There's Only One Surviving Blockbuster Left on Planet Earth

RETIREDFAN1

I don't miss them, and only used them a few times.  I do miss Hastings a J.J.'s video in Tyler.  The first place I ever rented movies at was the Curtis Mathis store off Alpine in Longview, TX my brother had a free membership when he bought a VCR from them for like $900 or something in the early 80's.  The first video store I remember in Longview was the Video Jungle in the Tom Thumb shopping center at Loop 281 and Gilmer Rd. .  I still think Hastings was the best though.  

Blockbuster did a decent job stocking foreign and indie films, which was what I was into during the late 80s/early 90s.

I probably still owe them 20-30 bucks in late fees. :D 

13 hours ago, AKA said:

Blockbuster did a decent job stocking foreign and indie films, which was what I was into during the late 80s/early 90s.

I probably still owe them 20-30 bucks in late fees. :D 

Compound all of that interest, & you could single handedly put them back in the black!🤑

• LOL! 2

15 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Compound all of that interest, & you could single handedly put them back in the black!🤑

Lol, don't give 'em any ideas. I only just recently got my wife's student loans paid off.  :D 

• LOL! 1

On 3/7/2019 at 9:03 PM, Stoney said:

Hastings was my store. I could spend a chunk of my Saturday hunting the music racks for out of print cds. Or stock up on dvds for cheap.

Man I miss that place, had a better collection of stuff I needed/wanted than Blockbuster. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Man I miss that place, had a better collection of stuff I needed/wanted than Blockbuster. 

And if they didn’t have it they would actually order it for you.

• Like 1