Clarksville Open

footballjunky

On 3/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, footballjunky said:

AD and Head football coach Dewaski Davis has turned in his resignation paper. Wonder will they stay inside for the hire or look outside?

If they want to win its time to go in a different direction and yes maybe bring some youth and discipline to the program.

5 hours ago, flukeshot said:

Win what? Clarksville just won district, won a playoff game, and were reasonably competitive in their area round game. Historically that's a great season for the Tigers.

Yet and still they have no players signed to play at the next level and a few of those kids were pretty good. 

10 hours ago, footballjunky said:

Yet and still they have no players signed to play at the next level and a few of those kids were pretty good. 

Not a lot of 2A-D2 schools pushing out college prospects 

“Talent” is relative - perhaps they aren’t as good as one may think. Everything is filmed, kids have social media pages, coaches talk and college coaches pound the pavement. If a kid is good enough, they’ll get picked up.

• Like 1

I think they will go outside if possible. Even though Clarksville has lots of raw talent year after year. Harnessing that and getting on the field is not always that easy. Probably won't get any attention from anyone who is currently a HC anywhere. This would be a good spot for a young guy to do some winning quick; or, could be a good spot for a young guy to flame out. There is one former player who is currently on staff that probably couldn't handle the AD spot; but, could get the max out of the kids on the field

28 minutes ago, GoodFellas said:

The Ricks kid is going to play and Tavie could if he wants to. They are good people. Who wants to be AD, head football, and discipline coordinator? Not an easy job.

Im hearing the ricks kid has some interest but ACT scores are holding him back and No big D1 schools have reached out to Tavie so he doesn’t want to play. 

Baysinger could go in there and make a real difference.  He is headed nowhere in QC.  Kids are spoiled brats who don't want to work as required to become winners.  Parents currently trying to run half the staff off because they don't like them (translate-are not getting their way). Really bad right now in softball.  Baysinger would be smart to bail quickly!

• Like 1

Hearing the OC in Daingerfield is also in the mix for the Clarksville job. This dude must be a real hot commodity. I don't blame these schools for looking his way though. Daingerfield made huge strides in their first year after the exit of Waldie and he was the mastermind.

On another note, and this is not bashing in any way, I have heard Barry Bowman has applied also.

16 hours ago, CheckeredUp said:

Baysinger could go in there and make a real difference.  He is headed nowhere in QC.  Kids are spoiled brats who don't want to work as required to become winners.  Parents currently trying to run half the staff off because they don't like them (translate-are not getting their way). Really bad right now in softball.  Baysinger would be smart to bail quickly!

I hear everybody is trying to leave..... big ole dumpster fire

44 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

I hear everybody is trying to leave..... big ole dumpster fire

They may be better off if they just shut down the entire athletic department in QC.  Save the taxpayers money or just use it on Ag, band and archery.  Seems like that is the only things people can get behind there

17 hours ago, CheckeredUp said:

Nothing new in QC. Many have tried and most have failed there but those same folks go elsewhere and are successful...that should tell people all they need to know. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hearing the OC in Daingerfield is also in the mix for the Clarksville job. This dude must be a real hot commodity. I don't blame these schools for looking his way though. Daingerfield made huge strides in their first year after the exit of Waldie and he was the mastermind.

On another note, and this is not bashing in any way, I have heard Barry Bowman has applied also.

The Daingerfield OC ran the show last year and Nelson and the supt. refused to hire Bowman back  last week as a staff member.....go figure that one.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

wow, that coaching staff looks more like a retirement center foosball team...

One great looking staff. I’m guessing they put in countless hours on the weekends formulating incredible game plans which are thoroughly and intensely practiced Monday-Wednesday. This leads to flawless execution under the bright Friday night lights in Red River County, not too terribly far from the vast, free flowing, mighty Sulphur River(home to some of the most vicious alligator gar on the planet)