UT A&M negotiations for renewing rivalry

trueblue82

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

With how many SEC opponents you're scheduling, I could see you guys wanting in. Sorry. The PAC rejected you and so would the SEC. :(

Texas is just negating the Aggies’ pitch of “playing in the sec” by scheduling most of them.  That’s all.  I’m glad the Big12 teams stayed away from the PAC, too had some of them lied about committing to stay and make it work out

18 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

With how many SEC opponents you're scheduling, I could see you guys wanting in. Sorry. The PAC rejected you and so would the SEC. :(

The SEC definitely would. I wouldn't be mad though. I couldn't see Texas fitting in the SEC. 

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It would have been better with more satire on the A&M side though.

But I do appreciate that new annual Big XII tradition he mentioned. It's one "honor" that I hope Texas receives each year.   ;)

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

20 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

With the way the Longhorns are trending, I wouldn't want them in the SEC either. 

I'm also glad the PAC thing never materialized. Too much travel and horrible TV time slots in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 12:36 PM, Lhornfan said:

With the way the Longhorns are trending, I wouldn't want them in the SEC either. 

I'm also glad the PAC thing never materialized. Too much travel and horrible TV time slots in my opinion.

Texas has a long way to go before I would say they are trending to a point the sec should fear them. We can’t even safely say they are the best team in their own state yet.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

hahaha, as A&M is just trying to trend to be within the top 3 in the state...and get within 50% in the series with Texas...I wouldn't call it a rivalry until the Aggies are say within 20 wins of the Horns head-to-head (currently 37-76-5)

may just try top 5 in the Ark-La-Tex...may be tough

• Thanks 3
  • Stinks 1

13 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

hahaha, as A&M is just trying to trend to be within the top 3 in the state...and get within 50% in the series with Texas...I wouldn't call it a rivalry until the Aggies are say within 20 wins of the Horns head-to-head (currently 37-76-5)

may just try top 5 in the Ark-La-Tex...may be tough

What do any of those numbers have to do with how good the current teams within the state are?

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh yeah? Haha

I mean do you truly think without a doubt you could say that Texas was the best team in the state last season and the current without a doubt favorite next season? 

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Who would you say was last year and is this coming year?

Last year I’d say it was very close between Texas and A&M honestly. Too close to call. Texas looked good vs a couple of opponents and also looked bad against some with bad losses. Same thing for A&M. Both showed flashes of good and needs work. I don’t think one was hands down better or proved a ton more the other. 

As for next year it’s another hard to tell. I truthfully think A&M is will be the better more complete team, but Texas might finish with a better record simply because of how tough A&Ms schedule is. A&M will have 4 preseason top 10 teams on the schedule, 3 of them on the road. Texas has two teams of that caliber on the schedule and it’s neutral site and a home game. So I think Texas probably finishes with 1 or maybe 2 more wins than A&M, but isn’t necessarily the “better team” of the two. Just has an easier road. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

Last year I’d say it was very close between Texas and A&M honestly. Too close to call. Texas looked good vs a couple of opponents and also looked bad against some with bad losses. Same thing for A&M. Both showed flashes of good and needs work. I don’t think one was hands down better or proved a ton more the other. 

As for next year it’s another hard to tell. I truthfully think A&M is will be the better more complete team, but Texas might finish with a better record simply because of how tough A&Ms schedule is. A&M will have 4 preseason top 10 teams on the schedule, 3 of them on the road. Texas has two teams of that caliber on the schedule and it’s neutral site and a home game. So I think Texas probably finishes with 1 or maybe 2 more wins than A&M, but isn’t necessarily the “better team” of the two. Just has an easier road. 

Your schedule is slightly tougher.  The sec keeps proven to be a couple of good teams and a bunch of worn out name recognition teams.  Texas did struggle with some of those teams, but your perception of the big 12 skews your decision.  The big 12 proved to be tougher than people thought down the stretch.  Both teams can improve, but from a talent standpoint I’d pick Texas hands down.

Last year it was Texas, easy choice.  

Same for this year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

19 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Your schedule is slightly tougher.  The sec keeps proven to be a couple of good teams and a bunch of worn out name recognition teams.  Texas did struggle with some of those teams, but your perception of the big 12 skews your decision.  The big 12 proved to be tougher than people thought down the stretch.  Both teams can improve, but from a talent standpoint I’d pick Texas hands down.

Last year it was Texas, easy choice.  

Same for this year.  

I think that’s stretching it for sure. But each gets their own opinion. 

Let’s break down positions. 

Qb-Texas 

RB-wash both have depth and 

WR- A&M

TE- Idk what Texas even has there but A&M has a 5 star freshman that’s a once in a decade type athlete at the position so we will see. 

OL- A&M

DL-A&M

LB-Texas

DB-Texas 

K/P- A&M

i don’t think texas is more talented at all. I also don’t even come close to thinking that it was Texas easy choice either last year or this year. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I think that’s stretching it for sure. But each gets their own opinion. 

Let’s break down positions. 

Qb-Texas 

RB-wash both have depth and 

WR- A&M

TE- Idk what Texas even has there but A&M has a 5 star freshman that’s a once in a decade type athlete at the position so we will see. 

OL- A&M

DL-A&M

LB-Texas

DB-Texas 

K/P- A&M

i don’t think texas is more talented at all. I also don’t even come close to thinking that it was Texas easy choice either last year or this year. 

Of course you disagree, I wouldn’t expect anything else. 

Are you referring to baylor cupp as a once in a decade type TE?

WR????  Are you kidding me???  Lol..Bru McCoy will tip your best and he hasn’t played yet.  There’s also Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay coming back.  Texas has way more depth too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Of course you disagree, I wouldn’t expect anything else. 

Are you referring to baylor cupp as a once in a decade type TE?

WR????  Are you kidding me???  Lol..Bru McCoy will tip your best and he hasn’t played yet.  There’s also Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay coming back.  Texas has way more depth too.

I'll take Texas on OL as well.