The Smoakhouse Forums
KirtFalcon

ūü§° Robert Francis O'Rourke for President?

I know there are crazies from everywhere but why does Beto have to be a Texan? Ugh.

• Thanks 1

I don't think there is much chance of Betoff prosecuting Donald Trump  ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Democrats in Congress right now have an interesting conundrum.

When Bill Clinton was impeached, it hurt Republicans a little bit. I don't think the Democrats want that. They assume they'll lose seats (and possible control of the House) if they start impeachment proceedings. And they're probably right.

Because let's be honest, if they pursue impeachment, they will do everything in their power to impeach Trump. That will pass the House, in my opinion, if they do it.

I don't think at this time an impeachment will make it through the Senate.

That said, their conundrum is this: There are a number of prominent Democrats that want very badly to start impeachment proceedings. There are also a lot of them who want to be "politically expedient" and not start proceedings.

My prediction and what I think is happening is this:

I think the Democrats are acting like they're going to impeach (gathering documents, etc.) to appease their base. They're crossing their fingers that in 2020 Trump is voted out of office, so then they don't have to impeach him, but they can say, "We were ready to if he won." And if he does win the 2020 election, they've got everything ready to go, and then they've got another decision to make (the same "we really want to" vs "political expediency" one).

1 hour ago, GunnyHighway said:

Election fraud.  I believe his fixer is in jail for violation laws and Trump is a co conspirator .

Volume 2 of the Mueller Report gives 12 examples of obstruction of justice.

He violated the law and even lied to us all. He is a crook

Ha then why didn’t he and all the other dimwits charge him with obstruction if the evidence was so overwhelming 

37 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Members of Congress would no doubt be EXEMPT from having to pay this tax, you can Bet your sweet azz...ūüė°¬†

• Like 1

Funny how FOX focused on the costs to its base, gazillionaires, while not telling the full story on his proposal.

(Headline from the Washington Post)

O’Rourke releases proposal that aims to improve veterans’ lives

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Funny how FOX focused on the costs to its base, gazillionaires, while not telling the full story on his proposal.

(Headline from the Washington Post)

O’Rourke releases proposal that aims to improve veterans’ lives

The headline I posted was from MSN. And if you read the article it does mention that it would help improve veterans lives. My dad (rest his soul) was a Vietnam vet, before you start to say something critical about me.

But I love these things. How about telling us exactly how they're going to improve veterans lives? How about going more in depth?

I have got no problem with this as long as the money is spent correctly.  

Far to long the rich has started wars , generally for oil. The rich didn't fight or even pay for the war.  Maybe they will think twice if they are taxed.  Money is the only thing they listened too.   

• Stinks 1

13 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

I have got no problem with this as long as the money is spent correctly.  

Far to long the rich has started wars , generally for oil. The rich didn't fight or even pay for the war.  Maybe they will think twice if they are taxed.  Money is the only thing they listened too.   

Your ire is misplaced, then. Most of "the rich" don't start wars. I don't think Mark Cuban, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, et. al are "starting wars".

Politicians start wars. Are most politicians rich? Yes. But your characterization is unfair.

5 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Your ire is misplaced, then. Most of "the rich" don't start wars. I don't think Mark Cuban, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, et. al are "starting wars".

Politicians start wars. Are most politicians rich? Yes. But your characterization is unfair.

Look at the stock market when Iran shot down the drone.  Look at the military industrial complex stocks.  Blowing thing up make money, and rebuilding what gets blown up makes more money for American companies.  

9 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Look at the stock market when Iran shot down the drone.  Look at the military industrial complex stocks.  Blowing thing up make money, and rebuilding what gets blown up makes more money for American companies.  

Let me know the next time Daymond John, or Bill Gates, or Warren Buffet start a war. Let me know next time one of the Waltons starts a war.

Or any of the other non-politician millionaires in this country. Let me know when that person specifically starts a war.

Elected officials start wars.

How did this never get prosecuted?

BETO: Migrants Have 'No Choice' But To Come To US Because of Climate Change
NN ^ | 06-28-19 | Paul Whitehead 

Posted on 6/30/2019, 6:45:13 PM by Steve1999

2020 hopeful Beto O'Rourke has claimed that migrants have "no choice" but to come to the United States because of American "excesses" causing climate change in their country. O'Rourke, who is losing traction within the 2020 Democratic primary, made the remarks while visiting the Homestead Temporary Shelter for Unaccompanied Children in Florida on Wednesday.

(Excerpt) Read more at nnettle.com ...

Good gosh I have heard it all now, does people really believe this guy

Is this guy serious?  Climate change did this??  No Beto (you loon).  You’re political party did this.   

Someone needs to kick him in his analytic passage.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Good gosh I have heard it all now, does people really believe this guy

No doubt Barry, Ctex, and the Buzzard do.

:rofl: 

• Haha 1

Bicycles will soon be banned due to the heat that is generated during pedaling.... 

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Bicycles will soon be banned due to the heat that is generated during pedaling.... 

Nah, Commies love bicycles....

He isn't much different than any of the rest from what I can tell

19 minutes ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Beto is a Jackass

You’re giving him to much credit