mason. Currently Garrison is 9-1 (loss to Joaquin) and Joaquin is 8-2 (Alto and Cushing). 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, gotta give Leon their props. They swept the district and will be the #1 seed. They beat Lovelady 1-0 in 11innings and 4-3 in 8 innings. Beat Grapeland 3-1 and 7-6. Grapeland and Lovelady will have a playoff for 2nd. Probably Monday 4/22. They split their series with Lovelady winning game one 2-1 in 9 innings and Grapeland taking game two 7-3. Centerville and Slocum are fighting it out for 4th place. Centerville took the game 1 and I believe they play game 2 on Monday. Centerville wins, their in. Slocum wins, their tied. These will be some great matchups between D21 and D22 in the first round. 

On 4/6/2019 at 7:20 PM, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin smoked Cushing 8-1 behind a 12 K performance by Chloe Mason. Currently Garrison is 9-1 (loss to Joaquin) and Joaquin is 8-2 (Alto and Cushing). 

This is what I’ve heard about D22. Garrison 1st and Douglass 4th. That’s locked. If Cushing beats Garrison tomorrow 4/20 then they are 2nd and Joaquin is 3rd. If Cushing loses then Cushing and Joaquin will be tied and have a playoff for 2nd. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, orange4life said:

Beckville's only losses "i've heard" were to 3, 4, and 5 a teams.  How bout them.

I believe Beckville is in a Region 2 district, so any of the teams in this discussion would have to get to Austin to play them. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, orange4life said:

Beckville's only losses "i've heard" were to 3, 4, and 5 a teams.  How bout them.

Beckville is in District 19 in region 3. Districts 17,18,19,20 are on one side of the region 3 bracket while Districts 21,22,23,24 are on the other side. Haven’t seen them play but I think Beckville and Harleton have to be 2 of the favorites to region the regional finals out of that side of the bracket for sure. Those two teams along with Garrison are back in 2A after having spent a little time up in 3A recently. If I had to name 2 teams that I could for sure see playing in the regional finals, I would probably have to say Woden vs Beckville. 

Lovelady vs Grapeland tonight 4/22 at 6:00pm in Crockett to decide 2nd and 3rd out of District 21. Leon went undefeated in district with 4 close wins over Grapeland and Lovelady. Leon won’t blow you away with athletes and overpowering pitching but they are well coached and are solid on defense and at the plate. 

12 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Lovelady gets the win over Grapeland 5-2. District 21 is set. 

1. Leon

2. Lovelady

3. Grapeland

4. Centerville

Joaquin vs. Grapeland 6:00 Friday at Nacogdoches High School. Some good first round matchups here.