Judge dismisses lawsuit against CISD

DAWG91

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

That's a nice summary of the lawsuit,  and seeing how the case was just dismissed,  that would be incorrect.  Having said that,  had that been one of my daughters i may have been the one on trial.  And while the case against the school district was dismissed,  there are no winners here.  Boys have always done stupid things when it comes to girls,  and today's technology only makes it worse.

A lower court Judges dismissal standing does not necessarily make this case over, far from it, The Appellate court has an historical way of looking at evidence in a far broader picture and more open light than most Lower court Judges.The School might want to keep attorneys on retainer.

• Like 1

Nah, it's over.  It's worth mentioning that the judge presiding over the case is an obama appointee. A reasonable person could assume,  given the sorts of things in the news all over the country over the last year or so, that if an obama judge essentially rules the case against cisd was without merit, the odds of faring any better going forward would be slim.  It's not like they can judge shop on the west coast or hawaii to find a sympathetic judge who doesn't mind ignoring the law.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

36 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Nah, it's over.  It's worth mentioning that the judge presiding over the case is an obama appointee. A reasonable person could assume,  given the sorts of things in the news all over the country over the last year or so, that if an obama judge essentially rules the case against cisd was without merit, the odds of faring any better going forward would be slim.  It's not like they can judge shop on the west coast or hawaii to find a sympathetic judge who doesn't mind ignoring the law.

Well that is a valid point...lol

22 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if Lion told you something, you can pretty well guarantee the opposite of what he said is true. 

Maybe so, but he did say Carthage would lose in the semi’s and they did.  He was wrong 39 times in a row, but he nailed it in the 40th try.  So not everything is a lie.  😂

• LOL! 2

On 3/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, DAWG91 said:

Boom, I hear ya Cadillac!

• Thanks 1

Soooo, just so I'm clear, we're saying that it's good this was dismissed because the school wasn't responsible? It was my understanding the school was charged because the pics were shown around the campus and by an assistant coach, and it was covered up to some degree?

19 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Soooo, just so I'm clear, we're saying that it's good this was dismissed because the school wasn't responsible? It was my understanding the school was charged because the pics were shown around the campus and by an assistant coach, and it was covered up to some degree?

First,  CISD wasn't "charged" with anything.  This was a civil suit.  Second,  had there been credible evidence presented at trial supporting any cover-up,  i doubt the suit would've been dismissed without any merit.  In summary,  the much-anticipated collapse of the CISD athletic program by some people is just a fairy tale.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

First,  CISD wasn't "charged" with anything.  This was a civil suit.  Second,  had there been credible evidence presented at trial supporting any cover-up,  i doubt the suit would've been dismissed without any merit.  In summary,  the much-anticipated collapse of the CISD athletic program by some people is just a fairy tale.

Much anticipated collapse needs to be changed to much desired and hoped for collapse.

Go Dawgs!

On 3/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Finally that's done, a heck of alot of folks on the Football Friday App were in an uproar about that situation since it was Carthage involved. 

I would imagine this would have gone in a different direction had Coach Surratt NOT been named in this lawsuit...as alluded to, but in another way. When a town is known for one thing in recent history and you throw some dirt at one of those heroes...a high pressure water hose will get pulled out quick on that street to wash off the "dirt"...I mean evidence.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I would imagine this would have gone in a different direction had Coach Surratt NOT been named in this lawsuit...as alluded to, but in another way. When a town is known for one thing in recent history and you throw some dirt at one of those heroes...a high pressure water hose will get pulled out quick on that street to wash off the "dirt"...I mean evidence.

So, it's not that there was no credible evidence in the plaintiff's case,  it's just that CISD destroyed all the evidence to protect the coach?  Gotcha.  It's impressive that the federal judge couldn't figure that out,  but you did...

I'm not a moderator on here but a reasonable person could conclude that your statement would fall under the "spreading unsubstantiated rumors" category. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

hey small town stuff happens before it ever reaches a courtroom. it's the pressure of living in that town...and wanting to remain there and not be shunned or be "cast out from society" as the person knows it. it's not just your town, but your town in this instance. no big deal I guess...

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 2

19 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

hey small town stuff happens before it ever reaches a courtroom. it's the pressure of living in that town...and wanting to remain there and not be shunned or be "cast out from society" as the person knows it. it's not just your town, but your town in this instance. no big deal I guess...

And you're insinuation has no basis in fact.  Only speculation.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, DAWG91 said:

So, it's not that there was no credible evidence in the plaintiff's case,  it's just that CISD destroyed all the evidence to protect the coach?  Gotcha.  It's impressive that the federal judge couldn't figure that out,  but you did...

I'm not a moderator on here but a reasonable person could conclude that your statement would fall under the "spreading unsubstantiated rumors" category. 

I agree with you 100 %. This guy is just one of the haters, we should be use to it by now. They will be really mad when the 2019 DAWGS go for number 7.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Hahahaha...you figured it out!  The massive cover up that occurred here was incredible!  He was basically named in the suit because he let the kid play football....

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Man it's crazy Lion isn't on here anymore and people still bring his name and comments from him back up. He impacted a few folks on here huh??

He can still read the comments, just can’t respond.  I mention him sometimes to poke fun at him knowing he can’t respond.  Other times to jack with specific others with an unusual hatred towards him.  😂

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, orange4life said:

Anybody who is hyping this decision in favor of Carthage football is an idiot/hypocrite.  It"s about the girl and her family PERIOD.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  If i was dad, I would be in prison.

Nobody is hyping anything and the idiots are the ones who still think this had anything to do with football.  Yes,  this is about the girls and their parents, which is why the plaintiff in this case should've gone after the alleged perpetrator and not the school district.  There's only one person who should be ashamed in any of this, and i suspect he's got to be pretty embarrassed and ashamed by this point.   I've already expressed the same sentiments as your last sentence.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, orange4life said:

Anybody who is hyping this decision in favor of Carthage football is an idiot/hypocrite.  It"s about the girl and her family PERIOD.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  If i was dad, I would be in prison.

If you have followed this topic since the story broke you should have found most Carthage supporters thought this incident was unacceptable and most all have expressed concern for the two female students involved.  But as Dawg91 said this was not about football.  The Carthage fans who have commented since the judge ruled are only showing support for the AD/HC, Principal, and former Supt because their names were drug through the mud for months as a result of the lawsuit.  It’s a black eye for the district any way you slice it.  Everyone lost.

Sorry if I made enemies.  This is personal to me.  On this post quit pumping up Carthage football,  that is wrong.  I could care a rats behind about Carthage anything.  Its about the girl.  Sorry.....  Let's not be dumb on this issue.  Let us be stupid.  Go dawgs!!  Be Proud!

12 hours ago, orange4life said:

Sorry if I made enemies.  This is personal to me.  On this post quit pumping up Carthage football,  that is wrong.  I could care a rats behind about Carthage anything.  Its about the girl.  Sorry.....  Let's not be dumb on this issue.  Let us be stupid.  Go dawgs!!  Be Proud!

The girl(s) and their well being were & are of utmost importance.  But you, like many other posters who have not followed the story from the beginning, are looking in the wrong direction for the answer.  It’s not a school or football issue.  Before you call us all hypocrites, do some research on the issue with readily available articles on the web and see if you can figure out where the real problem lies.

Dawgnation2015 this guy's not worth wasting anymore time on.  He still insists it's about football even though it isn't.  He probably still believes in Trump/Russia collusion and Christine ballsy ford's baseless allegations too.  Emotions,  not facts,  govern his thought processes.