Jim Bird leaving Coldspring AD/HFB coach to join staff at Lovelady...

Smoaky

Coach Bird sent me this statement on his decision to leave Coldspring ISD as their AD/Head Football Coach. I spoke at length with him by phone and I wish him the best of luck. There is nothing behind the scene other than truly wanting to be home more...

David Smoak

=====

I will be resigning my position as Athletic Director at Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD effective June 15th, 2019.  I have taken an assistant coaching job at Lovelady High School under new athletic director and Head football coach Will Kirchoff.  After meeting with Coach Kirchoff and the Administration there, I am super excited to become a part of the district and athletic department at Lovelady.   I want to thank Coldspring-Oakhurst Superintendent Dr. Leland Moore for the opportunity and for his continued friendship and support in this decision.  He is an amazing boss to work for.  His support as a Superintendent in the realm of athletics is never ending.   I would also like to thank COCISD board of trustees for giving me the opportunity and for placing their faith and trust in me for the past year to promote me to run the program. 

To some on the outside looking in, this decision will seem very atypical. In departing Coldspring, I want to make a few things clear to all.  First, Coldspring has been nothing but great to me and my family, extending my contract for two more years last month.  This decision is not due to them forcing me out, or because I was unhappy with the district.  The district has welcomed me with open arms from the word go.  It is truly a great place to work.  Secondly, my reasons for leaving are entirely based on what is best for my family at this time.  My first priority is and always will be to my wife and my two small children.  At this important time raising our boys, my wife and my kids do not see me enough with the duties I have as an athletic director.  That is not something that I can live with.  It is something that I can rectify and something that is very important to me.  Lovelady is the town that I lived in growing up, the town in which my wife and I, along with our two young boys reside, and the town that our families call home.  I look forward to joining them daily as a Lovelady Lion.

Sincerely,

Jim P. Bird

Jim P. Bird
Athletic Director/Head Football Coach
Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD

• Like 5

• Smoaky unpinned this topic