Early class 2a div 1 region 3 picks football

Easttxmaniac

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Sometimes the community coaches dont want common sense. I agree about benbow. Heard that he runs old school offense. A good decision based on your info about the dragons. He can build from that, but you cannot always build from the new stuff. Got to learn to block and tackle first.

Yeah I’m really curious about how much they will improve in year 2 under him. 

On 3/15/2019 at 6:42 AM, Easttxmaniac said:

Just saw that SA is returning all 11 on offense is that true. Thats unheard of now days. And 8 on defense. If that's the case they wilk run away with that district. 

According to the paperwork I received back from SA coach, yes, 11 return on offense and 7 return on defense.

13 hours ago, jorr2car said:

According to the paperwork I received back from SA coach, yes, 11 return on offense and 7 return on defense.

12 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Not to mention the Hicks kid from Center 

That offense will be something to see

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, DawgPound73 said:

Garrison loses 3 year starters at QB, LG, and tackles on offense and leading receiver from last year.  On Defense lose 2 starters on DLine, 2 starters at LB, and 2 in the secondary.  Lots of skilled players there for next year, big question is to find 3 big boys to replace the linemen and who will run the offense.  But the baseball team is doing real good right now. Go Dawgs! 

Got a dude telling me today that Porter and one of the WR’s are going to Tenaha...I asked him if that was a fact, he claims it to be...If that is the case, what a blow for the Dogs, but what a gain for the Tigers...That will throw Tenaha into my favorite to win the District and def challenge for Region 3...of course, i’m expecting my Jackets to be in the mix as well lol... Boys have been working hard and I think Meeks and company have done a great job building and getting the buy in that we need to be successful again..The kids (even the little guys) are noticeably stronger with the right attitudes..Across the board, we may be faster than we’ve been in a while at certain positions..Can’t wait to see what we have up our sleeves.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, SwarmingOnEm said:

i’m expecting my Jackets to be in the mix as well lol... Boys have been working hard and I think Meeks and company have done a great job building and getting the buy in that we need to be successful again..The kids (even the little guys) are noticeably stronger with the right attitudes..Across the board, we may be faster than we’ve been in a while at certain positions..Can’t wait to see what we have up our sleeves.

I've heard High is no longer in the program.  Big loss if true.

Got a dude telling me today that Porter and one of the WR’s are going to Tenaha...I asked him if that was a fact, he claims it to be...If that is the case, what a blow for the Dogs, but what a gain for the Tigers...That will throw Tenaha into my favorite to win the District and def challenge for Region 3...of course, i’m expecting my Jackets to be in the mix as well lol... Boys have been working hard and I think Meeks and company have done a great job building and getting the buy in that we need to be successful again..The kids (even the little guys) are noticeably stronger with the right attitudes..Across the board, we may be faster than we’ve been in a while at certain positions..Can’t wait to see what we have up our sleeves.

Won’t be long man!! Excited for the upcoming season. Hard to believe there are 21 seniors this year. That may be one of the largest groups to come through Alto.....in a while anyway. Looking forward to it!

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, SwarmingOnEm said:

That's total  :BS:  from everyone I have talked to in Garrison ....

3 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Just based on the size and strength of the lineman alone I'd give them the edge.  Hopefully they can mature,  too many penalties.   25 in the 2 games I saw them in.  

With them bringing back their entire O-line, as well as pretty much all of the skill kids on offense and adding a player like Hicks to the mix, they are definitely the favorite to win Region 3. I’ll even go so far as to say that they could have a shot at breaking the semifinal drought, provided they can stay healthy. 

On 6/4/2019 at 5:51 AM, trueblue82 said:

Hearing Garrison folks cry about someone else benefiting from a kid transferring is kinda ironic. 

Who is crying?  Someone posted a bogus rumor and it was checked out and found to be untrue.  What do you find ironic?

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Who is crying?  Someone posted a bogus rumor and it was checked out and found to be untrue.  What do you find ironic?

Well that’s great news for the Bulldogs...But I’m telling you, whoever started the rumor started a good one..I heard it again today from another guy that’s from Tenaha lol..

• LOL! 1

There are lots of rumors out there,  I believe Porter and the WR will be in the G still when the season starts.    

• Thanks 1